Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

France v Belgium - Semi Final Tues 10 July 7pm

15 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is France... if we do make the final and it is France I will be happy, I feel we can punish them if they sit off like this 

15 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

France will choke on their own vomit in the final as England fvck them up the arse 3-0

cvnts

15 hours ago, Phube said:

I see nothing to be scared of...

15 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

France may be big favourites for the tournament now but they really aren't all that IMO.

15 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yep definitely @Vacamion I honestly think England will beat France in the final 

15 hours ago, Nalis said:

Honesty think if France play average  for them (not even badly) and England /Croatia play well for them then France will lose.

15 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Job done for France but nothing to really fear for us or Croatia 

12 hours ago, treer said:

England will force France up a notch, its a question of how much France can raise their game from tonight's game, because if they cannot raise it sufficiently, then"FOOTBALLS COMING HOME"

Jeez, I thought we, the french, were supposed to be the arrogant ones.
Coming from fans of a team whose biggest achievement was winning against the terrific and terrifying Sweden, all of this is really funny.

See you on Sunday, guys. (or not)

27 minutes ago, yks said:

Coming from fans of a team whose biggest achievement was winning against the terrific and terrifying Sweden, all of this is really funny.

For the record, I didnt actually say its a given. In fact, my comment actually implies France are better (which you guys are - solid if not spectacular).

Also, I'm from Northern Ireland so speaking as something of a neutral. A neutral which will be lucky to get to a world cup again in the next 40 years let alone win one. lol

Anyway, congrats for getting to the final. You will be favourites (but not overwhelming favourites) in the final no matter who wins tonight.

Must say Courtois has come across as a right bell end during this world cup with the comments me made about Pickford and now the ones from last night wind your ridiculously long neck in mate you lost fair and square.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

For the record, I didnt actually say its a given. In fact, my comment actually implies France are better (which you guys are - solid if not spectacular).

Also, I'm from Northern Ireland so speaking as something of a neutral. A neutral which will be lucky to get to a world cup again in the next 40 years let alone win one. lol

Anyway, congrats for getting to the final. You will be favourites (but not overwhelming favourites) in the final no matter who wins tonight.

Yeah sorry, I misread your comment. I will still keep it on the list since it helps creating the sensation that my point is right (I learned that from the Puel out brigade).

Edited by yks

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

In their defence, the French will probably surrender as per usual. :whistle:

This joke is even funnier when repeated for the 47645584141th time by someone who couldn't find another thing to say. Good job.

Edited by yks

1 hour ago, yks said:

Let’s not get in to relative arrogance. Remember Agincourt?  You guys had by far the best team on the pitch, but your over confidence and our set pieces ruined you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

You're right about one thing - and that's just about all - it is everyone to their own.

Leaving aside your risible comments that I am "laughable" or "perhaps pitiable" in my "pesudo-superiority"  [because that's just your ego struggling to deal me a blow that your limited knowledge is incapable of dealing] - the beautiful game manifests itself in more than one way - sometimes it is an exhibition, or more rather an exultation, in the expression of physicality, spatial perception, creativity and technical skill as was the case in the Italy - Brazil final of 1970. Sometimes it is the expression of of arrogant superiority - as was the case when Leeds played Southampton on March 4th, 1972 (youtube.com/watch?v=D5N0pycFtmU). And sometimes it is in the battle between two teams of equal and great strength - attempting to create an opportunity or find a weakness in each other's armour. Maybe not as exciting to watch [in one way, that is] but equally enthralling.

You perceive on a shallow level - and are, as yet, hopefully, incapable of understanding what lies beneath. But, as you state, everyone to their own ability.

Are you French by chance, or just little Timmy?

Your arrogance knows no bounds. Either wand or priest, feckless or fool. 

A lifetime spent honing yourself to a razors edge of pointless stupidity. 

Bravo sir - it has not been a waste. You amuse me greatly. 

