Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

lol the last 14 years seem to really be getting to you dear. Do you need reminding of Russia? I'm sure you don't.

Anybody suggesting that whoever won this season because they had the fastest car is deluded. From the best of my memory, with 3 different options,

Australia: Merc better car

Bahrain: Ferrari

China: Ferrari

Azerbaijan: Ferrari

Spain: Mercedes

Monaco: Ferrari (or Red bull really, but ahead of Mercedes nonetheless)

Canada: Ferrari

France: Mercedes

Austria Even

Britain: Even

Germany: Ferrari

Hungary: Actually quite hard to say but based off the practices, Ferrari)

Belgium: Ferrari

Italy: Even

Singapore: Mercedes

Russia: Mercedes

Japan: Mercedes

USA: Even

Thats Ferrari 7-5 Merc. Either way Bottas has too many weekends where you forget he's even racing, Azerbaijan was one of them until the SC and then he was unlucky not to win. Bahrain COULD have been different, And he'd have won in Russia if he was allowed lets be honest. Possibly even Germany. Rosberg though had weekends like Bottas had yesterday aswell, commonly at Monza and Malaysia one year where he was well behind Hamilton.

So yeah, about time Raikkonen won especially given he has a dominant car.

lol I cant even count, I think Thats 8-6 to Ferrari

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

lol the last 14 years seem to really be getting to you dear. Do you need reminding of Russia? I'm sure you don't.

Anybody suggesting that whoever won this season because they had the fastest car is deluded. From the best of my memory, with 3 different options,

Austria Even

Thats Ferrari 7-5 Merc. Either way Bottas has too many weekends where you forget he's even racing, Azerbaijan was one of them until the SC and then he was unlucky not to win. Bahrain COULD have been different, And he'd have won in Russia if he was allowed lets be honest. Possibly even Germany. Rosberg though had weekends like Bottas had yesterday aswell, commonly at Monza and Malaysia one year where he was well behind Hamilton.

Honestly think you're wasting your time replying to that pair of embittered assclowns.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Walkers said:

Austria Even

lol This post must have taken you ages. As if you did all that research and typed all that out.

Anyway, looking forward to next season as this one's over now, it's going to be seriously interesting to see how it shakes out at Ferrari.

You'd expect a couple of years of Vettel as number 1 and Leclerc growing into the long-term championship contender, but what if he starts beating Vettel early on? Could be interesting. Vettel needs to get his head together Rosberg-style over the winter and cut out the mistakes next year, otherwise he's going to be under REAL pressure.

On 22/10/2018 at 16:13, Asha said:

Absolute nonsense yeah. Anyone could win the championship in that car. And apart from perhaps in the Ferrari, Lewis couldn't have won the championship in any other car, so how is he winning the championship DESPITE them?

Think you may have missed my point. No doubt the Mercedes car is the best, but their strategist gets pit stops wrong with alarming regularity, hence my original comment. Perhaps I should have said Lewis is winning despite the Mercedes teams best efforts to gift the championship to someone else - or so it would appear, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Think you may have missed my point. No doubt the Mercedes car is the best, but their strategist gets pit stops wrong with alarming regularity, hence my original comment. Perhaps I should have said Lewis is winning despite the Mercedes teams best efforts to gift the championship to someone else - or so it would appear, in my opinion.

Ah okay, but even with that in mind, Ferrari's strategies have been MUCH worse, haven't they?

On 23/10/2018 at 14:48, Asha said:

Anyway, looking forward to next season as this one's over now, it's going to be seriously interesting to see how it shakes out at Ferrari.

You'd expect a couple of years of Vettel as number 1 and Leclerc growing into the long-term championship contender, but what if he starts beating Vettel early on? Could be interesting. Vettel needs to get his head together Rosberg-style over the winter and cut out the mistakes next year, otherwise he's going to be under REAL pressure.

I’ve got a hunch that Vettel will struggle against Leclerc in similar vain to his last season at Red Bull where Ricciardo embarrassed him. 

Most probably disagree, but I don’t think Vettel is all that despite his four championships. He is amazing when leading from the front, but I think he gets exposed these days when he has to pass on track to win. As we’ve seen at Monza, Suzuka, USA, he seems to panic. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of many races in which he has truly smashed it like he did at Brazil (2012 I think?) to win the title. 

Leclerc has shown this year that he has serious pace. Russia for instance was quality. I think he will shine at Ferrari and Vettel may struggle unless he sorts himself out as you say. I mainly hope that Red Bull and Max get in the championship mix. He’s by a distance the best thing about F1 at the moment. 

I think Leclerc is going to be matching Vettel from the start. He's been so impressive to watch in the last couple of years. In F2, he looked like a man vs a group of boys, despite being one of the youngest drivers on the grid. This year, after a couple of messy races, he has really shone and along with Alonso and Hulkenberg, he's been the class of the midfield. It's his race craft that has really impressed me, it's hard to belive he's a 21 year old rookie.

Dont like Hamilton but he has to be on in the top 5 all time F1 drivers, or least top 10.

If he dropped his holier than thou attitude of claiming to go vegan to save the planet whilst simultaneously racking up his carbon footprint (and many other examples), he might actually be likeable to the public.

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

Dont like Hamilton but he has to be on in the top 5 all time F1 drivers, or least top 10.

If he dropped his holier than thou attitude of claiming to go vegan to save the planet whilst simultaneously racking up his carbon footprint (and many other examples), he might actually be likeable to the public.

:dunno:...he's a racing driver..!

This one piece of public...couldn't give a sht,on his microphone up his nose personna!!