Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

3 hours ago, iamafox said:

lol

If you're going to go at someone, at least put some menace behind it.  Schumacher/Coulthard springs to mind.  This was a load of handbags which could have been avoided by both.

I didn't watch it at the time but reading it back and then finally seeing it back today, it's hardly as bad as some are making it out to be from Ocon.  He puts his car out there, rightly or wrongly, it's irrelevant, Verstappen had far more to lose than to gain and should have left some room.  Hamilton put it perfectly as so in the debrief.

That's a couple of years experience vs. over ten years and it shows in this one incident and how in hindsight the situation should have been managed.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why are you on about this for? You're obsessed with Vettel

It's an example of racing etiquette.  A lack of it.  Vettel gets away with it.

Ocon makes a poor judgement call, as does Verstappen and Ocon is overly criticised for it.

Vettel threatens race stewards by driving at them and gets an insignificant fine.  And that's it.

The rules are not applied consistently. 

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOI2It_W3No

This incident was a disgrace from Vettel - should have been black flagged.  Far worse than this weekend's incident, despite how so called experts called it.

lollollol You'll be digging out his school reports from the archive next.

I think they handled this well to be honest. Vettel obviously didn't come out of it well and got the maximum in-race penalty. If Mercedes had put the headrest in properly Hamilton fans (you) would have been happy with the penalty because your favourite boy would have won and there would have been a clear points advantage. You can't upgrade the penalty just because your favourite boy didn't benefit enough from it.

For what it's worth, if you think Vettel should have been DQd what punishment would you have given to Perez in Singapore for deliberately crashing at racing speed?

There's a lot of talk about this Ocon thing being a conspiracy and I think there's a lot of value in that. He's a dick, firstly. He's a Mercedes driver. He doesn't have a seat next year. He was running 16th in the race. His childhood rival is about to win a GP, and he has a chance to stop it. I absolutely think that was deliberate. What does he have to lose? Mercedes love him even more for it so it's not going to affect his relationship with them.

Bear in mind Bottas is happy to be the fluffer at all times for Hamilton and get Mercedes to like him, don't think it's so crazy for Ocon to do whatever it takes to get Toto's approval too.

• Haha 1

I think that's a stretch. If he wanted to just take him out on a spur of the moment thing because he hates him he had two previous laps sat behind him to do it off his own back. He waited and then asked the team if he could unlap himself, probably motivated by their past tbh. But I imagined at the most he just wanted to overtake him as a reminder and be an annoyance. 

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

This thread used to be worth a read

Did it?

It looked a lot like a couple of posts a month which were essentially the main BBC F1 website headlines and you and two others saying 'Well done Lewis' and 'Ferrari are cheating'.

I assume you won't be following F1 when Hamilton retires anyway? I seem to remember you despising Jenson Button when he stole Lewis' thunder in 09 so I can't imagine you'll have any reason to watch when he's no longer the main boy.

Edited by Asha

22 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's an example of racing etiquette.  A lack of it.  Vettel gets away with it.

Ocon makes a poor judgement call, as does Verstappen and Ocon is overly criticised for it.

Vettel threatens race stewards by driving at them and gets an insignificant fine.  And that's it.

The rules are not applied consistently. 

Bit of a clutch at straws for the reasoning, but you got what you wanted in rattling Asha so fairplay, I assume Turkey is the next one to pull out the scrapbook 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Asha said:

Did it?

It looked a lot like a couple of posts a month which were essentially the main BBC F1 website headlines and you and two others saying 'Well done Lewis' and 'Ferrari are cheating'.

I assume you won't be following F1 when Hamilton retires anyway? I seem to remember you despising Jenson Button when he stole Lewis' thunder in 09 so I can't imagine you'll have any reason to watch when he's no longer the main boy.

This is all news to me, but as others have pointed out you are full of shit so no worries.

21 hours ago, Walkers said:

Booked tickets again for Silverstone next year, chose Village this time. Didn't realise that you could see from the Wellington straight all the way down to Copse when you're at Woodcote lol, will have to try that one at some point

I had an email from Silverstone today about events being on sale on black Friday so will wait till then and see if they're cheaper (doubtful but worth a shot).

9 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I had an email from Silverstone today about events being on sale on black Friday so will wait till then and see if they're cheaper (doubtful but worth a shot).

Would doubt that too, I only booked it this early as I had an email saying prices were going up on the 15th when they haven't, not where I've chosen to sit anyway

16 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Check this unreal crash from Formula 3. It’s a miracle that no one was killed. 

Was just coming on here to post this. Very lucky nobody off track was hit. Driver is only 17 and sounds like she's in a bad way with spinal injuries.