Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

On 25/04/2018 at 01:17, Kopfkino said:

How many years in a row will this be that Cov have failed to finish in the top 6 of any division? Shame they can go up in 7th.

Think it's nearly 50. Utterly bonkers that a club can go half a century without having one side who won consistently enough to finish sixth over a season. 

It really is lovely to see Wimbledon finishing above MK Dons.

Hopefully they can finish the job so they're in the league above them next season. Amazing job they've done down there- in 15 years, they've gone from the 9th tier to the 3rd, overtaking the club who took their original standing in the process, and are currently building a new ground right next to their former Plough Lane home.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Think it's nearly 50. Utterly bonkers that a club can go half a century without having one side who won consistently enough to finish sixth over a season. 

Could be the next Gateshead Trinity. Saw a story the other day that in their 145 year history, this season was the first where they have been promoted or relegated through league position. 

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could be the next Gateshead Trinity. Saw a story the other day that in their 145 year history, this season was the first where they have been promoted or relegated through league position. 

Yeah I saw that, crazy stat. Cov have had a few relegations in recent years though lol

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gainsborough, not Gateshead. :thumbup:

Morecambe in all sorts of trouble at the bottom of league 2. Got Coventry away next week who still need a point to get a playoff place.

Barnet have already relegated Chesterfield at home. 1 point will be enough for Morecambe, unless Barnet win 7-0!

Edited by Tuna

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:53, isaidno said:

Lincoln need a point against Yeovil to guarantee a play off place. 

And they got it. Well done to the Cowley's what an unbelievable appointment that was.

Barnet and Martin Allen down, they did all they could but Morecambe got a draw at Coventry against all odds to stay up.

Morecambe and Coventry only needed a point each to stay up and secure a play-off place so a 0-0 draw it was.

I quite like Morecambe so am pleased to see them stay up.

MK Dons. lol

Very pleased for Wimbledon, made their way up to League One on a fair and sportive basis and are now in a better position than the plastic club that took their name and trophies.

Looking forward to the new Plough Lane ground!

Welcome to League One to Accrington, Luton and Wycombe!

Out of the remaining four, either Notts County or Lincoln for me.

Feel a bit sorry for Martin Allen, a 3-0 home win against Chesterfield wasn't enough to avoid relegation to the Conference, since Morecambe got that one point at Coventry.

Edited by MC Prussian

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Northampton have gone. I think Oldham will join them in a min. Rochdale have stayed up.

Oldham have been in League One for 21 years. Fairly sure that's the longest a team has been in a division currently without being promoted or relegated. I'm fairly sure Ipswich will now hold that record being in the championship since 2002.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Oldham have been in League One for 21 years. Fairly sure that's the longest a team has been in a division currently without being promoted or relegated. I'm fairly sure Ipswich will now hold that record being in the championship since 2002.

Yeah, I thought yesterday I can't remember seeing Oldham in the fourth tier. Sides like Rochdale and Bury seem to jump between tier 4 and 3 though.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:50, isaidno said:

Exeter in the play offs. The one team i didn't want. 

Yeah that'll be tough especially the away leg. Hope you do it though.