Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

I'm going to POSH/Northampton today. A bunch of League 1 cloggers clogging about in the mud and rain. Still, it gets me out of the house and away from bank holiday TV. Can POSH maintain their playoff push? Is Jimmy Floyd nearing the end of his Cobblers reign? Will report back later.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Accrington 1-0. Looks as if they may win the league...

Pretty sure they will now.

I thought we gave them a decent match today. Nolan selected a totally different lineup, which I'm sure he'll be criticized for. It's not like the regular group had been playing well and we played on Friday.

The Conventry and Mansfield loses help us at least.

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm going to POSH/Northampton today. A bunch of League 1 cloggers clogging about in the mud and rain. Still, it gets me out of the house and away from bank holiday TV. Can POSH maintain their playoff push? Is Jimmy Floyd nearing the end of his Cobblers reign? Will report back later.

Routine 2-0 win for POSH, who didn't have to get out of 2nd gear. Northampton offered very little. Jimmy Floyd is a goner soon I think. Northampton end was good until POSH scored, then went quiet. They piped up again towards the end to call for Jimmy Floyd to be sacked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Routine 2-0 win for POSH, who didn't have to get out of 2nd gear. Northampton offered very little. Jimmy Floyd is a goner soon I think. Northampton end was good until POSH scored, then went quiet. They piped up again towards the end to call for Jimmy Floyd to be sacked.

He's been sacked.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Lincoln look nailed on for a play-off place.

Not playing the greatest football but grinding out results at the right time of the season. 

Sold 27,000 tickets for Wembley on Sunday, Shrewsbury only sold 10k

Good to see lower-budget teams like Accrington doing very well against the likes of Luton, Notts County and Coventry.

Gives some hope to those of their similar size in the same league and also non-league teams, if they go about the right way of doing certain things.

Edited by Wymeswold fox