Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Players hiding?!!

On 02/06/2018 at 17:50, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Our beloved Claudio disbanded the majority of the sports science team that NP put together. That's as far as it goes.

Yup and the sports psychologist team as well. Never underestimate the power of a solid mind.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because its currently unsubstantiated at best, completely fabricated at worst. Remember all the people who didn't like Pearson trying to make out he was an ogre, having fall outs and bust ups constantly?

I remember that some of that WAS substantiated. Matt Mills for instance..completely open about how Pearson treated him. And Knockeart of course. It was pretty clear he wanted away from the club rather than sign another contract.

I think it was clear Pearson had his favourites wasn’t it? It was his way or the highway.

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remember that some of that WAS substantiated. Matt Mills for instance..completely open about how Pearson treated him. And Knockeart of course. It was pretty clear he wanted away from the club rather than sign another contract.

I think it was clear Pearson had his favourites wasn’t it? It was his way or the highway.

Mills said he had no bust ups with Pearson, and as far as I'm aware neither has Knockaert.... and there by you have completely proved my point. Just because a manager doesn't fancy a player, doesn't instantly mean there is a "bust up", or a "fight" or an "argument". If a manager doesn't like a player and a player then wants to leave to get first team football, why is that a worry? Every single team in the world faces that issue. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

telling you now, football's lance armstrong moment is coming, you've got your head in the sand if you think everyone's clean

We already have money in our game to moan about, plus refs and offside decisions. Trying to find something else to bitch about and trying to find a way of bringing down football makes you just like all the media in this country. If there was a drug problem in football like other sports do you really think a club that had no chance of winning the league plus doing well in the champions league would have got away with it. So we payed of all of the FA and UEFA. 

Induviduals from all clubs at all levels may try stuff I’m not denying that but to make out like it’s some sort of organised dopeing is amazing and laughable 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

We already have money in our game to moan about, plus refs and offside decisions. Trying to find something else to bitch about and trying to find a way of bringing down football makes you just like all the media in this country. If there was a drug problem in football like other sports do you really think a club that had no chance of winning the league plus doing well in the champions league would have got away with it. So we payed of all of the FA and UEFA. 

Induviduals from all clubs at all levels may try stuff I’m not denying that but to make out like it’s some sort of organised dopeing is amazing and laughable 

I don't think we gained an advantage, all the elite clubs are doing it we just found a way to join them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because its currently unsubstantiated at best, completely fabricated at worst. Remember all the people who didn't like Pearson trying to make out he was an ogre, having fall outs and bust ups constantly?

There is no paper trail or signed affidavits.

I was told weeks and weeks ago Kasper and Puel had a bust up and was fit to play but wasn’t selected.

Not sure what my comments have to do with Pearson and what other people said about him three or four years ago either?

Not that I’m taking Kasper’s side; he’s an arrogant arse.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Mills said he had no bust ups with Pearson, and as far as I'm aware neither has Knockaert.... and there by you have completely proved my point. Just because a manager doesn't fancy a player, doesn't instantly mean there is a "bust up", or a "fight" or an "argument". If a manager doesn't like a player and a player then wants to leave to get first team football, why is that a worry? Every single team in the world faces that issue. 

Mills was on the radio Leicester saying that Pearson completely dismissed him. Wouldn’t talk to him, dropped him very quickly etc. I remember it well.

And as I said, Knockeart couldn’t get out quickly enough. I’m pretty sure I remember him ‘reportedly’ throwing his toys out on more than one occasion?

This was how Pearson did things I believe? I’m not saying it didn’t work,..it did.

Edited by Col city fan

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't think we gained an advantage, all the elite clubs are doing it we just found a way to join them.

So we found a way to join them and now are just forgetting it like it never happened, or was it Ranieri the drug mule. Or have the the elite clubs now found a bigger better secret drug. When players leave do they stop taking the drugs? When they play for there country are they all on the same drug or swapping drugs. When we sign better elite players will they bring elite drugs.complete joke

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

So we found a way to join them and now are just forgetting it like it never happened, or was it Ranieri the drug mule. Or have the the elite clubs now found a bigger better secret drug. When players leave do they stop taking the drugs? When they play for there country are they all on the same drug or swapping drugs. When we sign better elite players will they bring elite drugs.complete joke

mate, you think it's normal that a player like buffon can still chuck himself around like a 20 year old when he's 40 odd? They're all juiced up mate, your head is in the sand

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Knocky gave a french interview that suggested leicester was a stepping stone.  Np dropped him.. perhaps rightly.  (Though he could have told him to learn from it and not diss the club again... )

Knocky did start a game in the jan and was mom. . But he never started again and was sent to Belgium.  Truth was pearson did run a tight ship.... his my way or high way message was clear and while his way was right it was a benefit to the club. ..  no one thinks we should have kept that striker from leeds for example

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Nobody seems to be concerned about this?

