Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Longest Walk / Hike

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I walked 62.6m/100km in just over 24 hours to raise money for my cousin who has CF and needed a physio vest.

Manchester - Sheffield trans pennies

Wow that’s impressive I thought I had done well with my 8.5 miles earlier!

we stupidly walked most of honister pass all the way from buttermere (walked around buttermere) then through to the next village. For anyone wondering how steep honister pass it, a group of what looked like all the gear type of cyclists.. well two of them fell of as it was that steep! roughly 12 miles but extremely up and down terrain 

Wonderful scenery mind 

28 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wow that’s impressive I thought I had done well with my 8.5 miles earlier!

Was one of the most challenging things I'd done ever at that point... 

The night walking was vile. 

On 30/03/2021 at 23:12, The Syrup said:

Reviving an old topic but seems like the best place to put it. Started doing the Leicestershire Round in the last week. A 100 mile circuit of Leicestershire for those who don't know.

lfa-round-map.jpg

https://ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Leicestershire+Round for a detailed map.

Started in Frisby (as I live in Melton), and working anti-clockwise.. First leg Frisby to Mountsorrel, second leg Mountsorrel to Markfield. One leg a week hopefully, averaged 30k steps a leg if my phone is to be believed. Something local to keep me busy, plus most legs can be planned between bus routes at the start and end to get home.

Second leg done today, Bradgate Park was well busy today, as was the golf course you have to cross between Woodhouse Eaves and Bradgate Park.

Me and a mate are starting our attempt this week,  waited for the pubs to be open.  Though we doing it clockwise,  starting from Burbage,  any tips?

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Was one of the most challenging things I'd done ever at that point... 

The night walking was vile. 

Good effort. I did the Keswick to Barrow walk which was 40 miles and was in absolute bits. 

31 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Me and a mate are starting our attempt this week,  waited for the pubs to be open.  Though we doing it clockwise,  starting from Burbage,  any tips?

That's quite a pub crawl. The route is marked on the waymarker posts so it's not difficult to navigate. I'm not particularly fit but am coping with 10 mile average legs. Did Markfield to Market Bosworth last week which was mostly open fields. Bosworth to Burbage this week. Plenty of country pubs on the route.

33 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

That's quite a pub crawl. The route is marked on the waymarker posts so it's not difficult to navigate. I'm not particularly fit but am coping with 10 mile average legs. Did Markfield to Market Bosworth last week which was mostly open fields. Bosworth to Burbage this week. Plenty of country pubs on the route.

We're planning on 8-12 miles a day,  like you not particulalrly fit, limited to just walking and golf for exercise these days.    If you're walking Thursday,  say hello on the way past.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robo61 said:

4 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Don't rely on the cafe or pubs being open in Foxton (I know it's slighly off-route but it ordinarily makes for a good refreshment spot) Last I heard they were shutting permanently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 13:57, Buce said:

Don't rely on the cafe or pubs being open in Foxton (I know it's slighly off-route but it ordinarily makes for a good refreshment spot) Last I heard they were shutting permanently.

My walk on the Leicestershire Round took me past Foxton today. The pub and cafes at Foxton locks were open, busy as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone into walking/hiking should download Komoot. Very good app. You can put in any location and set how far you want to walk and it comes up with all the walks in that area. You can then save them for offline use and whilst walking it provides directions. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone into walking/hiking should download Komoot. Very good app. You can put in any location and set how far you want to walk and it comes up with all the walks in that area. You can then save them for offline use and whilst walking it provides directions. 

Havn't seen that one before, nice one.

You ever used https://citystrides.com/ ?  Bit different, but it made me do some urban exploring to try and fill in some blanks.

59 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Havn't seen that one before, nice one.

You ever used https://citystrides.com/ ?  Bit different, but it made me do some urban exploring to try and fill in some blanks.

Not seen that will have a look. Komoot is great I think it was £20 which gives you worldwide access. Sometimes we just choose a random place not too far away and do a random walk.