15 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Envy is a terrible master. One day you will occupy the same position as I do - for what that's worth.

And again. You are the gift that keeps giving. Hope you conquer your envy. For what it’s worth the horse is leading you. 

4 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Be careful - when the jokes about surrendering and the reminders about Agincourt begin to appear - you know their English hearts have been affronted. Forgetting, of course, that they're all basically Germans and Vikings who settled in the British isles in the latter half of the first millenium and were later bested by the Normans (French-Viking) in 1066 and then, when these nasties wiped themselves out over the course of the Wars of the Roses, were subsequently ruled by the Tudors (who originated in Wales), the Stuarts (who originated in Scotland), then the House of Orange (Dutch), then the Hanoverians (German). We must remember too that it was Welsh archers who defeated the French at Crécy, Poitiers and Agincourt and that a 17-year-old girl led the French army which dumped the English outside Orléans in 1430. Touché is the word, I believe.

Oh for God’s sake you master muppet. We’re all immigrants from somewhere if you go back far enough. Next you’ll be trotting out Lucy - possibly in the sky with diamonds. 

26 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I left the door open yesterday - to relieve the heat. Of course, several flies got in. They wander around, not knowing how to get out and they settle on one, until they become too annoying to bear and then one flicks them off. They persist for a time and then run out of energy and f**k off and expire.

That’s the thing with flies. They like to land on sh!t. 

Incidentally, if you’re not too busy being led by the horse, could you continue your history lesson please. I’d love to know just what the exalted French did with their Maid of Orlean?

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Better job than your military, mind. 

I know (I think) you're joking, but if you read any books about either world war (I recommend The Great War by Peter Hart or anything by Max Hastings) I imagine you'd find yourself as surprised as I was by how poor Britain was as an overall fighting force. The Army especially was pretty bloody hopeless for the majority of the second world war (which does not mean our soldiers were cowards, before anyone starts) and I would say in the first world war you wouldn't put one above the other in terms of effort/outcome/courage etc. 

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That’s the thing with flies. They like to land on sh!t. 

Incidentally, if you’re not too busy being led by the horse, could you continue your history lesson please. I’d love to know just what the exalted French did with their Maid of Orlean?

Do you realise trying to trigger someone talking about stuff done centuries ago by people only sharing things as irrelevant as nationality with them only works with people dumb and sad enough to be nationalist ?
Luckily there aren't a lot of these relics from the past left in the world.

On the other hand, I can understand why you're using that for banter instead of previous sucesses of your national team since there are nothing significant on this domain.
The sadness of that statement almost make me wish you'll win on Sunday.
Let's hope you'll get a lot of corner kicks.

Just now, yks said:

Do you realise trying to trigger someone talking about stuff done centuries ago by people only sharing things as irrelevant as nationality with them only works with people dumb and sad enough to be nationalist ?
Luckily there aren't a lot of these relics from the past left in the world.

On the other hand, I can understand why you're using that for banter instead of previous sucesses of your national team since there are nothing significant on this domain.
The sadness of that statement almost make me wish you'll win on Sunday.
Let's hope you'll get a lot of corner kicks.

Yeah Frenchie - we’ll arrow em in. 

32 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I know (I think) you're joking, but if you read any books about either world war (I recommend The Great War by Peter Hart or anything by Max Hastings) I imagine you'd find yourself as surprised as I was by how poor Britain was as an overall fighting force. The Army especially was pretty bloody hopeless for the majority of the second world war (which does not mean our soldiers were cowards, before anyone starts) and I would say in the first world war you wouldn't put one above the other in terms of effort/outcome/courage etc. 

Of course I'm joking, the French were actually a pretty powerful military force throughout history. It's just an old joke, like the Irish loving potatoes, or Wales being a real place

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Of course I'm joking, the French were actually a pretty powerful military force throughout history. It's just an old joke, like the Irish loving potatoes, or Wales being a real place

I live in Wales. It’s not a real place.