This concerns me, no doubt. I’m not referring to ‘injuries’ but there are definitely reports (again) that some of the players weren’t too chuffed with our tactical set up.

The day players and their ego's pick tactics is the day it starts going down the pan. There can only be one boss. They've done this before and were found wanting. If Schmeichel was one of them he wants to concentrate on getting his own job right before sticking his oar in. How old is he now? And still can't command his area, collect crosses or consistently distribute the ball. He's not as good as his ego tells him he is. Time for a clear out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Mills was on the radio Leicester saying that Pearson completely dismissed him. Wouldn’t talk to him, dropped him very quickly etc. I remember it well.

And as I said, Knockeart couldn’t get out quickly enough. I’m pretty sure I remember him ‘reportedly’ throwing his toys out on more than one occasion?

This was how Pearson did things I believe? I’m not saying it didn’t work,..it did.

Pearson was spot on about Mills. Wasn’t part of his plans, didn’t rate him either as a player or a positive enough influence to keep around the squad so got rid. Mills’ career trajectory since backs up Nigel’s approach. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Pearson was spot on about Mills. Wasn’t part of his plans, didn’t rate him either as a player or a positive enough influence to keep around the squad so got rid. Mills’ career trajectory since backs up Nigel’s approach. 

I’m not saying it doesn’t (I said I agreed with Pearson). The point I was making was, as far as I heard it. Pearson DID oust a number of players, as most managers do, to be fair.

My concern is this....that Puel won’t be strong enough to do what he wants (needs) to do with this bunch of players. I’ve made it clear what I think we should have done....certainly break up this apparent clique, BUT with a strong enough character to do it, I’m hoping Puel is tough enough to do this, but I have my reservations.

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Knocky gave a french interview that suggested leicester was a stepping stone.  Np dropped him.. perhaps rightly.  (Though he could have told him to learn from it and not diss the club again... )

Knocky did start a game in the jan and was mom. . But he never started again and was sent to Belgium.  Truth was pearson did run a tight ship.... his my way or high way message was clear and while his way was right it was a benefit to the club. ..  no one thinks we should have kept that striker from leeds for example

And? You miss the point, even if those things happened, it doesn't mean there was a fight or bust up as those who didn't like Pearson attempted to portray. 

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t (I said I agreed with Pearson). The point I was making was, as far as I heard it. Pearson DID oust a number of players, as most managers do, to be fair.

My concern is this....that Puel won’t be strong enough to do what he wants (needs) to do with this bunch of players. I’ve made it clear what I think we should have done....certainly break up this apparent clique, BUT with a strong enough character to do it, I’m hoping Puel is tough enough to do this, but I have my reservations.

I think as he gets his own men in he’ll feel more able to drop players who maybe are on their way down. Simmo will be the first. If you look at last season, the fact he loaned out mr Leicester andy king and got rid of big time players who he felt weren’t right for his style - Slimmo and Ulloa, shows he can be tough. He tried to encourage youth and had some success with Chilly and less so with Gray. Probably the main bone of contention last season was his faith in our Captain Wes over dragovic. Whilst many on here disagreed, it’s not an entirely unreasonable decision to make for Puel to pick him and nothing to do with a clique. The other one - Kasper despite his errors, was and is still clearly our best keeper, no clique.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

You are missing the point, People on here attempted to make out that Pearson had physical altercations or fights with people in an attempt to discredit a manager they didn't like.

9 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I was told weeks and weeks ago Kasper and Puel had a bust up and was fit to play but wasn’t selected.

Not sure what my comments have to do with Pearson and what other people said about him three or four years ago either?

Told by whom? More people who don't like Puel no doubt.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You are missing the point, People on here attempted to make out that Pearson had physical altercations or fights with people in an attempt to discredit a manager they didn't like.

Yes, we are clearly all missing the point (again). 

:thumbup:

Anyway, duty calls. Have a good un.

9 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What has Kasper done to be called an arrogant arse?

9 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

What has Kasper done to be called an arrogant arse?

He's been succesful while here, that's what he's done. He seems proud, which can be interpreted as arrogant by some. He's always been the first to acknowledge and praise his teammates, coaches and supporters whenever I have heard him speak 

• Like 1