Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

Notts County chairman and owner Alan Hardy is offering ALL SUPPORTERS £2 tickets for the visit of Crewe Alexandra on Saturday 3 February.

Today marks the one-year anniversary of his takeover and, to acknowledge the magnificent support he has received during that time, Alan has announced plans to pack out Meadow Lane for the visit of the Railwaymen.

“I have been truly humbled by the response of our supporters and the wider community throughout my first year at Meadow Lane.

“We have seen average attendances rise dramatically and I have no doubt that has had a huge impact on our upturn in fortunes on the field.

“My dream remains, however, to see Meadow Lane packed to the rafters week in, week out.

"We're on the start of a long journey towards achieving that goal but on 3 February I’m inviting everyone, including visiting supporters, to the match for only £2.

“Let’s spread the word among friends and family members who never – or rarely – come to games and show them what a Meadow Lane matchday is all about.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

First home loss of the season today for Notts.

Can't keep falling behind and expecting to get a result.

Hopefully the new guys will start to fit in.

Went today, long story revolving around Shola Ameobi lol

Thought Exeter got the ball down well, whilst County were trying to find Stead too early, especially Hunt, and had nobody around him, he was struggling to hold it up long enough to get people around him. They had to really work for every opening whilst Exeter were making chances with ease. Second half was better and Ameobi improved things, and Grant got into it more but in the end they didn't have enough.

Edited by Facecloth

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I'm intrigued!

Mate I used to work with is Newcastle fan, I've always took the piss making out Shola is one of the worlds greatest strikers. So now get the piss taken out of me for it, saying I'm the only member of the Shola fan club, I even have a nigeria shirt with his name on lol He's never played when I've been to a Leicester Newcastle game so kept saying I'd go to a Notts county game to see the great man play, and chose today, luckily he's back from injury.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

Read an interesting stat this week that league 1 is the 9th most popular league by attendance in Europe and the championship is 3rd just after the German top flight!

A lot of big stadiums in Championship.

Hopefully next season League One will be important to me ;)

13 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Now 2 straight losses at home.

Wheels are coming off. 

There's immediate danger of Accrington and Exeter being above you, particularly with both playing two games less, but it's that tight at the top that there's massive pressure on Nolan etc to stop any rot from occurring..

Don't mind who goes up, but would like to see Accrington getting promoted, based on how under-valued they are as a club etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

There's immediate danger of Accrington and Exeter being above you, particularly with both playing two games less, but it's that tight at the top that there's massive pressure on Nolan etc to stop any rot from occurring..

Don't mind who goes up, but would like to see Accrington getting promoted, based on how under-valued they are as a club etc.

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's really tight at the top so one bad spell and things will look a whole lot bleaker.

Hoping we get back on track and stay top 3.

7 minutes ago, isaidno said:

What was the goalkeeper doing. Cost you the match. 

Looking for his marbles.

Down to our 3rd string keeper vs Swans this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 17K at Meadow Lane today! (helped by the cheap tickets ;)) 

Certainly glad to get the win. Two of the new guys got in on the score sheet. Husin's was a beauty!

Wycombe had a wild one. Up 2-0, then down a man and trailing 2-3. Scored two late for the win.

We're a point behind them in the last promotion spot, but also only 4 points away from missing the playoffs.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Over 17K at Meadow Lane today! (helped by the cheap tickets ;)) 

Certainly glad to get the win. Two of the new guys got in on the score sheet. Husin's was a beauty!

Wycombe had a wild one. Up 2-0, then down a man and trailing 2-3. Scored two late for the win.

We're a point behind them in the last promotion spot, but also only 4 points away from missing the playoffs.

Strong win after recent results. And glad to hear of 17k there.

Hope Crewe don't go down though.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2018 at 11:48, isaidno said:

League 2 is ridiculously close. Lincoln play Chelsea u23 on Tuesday in the check a trade semi final. They've never played at Wembley. 

Congrats to Lincoln on the win.

As for Notts, yesterday was a bad day all around. Not only getting hammered out of the Cup, but with Accrington's win we are now out of the top 3 for the first time this season.