Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Players hiding?!!

Why did we have so many injuries and players not performing in the season just gone? Only just two seasons ago when we were riding high and top of the EPL everyone wanted to play and the headache for the manager was who to select in an attempt to keep everyone happy. How times have changed with players picking up all sorts of knocks or was there a bit of "saving" themselves for the World Cup tournament?

I have a unsupported belief that unhappy players are more likely to pick up knocks. But it's more likely that in 15/16 we were either lucky with injuries or our training regieme better prevented it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why did we have so many injuries and players not performing in the season just gone? Only just two seasons ago when we were riding high and top of the EPL everyone wanted to play and the headache for the manager was who to select in an attempt to keep everyone happy. How times have changed with players picking up all sorts of knocks or was there a bit of "saving" themselves for the World Cup tournament?

When players feel niggles and things are going great and confidence is high, they tend to play on, as don’t want to lose their form/ place, and they enjoy playing.

When things go bad, confidence is low, ground moaning at mistakes, defeats, these same niggles they probably would play on with, when in form, gives them a chance to hide, easy out, it’s just a footballers mentality.

This is just my opinion, but I think a few stitch up puel with their lack of effort and performance, and now he’s staying, a few will be ****ed off, or relegated to bit part players, and I’m glad, players have to much power nowadays, but it’s seems to be even more so the last few seasons here, glad the owners listened to the manager not the players this time.

• Like 2

......strength and conditioning team was in place!!

I agree that when things are going well players tend to ignore niggles to stay in the team. It is human nature to want to be part of a success, unfortunately the lack of understanding and direction lead to a team which lacked confidence in its self and where it was going.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I have a unsupported belief that unhappy players are more likely to pick up knocks. But it's more likely that in 15/16 we were either lucky with injuries or our training regieme better prevented it.

Maybe more a case of happy players will willingly play through knocks to ensure they stay in the team?

It’s world cup year funny how Kasper couldn’t get fit for the last few games but is fit for the World Cup . If they have a slight injury there not going to play through it like they perhaps normally would  and have the chance of aggravating it and miss the World Cup 

On 03/06/2018 at 09:08, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kasper was ‘fit’ to play but had a bust up with Puel.

A lot of the players don’t appear to be keen on Puel, hence the lack of interest in playing towards the end of the season and an increase in the number of ‘injuries’ is the way I read it.  

lol

• Like 3

On 03/06/2018 at 09:08, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kasper was ‘fit’ to play but had a bust up with Puel.

A lot of the players don’t appear to be keen on Puel, hence the lack of interest in playing towards the end of the season and an increase in the number of ‘injuries’ is the way I read it.  

Nobody seems to be concerned about this?

This concerns me, no doubt. I’m not referring to ‘injuries’ but there are definitely reports (again) that some of the players weren’t too chuffed with our tactical set up.

Edited by Col city fan

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This concerns me, no doubt. I’m not referring to ‘injuries’ but there are definitely reports (again) that some of the players weren’t too chuffed with our tactical set up.

If it means we end up working out which players dont like being asked to play football then that seems like a bonus to me.

• Like 3

We had injuries that season - players just played through them to not miss it. How long did Vardy have the wrist support?

Also lol @ NotTheMarketLeaders post. Dislikes Puel so all info is conveniently anti-Puel even when it runs contrary to all other reports...

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not only the players.... i refused to sit thru the parade

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

.... if puel is a leader he needs to address this head on.  If he is to lead then those who are not with him are against him and he must exile them. ...

I expect they will muddle on like a bad marriage 

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Because its currently unsubstantiated at best, completely fabricated at worst. Remember all the people who didn't like Pearson trying to make out he was an ogre, having fall outs and bust ups constantly?