Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
martyn

as an extension from the 'crap players' and 'worst players' threads...

I was thinking about some players who aren't mentioned or recognised as valuable players from past eras.

I've come up with

Steve Thompson - for a long time in the early 90's the midfield revolved around his passing. A gem in an awful side.

Mark Draper - was a class above every Leicester player at the time he was in our midfield. Had a virtual monopoly on assists and being able to pass to own teammates.

Colin Gordon - Scored a stackload of goals for us in the early 90's, whatever happened to him?

Rob Ullathorne - Was tenacious, quick and a perfect addition to that very good MoN side. Shame he scuppered his top level career by mystifyingly signing for a div1 team.

Anyone else have any opinion on undervalued players from City's history?

I was thinking about some players who aren't mentioned or recognised as valuable players from past eras.

I've come up with

Steve Thompson - for a long time in the early 90's the midfield revolved around his passing. A gem in an awful side.

Mark Draper - was a class above every Leicester player at the time he was in our midfield. Had a virtual monopoly on assists and being able to pass to own teammates.

Colin Gordon - Scored a stackload of goals for us in the early 90's, whatever happened to him?

Rob Ullathorne - Was tenacious, quick and a perfect addition to that very good MoN side. Shame he scuppered his top level career by mystifyingly signing for a div1 team.

Anyone else have any opinion on undervalued players from City's history?

Mark Draper's modern day equivalent is Gareth Williams, in both cases you have players with an abundance of skills but lack the necessary commitment to make the most of those skills. Both were/are under achievers wasted talents.

Mark Draper's modern day equivalent is Gareth Williams, in both cases you have players with an abundance of skills but lack the necessary commitment to make the most of those skills. Both were/are under achievers wasted talents.

Mark Draper played well for us at first but as soon as other clubs took an interest in him for some reason he took his foot off the pedal,and Villa still paid a fortune for him :)

Gary McAllister. I thought he was excellent and his transfer to Leeds just about summed us up in the 80's. :( <_<

Oh i dunno i think anyone who was around at the time appreciated Gary's contribution to the club.

It's a shame we don't have anyone like him here at the minute.

He was a great player in a very ordinary David Pleat team.

Oh i dunno i think anyone who was around at the time appreciated Gary's contribution to the club.

It's a shame we don't have anyone like him here at the minute.

He was a great player in a very ordinary David Pleat team.

I meant more that he went to Leeds to realise his ambitions when it would have been so much better from a City fan point of view if he could have stayed at the Club to realise his ambitions. :D;):thumbup:

Have to agree with some of the names already mentioned, but I'd have to say Brian Deane too.

He was pivotal in the promotion campaign and belied his years.

Scott Taylor was awesome until his injury never the same after that,also don't know if anyone remembers Steve Moran who we signed from Southampton never got the respect from the fans that he deserved.Scored on his debut as well come to think of it

Have to agree with the Scott Taylor shout I was a big fan of his, never stopped running and was always driving forward.

Does anyone remember Paul Fitzpatrick? I could never understand why he was dropped. Scored some vital goals for us.

Steve Thompson (was written off to quickly in prem, bit slow v good passer)

Rob Ullathorne (very under rated)

Gary McAllister (CLASS)

Mark Draper (better than Williams!! so far)

Mick Gallaway (played well during his short spell on loan)

Kevin Campbell (also well on loan from Arsenal)

David Kelly (class)

definitely agree with the steve thompson shout!! I thought he was a fantastic player for us.

Mike whitlow and simon grayson - to great fullbacks who always gave 110%

I liked Whitlow, never rated Grayson saw him at the Blackburn cup game last year drinking in the "AWAY" pub he was a top bloke though

Are you sure. A stackload? A stackload??? :huh:

Greaves, Rush, Shearer, Colin Gordon....

Well he did get 5 league goals in 24 appearances

Colin Gordon (F) B: 17.01.1963 Nation: England Period: 1991-1993 League App/Goals: 24/5 - Courtesy of the Cunning Fox

Archived