Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

16 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

At this point I’m fully comfortable blaming players. How many chances can we miss? How many times can we be offsides? How many poor crosses can we put in?

Puel really couldn't have played a more attacking side either.

I don't think firing the guy is wise yet. But he is obviously disillusioned and believes the dull performances we put out are OK as long as he's says the we are developing. 

I know guys that travel for hours to get here, surely we can entertain and look interested whilst developing?

As fans the only way of letting him know that whet we see isn't cutting it is to tell him from the terraces.

He need to go away in the summer knowing that this isn't good enough by a long way.

33 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That appears to be the case.

It's sad Geoff, that you let your friendship with certain people and dislike of others including Puel colour your reports. 

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I would interpret it as some of them being very stubborn and one dimensional before I’d say it’s strictly managerial failure. 

Why change a team that had success, to me shows how one dimensional Puel, if he had any senses he let them play to their best style maybe now we'd be in comfortable position with Europa place but in the end we not much further than we were in 2014 15 when we finished 14th with 41 points with a piss poor squad compared to the one we have today 

42 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Who is the snitch on the dressing room? lol

Did the speech effect them so much they couldn't play in the second half or what. 

This club is super annoying. Why cant things just be nice without player vs manager drama.

16 hours ago, Beechey said:

Erm, everyone is convinced our season is over, why not bleed the academy players?

Still over £2m a place to play for.

Choudhury and Barnes got on albeit for about a minute.

Diabate was signed as a squad player/ development player and got some game time.

Gray, Chilwell, Ndidi and Iheanacho all started and all about 21.

Dragovic given a chance to partner Maguire.

Silva needs a chance to get more game time and form a partnership with Ndidi.

Albrighton given a chance to make that attacking right back place his own.

End of an era with Morgan and Simpson being dropped.

I think last night was a good learning experiment for lots of reasons. You can't just give academy players game time for the sake of it, they should be knocking on the door.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's sad Geoff, that you let your friendship with certain people and dislike of others including Puel colour your reports. 

If that information is the truth, and you don’t know that it isn’t, what are you on about.

If you know something we don’t then ‘spit it out’

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

2 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

When Simpson and Morgan were warming up last night there’s was boos made in sections of the family stand,

to which player if not both I’m not sure,

does anyone know why they were booed,

have I missed something???

I sit in the family stand, the only thing I heard was the 'Fuuuuchs' chant who was warming up at the same time as Morgan and Simpson. Certainly no boos.

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

Friendship with certain people? You've lost me, please explain so I can try and understand.

Dislike of others including Puel? I don't dislike him and I'm not suggesting he's fired. I'm not keen on how we're playing and there's clearly an issue of sorts in the dressing room. Is it not wrong to express concerns?

• Like 1

Most of us have probably worked for bosses/managers that command respect and gratitude and make us want to work hard and impress them. Likewise there are others who do not - for whatever reason - and we therefore lack the same motivation to impress them.

I would imagine this is the case with several of our players and Puel. It's not a mutiny, or player power, it's just a natural human reaction when the chemistry is not there.

i don't get the impression that Puel is a 'man-manager'. He's certainly not a communicator (not in English anyway) and doesn't come across as inspirational either.

So, what has he got that persuades many on here to want to "give him time"?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Crikey.

How can it possibly be "perfect" if it's 0-0?

Sounds to me like he was pleased with their efforts to pass it around, didnt want them to become disillusioned with his method just because it was 0-0, and encouraged them to believe in his method and do more of the same instead of resorting to hoofing it

And the players that are bitching had all the opportunity they could have wanted to play the old way under Shakespeare. It didnt work and it wont work, so they need to shut up, follow the manager and accept their fate

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Why change a team that had success, to me shows how one dimensional Puel, if he had any senses he let them play to their best style maybe now we'd be in comfortable position with Europa place but in the end we not much further than we were in 2014 15 when we finished 14th with 41 points with a piss poor squad compared to the one we have today 

We weren’t having success, though - at least with our play prior to his arrival. His first major change, beyond Chilwell and Gray, was after the Mahrez debacle. We had to evolve at some point, anyways.

Should Morgan have gone back in right away? Tough call. He played a very positive lineup yesterday, and it’s clear where we’re headed. 

That was my first taste of Puel live. Possibly the shittest, sloppiest second half of football I've seen for some time. Aside from the Vardy chance and a bit of pressure in the final 10 mins it was painful to watch.

Probably the most worrying part was listening to his post match interview with Stringer on the way home. He spoke in monotone for about 5 minutes about how good a performance it was. I get he may not want to openly criticise and also he sees it as a work in progress but he came across like he wanted more of the same, the only change being a bit more clinical in front of goal. It's a cliché but it really did sound like he was watching a different game to everyone else and that's quite worrying.