Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spextacular

Season tickets

2 hours ago, baker11 said:

In all honesty I am not sure on the exact details.

I was told that "the club said 8 home games last season did not actually sell out". This info was broadcast at a 'Your 90 minutes meeting' on memberships and ticketing which indecently was pathetic by all accounts.

I don’t really know what goes on at these ‘90 minutes meetings’ and I’m not sure I want to. ?

Only one day left for people to buy their season tickets, and there are still literally hundreds of spaces still available.  Either people are leaving it to the last minute, or people entered the ballot but aren't buying a ticket.

If I'd been unsuccessful in the ballot, I'd definitely be on the phone to LCFC now about getting a season ticket.

4 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Only one day left for people to buy their season tickets, and there are still literally hundreds of spaces still available.  Either people are leaving it to the last minute, or people entered the ballot but aren't buying a ticket.

If I'd been unsuccessful in the ballot, I'd definitely be on the phone to LCFC now about getting a season ticket.

You can only have a certain % of the ground as season tickets. All the empty seats wont be taken up by new season tickets.

7 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

You can only have a certain % of the ground as season tickets. All the empty seats wont be taken up by new season tickets.

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong then.  But when I go into the "buy new season ticket" section, it's displaying available seats. 

22 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

But what happens if the successful members don't buy them?

Apparently all the tickets showing are not for sale. It just shows the choice of seats. Then the remainder will be sold match by match.

I'm wondering if I should have chosen different seats now, we've got a couple near a Vomatory - basically one of the exits which is on the ground floor, it's about 3 seats away from the aisle and the vomatory and in line with the top of it - doesn't say they are restricted seats but I'm wondering if it will be in the way.

5 minutes ago, smr said:

I'm wondering if I should have chosen different seats now, we've got a couple near a Vomatory - basically one of the exits which is on the ground floor, it's about 3 seats away from the aisle and the vomatory and in line with the top of it - doesn't say they are restricted seats but I'm wondering if it will be in the way.

what actually is a vomatory, I've often wondered.  

21 minutes ago, smr said:

There is generally no problem with them at all. I sit near one and some of the seats on the row are classed as restricted or very restricted. Even the restricted ones are not bad. You may have to move your head a little for the aisle barriers, but they are not solid barriers anyway. 

Was your seat marked as restricted in any way? If not there should be no issues at all. 

If it’s possible for you to get to the ground during opening times they will let you sit in your seat as well. I guess there is nothing worse than getting a ST and then worrying for the next 2 months!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong then.  But when I go into the "buy new season ticket" section, it's displaying available seats. 

Yeah I can do that too. I keep checking to make sure the 2 next to me arent taken as I am getting my girls memberships this year and want to get tickets each game for them.

In effect, every seat currently untaken is available to buy as a season ticket, until the threshold is hit. But there are about 3,000 or so seats. The majority will just be available on a game by game basis.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

There is generally no problem with them at all. I sit near one and some of the seats on the row are classed as restricted or very restricted. Even the restricted ones are not bad. You may have to move your head a little for the aisle barriers, but they are not solid barriers anyway. 

Was your seat marked as restricted in any way? If not there should be no issues at all. 

If it’s possible for you to get to the ground during opening times they will let you sit in your seat as well. I guess there is nothing worse than getting a ST and then worrying for the next 2 months!

Ok thanks for that. No it didn't say restricted seats or anything like that on any of the seats nearby. I didn't realise they'd let you in to sit on your seat if you asked. Do you mean opening times as in today, anytime the club shops open ?

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Yeah, so you can pick those but that doesn't mean all of them will be occupied by STs by the time the new season comes around. 6000 (ish) matchday tickets are sold so there will be 6000 seats not occupied by STs

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Comes from a latin word which means "to exit" I believe. 

Scholars maintain the real translation was lost hundreds of years ago, but i've heard that it translates to 'a whales vag*na'

2 hours ago, smr said:

Ok thanks for that. No it didn't say restricted seats or anything like that on any of the seats nearby. I didn't realise they'd let you in to sit on your seat if you asked. Do you mean opening times as in today, anytime the club shops open ?

It sounds fine then. ?

Yes when the club shop is open. I’ve moved seats in the relocation period before and they’ve taken me into the stadium and I know other people that have done the same. Certainly worth a try and you’ll know for sure then. 

Edited by Drew Peacock

I ****ing missed the fact that there was even a ballot. Didn't get an email letting me know there was one. The club could have at least sent an email out to members with x number of points. I have been checking the website for Membership renewals but it didn't occur to me to check for season tickets. Was there an announcement? Didn't see one in my inbox or on social media.

40 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I ****ing missed the fact that there was even a ballot. Didn't get an email letting me know there was one. The club could have at least sent an email out to members with x number of points. I have been checking the website for Membership renewals but it didn't occur to me to check for season tickets. Was there an announcement? Didn't see one in my inbox or on social media.

How many points did you have?