Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

I could cope if the manager was saying that we need to up the tempo but he is on the club website saying we played a good match. Geoff has reported he told the players the first half was 'perfect'. Until this I had hope but these two things make our clear we need a new manager who will continue down a similar possession based path but do it with a bit of oomph and attacking verve. 

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I could cope if the manager was saying that we need to up the tempo but he is on the club website saying we played a good match. Geoff has reported he told the players the first half was 'perfect'. Until this I had hope but these two things make our clear we need a new manager who will continue down a similar possession based path but do it with a bit of oomph and attacking verve. 

Or some players who arent whiny little snidy bitches

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Or some players who arent whiny little snidy bitches

Maybe they are but the manager genuinely believes that we played really well. It's in the lcfc website. Makes no odds of the players are whiny or not if the manager's clueless.

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

Maybe they are but the manager genuinely believes that we played really well. It's in the lcfc website. Makes no odds of the players are whiny or not if the manager's clueless.

I said it before, but that phrase depends on how he meant it. He could have been merely encouraging them to continue playing a passing game and believe in it instead of resorting to hoofing

And in the comments on the website he says we were "ok".  I infer from those comments that its very much a work in progress and he was trying something new. 

And i think it says more about the players that instead of taking responsibility they come out and talk shit about a colleague to a journalist

If true, then they faced a bit of booing and chose to distance themself from the manager in public cos they didnt like getting booed

And if it is Hamer, as suggested, I remember watching him against Man City in the cup and bottling distribution at every opportunity to break.  I remember Mahrez bottling another penalty and generally letting the team down this season. Wes has lost us points recently failing the basics. As has Chilwell. 

Nothing to do with tactics, mamy of this season's failings are down to the players and I resent one of them trying to blame Puel in public

At this point I welcome a manager that is against these kind of players and welcome a transfer window that will make them have to work to get into a new look team

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, toddybad said:

Aye he’s gonna come out on the official website and slag em off

Just rewatched the game . We played very good football . Just the final ball . Looking forward to next season with new players a new positive style . There are some miserable whinging short sighted people on here. Was a very good nil nil . And some very promising displays. Nacho gray Albrighton drago . Progress indeed ?

Edited by waylander
  • Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 09:04, Daggers said:

Truly staggering that a team safely tucked up in a mid-table position, with nothing to play for, doesn’t play. I’m pretty sure this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of football; I’m behind all of these people demanding we change a manager because this should never happen again. It would have been so much better if we had been battling relegation for the entire campaign so, clearly, yet another manager has to go.

I can’t begin to imagine what goes through the heads of players who hope to pass a transfer medical in the summer, out there playing like “ooer, I hope I don’t get injured or anything”. Has any other team ever played like their heads were on holiday? I very much doubt it. This is Puel’s fault entirely.

I’m surprised at the muted response. We should be organising demonstrations in the car park and refusing to accept any further free items (bar beer) until the situation is resolved to all of our satisfaction. Finding someone that makes everybody happy might be tough but we can do it if we actually try. I think we should get Paul Ince in.

People are morons.

That’s your view, there is no need to be nasty to people that have different views 

Why are we tucked up in mid table? because of shocking inept woeful performances (maybe the players but constant swapping of formation and players does not help) that have returned 4 wins in the last 17 and one of those was daylight robbery at Brighton!

All teams below us have lost time and time again and we are only just now starting to slip and I don’t believe we will win again this season and will finish 12th and at £1.8m a place that’s a lot of money.  

Our cup chances blown due to team selection and since we lost to Burnley they have lost and currently losing to Stoke

I am not a fan of changing for changing sake, the club need to decide do we want this painful crab like football for another season, yes they may not be his players but you play to strengths and utilise your expensive assests Which is the same in whatever job you do; or do we say thanks for everything and start again, only the directors and CEO can decide that we can only have opinions and everyone will be different 

Edited by Mark - Reading
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

We don’t get picked for prime time global games (weekends 1715 and 1600) which is £10m a game and global exposure because we are so boring 

Bollocks. Take Saturday teatime kickoffs - they've been these games this season:

Pre Puel:
Brighton v Man City
Stoke v Arsenal
Man Utd v Leicester
Stoke v Man Utd
Tottenham v Swansea
Leicester v Liverpool
Chelsea v Man City
Watford v Arsenal
Southampton v West Brom

Puel:

Bournemouth v Chelsea

West Ham v Liverpool
Man Utd v Newcastle
Liverpool v Chelsea
Arsenal v Man Utd
Newcastle v Leicester
Man City v Tottenham
Burnley v Tottenham
Man Utd v Southampton
Tottenham v Everton
Man City v Newcastle
Arsenal v Everton
Man City v Leicester
Watford v Everton
Liverpool v Newcastle
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Liverpool v Watford
Everton v Man City
Man City v Man Utd
Tottenham v Man City

Coming up:
Swansea v Chelsea
Everton v Southampton

notice a trend? Notice how there'll only have been four games on Saturday evening all season that didn't feature one of the big six? We're not getting picked for them at the moment not because were boring but because we're not playing any of the biggest sides.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Bollocks. Take Saturday teatime kickoffs - they've been these games this season:

Pre Puel:
Brighton v Man City
Stoke v Arsenal
Man Utd v Leicester
Stoke v Man Utd
Tottenham v Swansea
Leicester v Liverpool
Chelsea v Man City
Watford v Arsenal
Southampton v West Brom

Puel:

Bournemouth v Chelsea

West Ham v Liverpool
Man Utd v Newcastle
Liverpool v Chelsea
Arsenal v Man Utd
Newcastle v Leicester
Man City v Tottenham
Burnley v Tottenham
Man Utd v Southampton
Tottenham v Everton
Man City v Newcastle
Arsenal v Everton
Man City v Leicester
Watford v Everton
Liverpool v Newcastle
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Liverpool v Watford
Everton v Man City
Man City v Man Utd
Tottenham v Man City

Coming up:
Swansea v Chelsea
Everton v Southampton

notice a trend? Notice how there'll only have been four games on Saturday evening all season that didn't feature one of the big six? We're not getting picked for them at the moment not because were boring but because we're not playing any of the biggest sides.

Look how many times the Manchester teams appear! U don’t realise it until you see it in a list

doesnt mean we ain’t boring though haha

On 22/04/2018 at 14:09, Mark - Reading said:

That’s your view, there is no need to be nasty to people that have different views 

It is my view, there’s no need to get all offended over something that clearly isn’t that offensive.

I’m simply pointing out that the Dunning–Kruger is in full effect.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

It is my view, there’s no need to get all offended over something that clearly isn’t that offensive.

I’m simply pointing out that the Dunning–Kruger is in full effect.

Oh don’t miss understand me I didn’t get offended I just thought it was a tad nasty because his view was different 

My brother witnessed after the Southampton match two Leicester fans pushing and shoving because one shouted abuse in the direction of Claude 

we will all have differing views and that’s why we all love talking football but together we must come together to get behind the team because it’s flat enough on the pitch without us all falling out with each other