Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Wildlife and Gardens Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Apples ready too ..

5985f286e733a_FullSizeRender3.jpg.c95f51c9bc9205a62992beed5f93f61c.jpg
I need for your advice CF. I have an apple tree in my garden. I have no idea what type it is, but the apples produced are mainly green with a slight shading of red. The apples are starting to fall, and most of them look ripe and ready for picking. However, I opened one up today and the seeds are still white, and I was always led to believe that they were only ripe for picking once the seeds darkened. Should I pick them now or wait for a bit?

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:30, Countryfox said:

Apples ready too ..

I need for your advice CF. I have an apple tree in my garden. I have no idea what type it is, but the apples produced are mainly green with a slight shading of red. The apples are starting to fall, and most of them look ripe and ready for picking. However, I opened one up today and the seeds are still white, and I was always led to believe that they were only ripe for picking once the seeds darkened. Should I pick them now or wait for a bit?

http://pickyourown.org/apples_howtotellwhenripe.php

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-40859717

Figured I'd throw this in here, always nice to see a bunch of foxes about. Think the last time I saw one about was over 10 years ago when the lonsdale pub was still open. :dry:

Beautiful animals. Makes me genuinely angry how some people wish to treat, and probably do illegally, such charismatic creatures.

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
On 5 August 2017 at 17:30, Countryfox said:

Apples ready too ..

There you go already answered by Master Buce ! ...   I generally just taste them when they look about right ...    And if the wasps are going in you have to grab them quick !   Generally the seeds will be darker than white.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These two young Roe twins were having a mooch around yesterday ...     probably about a year old and very inquisitive.   My favourite deer and one of our two native species (If it begins with an R its a native ..  Red and Roe) ...    

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

These two young Roe twins were having a mooch around yesterday ...     probably about a year old and very inquisitive.   My favourite deer and one of our two native species (If it begins with an R its a native ..  Red and Roe) ...    

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Please tell me you didn't shoot them...

Just now, Countryfox said:

Absolutely not ...   they will never be shot by me ...    I've even named them, Ant and Dec ! ...      (Dec is on the right and has a scar on his side)...   :)

Good man!

However, if you want to shoot the real Ant & Dec, you have my full support... :D

• Haha 2