Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

well done mods

but about 50 pages too late, the drivel posted on the ihaneacho thread is just pathetic, people posting nonsense page after page after page.

Perhaps a look at  how redcafe perform, and possibly aim to have the same the ouitlook as them towards posters suitability

How about you try being a moderator, then?

Try handling and monitoring dozens and dozens of threads with dozens and dozens of comments made most the time, you think it's easy a responsibility?...

Think the mods on here are doing a great job despite that particular thread, which they knew about and were initially reluctant to lock over concerns some may complain in it not being open anymore to post on.

Would personally hate to be a moderator on here in the fear of being moaned at all the time by certain types of members for not doing this and that.

Sorry it's caused you a lot of bother, but am a bit surprised you're not happy that thread is locked now tbh...

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Try handling and monitoring dozens and dozens of threads with dozens and dozens of comments made most the time, you think it's easy a responsibility?...

Think the mods on here are doing a great job despite that particular thread, which they knew about and were initially reluctant to lock over concerns some may complain in it not being open anymore to post on.

Would personally hate to be a moderator on here in the fear of being moaned at all the time by certain types of members for not doing this and that.

Sorry it's caused you a lot of bother, but am a bit surprised you're not happy that thread is locked now tbh...

The fear lol

All it's pretty much been since page 130 is people saying lets get this to 200 pages.. sorry I find that a bit tedious. Some of the decent stuff that gets deleted from time to time yet that gets to stand.. that particular case should have been an easy job, doubt it takes more than 5 seconds to lock it. Those posting the shit would have got over it, i'm sure they have their toy cars and lego and such to go play with

We're lucky to have moderators that are active. So many forums are full of moderators that never visit the site. On top of this, IPB is probably the best forum software and it allows for mass actions, easy reporting, user spoofing and loads more, it's fantastic and the investment (it requires a recurring payment) is great, it's advanced a lot since the version I was using it looking at the website. Many other supporter forums put up with crap software. We are very lucky.

Having done a lot of website administration and forum moderation in the past, I can tell you with 100% certainty that some users will never be happy. Whether that thread was closed 100 pages ago or not, some will be irritated, and frankly this thread is probably more bothersome to those dedicating their free time for this than spending half a second locking an off topic thread. One way to get a moderator reaction that barely anyone on forums ever seems to use is thread/post reporting. Use it, it sends a notification to the moderator dashboard that I'm sure it actively watched.

I'm also unsure what you mean by "poster suitability", but restricting posting privileges when it's not as punishment is almost alway a dumb thing to do.

Chill dude. There are finite people ready to moderate, and finite time those people can dedicate, and users generally don't make it easier, cut the guys some slack.

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Lighten up a bit man. It's summer, we're all board.

Or even bored...:P  Totally this though ^^^^^

Some get their kicks from getting a thread to 'x' amount of pages, and others toss it off by posting jokes and meme's. And then there's the serious dudes who only want posts to be about that specific thread topic - which is fair enough.

Personally I think it's all just harmless banter and not doing anybody any harm. It's just a way of people getting through the day/week and to pass the time away from their boring jobs and worthless existences really :)

It's called the 'silly season' for a reason. So just let people be silly for a few weeks before the real stuff starts again I say.. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It is annoying when you want to find out what is actually going on with a transfer and you get page after page of crap, I would fully support mods banning people from the transfer sub forum for spamming. It is pointless and boring and is a waste of everyone's time.

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2017 at 00:16, Wymeswold fox said:

I'll be a moderator then I can ban anyone who disagrees with me

Archived