Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think Barnet will get beaten by a few today at Luton.

0-0 at h/t.

Alan Sheehan playing for Luton.

Edit: Finished 2-0 to Luton.

Edited by Tuna

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's not comfortable mentioning it for sure, but Coventry are doing well.

To be honest, I'm quite glad. I think they've had enough- it was funny until they reached League 2, but no club deserves those owners- not even them.

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Not sure why I don't have video for Notts at Chesterfield.

Based on the audio I do have for it, it sounds dreadful for us so far.

terrible. It's on Sky Sports.

Chesterfield all over you and Notts County can't string passes together to get any attacks going.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

terrible. It's on Sky Sports.

Chesterfield all over you and Notts County can't string passes together to get any attacks going.

I guess that's why iFollow isn't showing it. 

Hopefully Nolan can wake the lads up and we can still get something from this.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hate that when a player provokes something and then gets away with it.

and Thompson was on a booking. How did the officials miss his part in it? But somehow decided the keeper gets a booking yet I didn't see anything that warranted that punishment for him?

Just now, StanSP said:

and Thompson was on a booking. How did the officials miss his part in it? But somehow decided the keeper gets a booking yet I didn't see anything that warranted that punishment for him?

That's what I thought. When it kicks off like that, ref hasn't got a clue because he doesn't see it and just ends up repeatedly blowing his whistle lol 

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's what I thought. When it kicks off like that, ref hasn't got a clue because he doesn't see it and just ends up repeatedly blowing his whistle lol 

I always thought refs were told to step aside and just let the players sort it out while he assesses what happens. Referee today seemed inclined to get involved while blowing his whistle lol 

anyway, this game has won me quite a bit of money. At 2-0, saw Oxford getting carved open so put on the following in-play request a bet:

Portsmouth to win (?!), Pitman to score a brace and over 2.5 goals - somehow that was 8/1 lollol 

11 hours ago, isaidno said:

Grimsby looking over their shoulders now. Chesterfield still have 2 games in hand. 

I like both Grimsby and Chesterfield. Would rather them both stay up. 

Mind you, those two and then Port Vale all with the possibilty of relegation to the conference! Non league is full of former league clubs who can't get out - look at Orient, Tranmere, Stockport, Torquay, Halifax... list goes on. Obviously Grimsby only got out the other year.

I'd personally rather Forest Green go back down. Glad that Lincoln have, not only survived, but are pushing for a play off place. That said, I hope Mansfield can cement their top 6 place but can't see it now Evans has gone.

31 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Some big matches at the top and bottom of league 2 today. A chesterfield win would close things up at the bottom.

We're home to Wycombe today and at Accrington on Monday.

Need to find that early season form and get some results.