Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Jumped before he was pushed.

Blow for May that.

Will be interesting to see what he gets up to on the backbenches now, as someone with strong Remain sympathies but presumably a strong loyalty to May.

You'd imagine that he knows more than most what she wants to do strategically.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Indeed it isn't.

Though whether it's worse or not depends on which is worse in peoples opinion: being unpleasant to someone because of what they perceive they do, or being unpleasant to someone because of what they obviously are.

Both are horrible things to do to people who are just doing a job. It’s hardly a competition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Both are horrible things to do to people who are just doing a job. It’s hardly a competition.

I agree that we're not playing the Oppression Olympics here, but as per my last post, I do personally make a distinction between the two.

15 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Will be interesting to see what he gets up to on the backbenches now, as someone with strong Remain sympathies but presumably a strong loyalty to May.

Will be, leaves a position in the cabinet for a prominent high profile remainer as well.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Oh I see, a true thatcherite...me, me, me....lots of Money:rolleyes:

I did well, I will  have had 8yrs of being on early retirement, with  a decent wage.

but realise   that many  , are having to accept the  shit, the finance and political plebs are  dishing up ,more so in the UK, but around

also the so called richer European nations..

Not my problem or my care tbh. 

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough...

...and on the day that, heaven forbid, you yourself have a problem that neither you nor anyone you know personally can resolve?

I'll take the manly way out and just suicide, not cry foul as I sit on my arse and let things go to shite.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Not my problem or my care tbh. 

I hope one day you find out precisely why society is important. You've written things like this numerous times. You really don't come across as a very nice person at all. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Trust me, I won't be losing any sleep over your opinion of me. 

I'm sure you won't but there is a time when everybody needs help in some form. 

I don't know you, just bits from what you've written that give me an impression. I may be way off. You sound young and arrogant. What you classify as doing well I don't know. If you are young then it's no surprise your income is rapidly increasing as that happens for everybody.

Being successful doesn't mean you can tell the rest of the world to fcuk itself. Whilst I do have debts that are a pain in the arse, I'm also around the top 10%. When I talk about wanting to see higher taxation on higher earners I say that in expectation of paying more personally. 

You may think nobody else matters and it's all about you but one day you or a family member will need the NHS. You might have kids who you want to see educated. If your success continues you might need to travel more widely or operate your own business at scale. All of these things take infrastructure and money. 

It matters little to me that my thoughts matter little to you. I can only suggest to you that you might wish to take a softer line with others as you never know what life has in store.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

I'm sure you won't but there is a time when everybody needs help in some form. 

I don't know you, just bits from what you've written that give me an impression. I may be way off. You sound young and arrogant. What you classify as doing well I don't know. If you are young then it's no surprise your income is rapidly increasing as that happens for everybody.

Being successful doesn't mean you can tell the rest of the world to fcuk itself. Whilst I do have debts that are a pain in the arse, I'm also around the top 10%. When I talk about wanting to see higher taxation on higher earners I say that in expectation of paying more personally. 

You may think nobody else matters and it's all about you but one day you or a family member will need the NHS. You might have kids who you want to see educated. If your success continues you might need to travel more widely or operate your own business at scale. All of these things take infrastructure and money. 

It matters little to me that my thoughts matter little to you. I can only suggest to you that you might wish to take a softer line with others as you never know what life has in store.

:huh:

Nice speech. Think I'll stay the way I am though ta. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

You’re a big meanie. :innocent:

Ain't that the truth. Never said boo to a goose but apparently looking after myself makes me evil. lol

18 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

:huh:

Nice speech. Think I'll stay the way I am though ta. 

Ain't that the truth. Never said boo to a goose but apparently looking after myself makes me evil. lol

If you have the courage to stick to that and to what you said to me above right to the very end, then I'll applaud it.

3 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Not really politics but leaving your child unattended can get you charged with manslaughter?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-42425758

Correct in my opinion, but one has to wonder whether the same charge would have brought had the parents been more ‘upstanding’, something like a pair of doctors perhaps.

Have you not read the report? 

This case was in no way as simple as 'leaving a child unattended'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Jumped before he was pushed.

Blow for May that.

I’m sure most have since noticed, he was in fact asked to resign by May - so effectively sacked

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

You assume that the cabinet know what they want to do strategically... they’ve only had one meeting on it so far!

But hey, as we were reminded today, despite all that has gone on in 2017 - May is still there!