Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rn9013

Arsenal away Members Ballot

19 minutes ago, Chown said:

I can't see anything on the website. Can anybody else see how to enter?

Thanks

Under members match ticket ballot!!! should be your 1st option followed by the chelsea home ballot.

2 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Looking at the dates, this means that Members have a better priority than STHs on 210+.

They are guaranteed member's tickets already put aside, so I'm not sure the date is relevant.

But they certainly have priority over any ST ticket holders that are below the bracket it sells out at, for any game, which is baffling. 

And for Bournemouth, although for very few tickets, they will get these ahead of everyone below P1 I'd imagine, for a 3.00pm Saturday  game in September.

Which again seems strange to me.

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

They are guaranteed member's tickets already put aside, so I'm not sure the date is relevant.

But they certainly have priority over any ST ticket holders that are below the bracket it sells out at, for any game, which is baffling. 

And for Bournemouth, although for very few tickets, they will get these ahead of everyone below P1 I'd imagine, for a 3.00pm Saturday  game in September.

Which again seems strange to me.

I appreciate the view on this from STH's, but as a member I find this a very small benefit in an otherwise expensive membership scheme. Surely you'd rather have 60 paying members in the crowd than 60 mates of the ticket office staff?? 

Id rather get rid of the ticket office perks before this tiny membership benefit. 

3 hours ago, rn9013 said:

I appreciate the view on this from STH's, but as a member I find this a very small benefit in an otherwise expensive membership scheme. Surely you'd rather have 60 paying members in the crowd than 60 mates of the ticket office staff?? 

Id rather get rid of the ticket office perks before this tiny membership benefit. 

I appreciate it's hard now for members to get a ST if they want one. And being a member is expensive. It's also therefore hard to start on the away priority points system. All that I get. 

But you could have the scenario of a member who has never been to a single game in their lifetime, home or away, especially early in the season, and they get an away ticket ahead of a ST holder of at least 3 years with history of attending away matches. This history could be fairly high in attending away games, depending on where each game sells out.

I just can't personally make sense of that. And I think mate's tickets will still find there way to mates anyway. 

10 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I appreciate it's hard now for members to get a ST if they want one. And being a member is expensive. It's also therefore hard to start on the away priority points system. All that I get. 

But you could have the scenario of a member who has never been to a single game in their lifetime, home or away, especially early in the season, and they get an away ticket ahead of a ST holder of at least 3 years with history of attending away matches. This history could be fairly high in attending away games, depending on where each game sells out.

I just can't personally make sense of that. And I think mate's tickets will still find there way to mates anyway. 

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you mate, I absolutely get your view. I just feel it's 2% of the allocation, it's a token benefit. I know many members (including myself) who attend about half the home PL games but pay more than STH's for the privelage. 

Yes you'll always get a few members who have never been to a game, but let's face it the vast majority are loyal city fans who have been attending city games for years but who for one reason or another haven't managed to get a ST. 

I think the club knew they had to sweeten the new hefty membership fee and this is what they came up with. That and an exclusive iPad case and desktop calendar! Perhaps they'll get their thinking caps back on and come up with something better next season. 

42 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you mate, I absolutely get your view. I just feel it's 2% of the allocation, it's a token benefit. I know many members (including myself) who attend about half the home PL games but pay more than STH's for the privelage. 

Yes you'll always get a few members who have never been to a game, but let's face it the vast majority are loyal city fans who have been attending city games for years but who for one reason or another haven't managed to get a ST. 

I think the club knew they had to sweeten the new hefty membership fee and this is what they came up with. That and an exclusive iPad case and desktop calendar! Perhaps they'll get their thinking caps back on and come up with something better next season. 

Some good points here pal. Membership was designed for fans who just watch games occasionally wasn't it, but now it's the only option if you don't have a ST and want to go to every game. And it therefore costs you a fortune! 

The iPad cover etc. isnt fooling anyone is it. lol

Hope you get lucky in some away games if you apply.

It's a seriously weird feature that will only serve to benefit a very small number of members and at the same time understandably annoy season ticket holders.

Make the membership fee £30 max and let us have away tickets after ST holders and I don't see anyone complaining.

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

15% chance of a ticket then...

Yeah, have a feeling it wont be far off making members sale anyway. 700 still left and down to 210 points tomorrow. So those people have only been to 10 or so away games in the last 4 years, hardly regulars and a Friday night in London in the school holidays might not suit. 

Archived