Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

France v Belgium - Semi Final Tues 10 July 7pm

The annoying thing is listening to the pundits patronise everyone, saying we’ve got to give France credit and calling it ‘fascinating’ half an hour in.

It’s unwatchable at times, can’t they just be honest and say it was a turgid game between 2 substandard teams by World Cup semi-final standards. Say that the World Cup is not about who can kill a game better, and that football is supposed to be entertainment.

Even the goal it was settled on was shit, and the player cared so little that he did a cringey pre-planned celebration rather than going mental like a normal human being.

I don’t think there’s ever been a more narcissistic team than this French one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The annoying thing is listening to the pundits patronise everyone, saying we’ve got to give France credit and calling it ‘fascinating’ half an hour in.

It’s unwatchable at times, can’t they just be honest and say it was a turgid game between 2 substandard teams by World Cup semi-final standards. Say that the World Cup is not about who can kill a game better, and that football is supposed to be entertainment.

Even the goal it was settled on was shit, and the player cared so little that he did a cringey pre-planned celebration rather than going mental like a normal human being.

It was a high-quality, engrossing match. French defence was next level, as were their counter attacks Belgium were very good in trying to break them down but ultimately couldn't do it.

We're at an era in football where defence and counter attacking has yet to be worked out.

You don't always have to be so critical about everything

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It was a high-quality, engrossing match. French defence was next level, as were their counter attacks Belgium were very good in trying to break them down but ultimately couldn't do it.

We're at an era in football where defence and counter attacking has yet to be worked out.

First half it looked a match even with no goals once the French went ahead and dropped back Belgium didn’t have a clue. Job done for France but nothing to really fear for us or Croatia 

Are the pundits on some sort of ridiculous commission for everytime they can stroke one out over Mbappe!?

Good young player dont get me wrong but fvck me its like they have never seen a 19 year old with pace before.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes.

Yes he does.

47 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Honesty think if France play average  for them (not even badly) and England /Croatia play well for them then France will lose.

Let's be honest, if its an England France final its going to come down to which team ****s up first from a set piece. 

I thought this was possibly the best game from a technical point of view. Both teams had so much obvious class with the ball. Didn't think either deserved to lose and as poorly advised as it might be on here, to me, this was the "moral" final between the two best teams in this tournament (no disrespect to England or Croatia).

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Thought it was a really good game. One of those high level tactical ones that becomes engrossing. You don't seem to know very much about football.

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

I see you're a proper adrenaline fan. This was a game for football connoisseurs - the two best teams in the world - both evenly matched and a single goal deciding it. If you believe that it's going to be anything other than much the same display by England (if they get through) or Croatia (ditto) then you're bemused.

This standard of football isn't for you, really, is it? You prefer lots of goals and sloppy defending - yes? Maybe dig out the DVD of Germany beating Brazil in 2014 and give this year's final a miss - because, unless France score a hatful, you're going to be asleep by half-time. Frankly, good football is wasted on you.

Now who can’t leave it alone my torch bearing friend?  Your pseudo superiority is laughable really, or perhaps pitiable. 

That match wasc pretty much the antithesis of your earlier declarations regarding the beautiful game. However I’m sure you and your likeminded group of conisseurs thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was dull, stagnant and few of the main players turned up.

Still, each to their own I guess.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Well done @Swan Lesta

You were spot on mate.

France did just have the edge.

I thought they’d be more goals because of space and pace an all that but I also thought that France would play on the break and give Belgium possession. To be honest France scoring first ruined the game a bit as it would have been great to see a more open game. Though Frace had the edge I expected a different game in all honesty, almost what it could have been but didn’t quite turn into!

England 2 Croatia 0 you heard it here first.

?

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Are the pundits on some sort of ridiculous commission for everytime they can stroke one out over Mbappe!?

Good young player dont get me wrong but fvck me its like they have never seen a 19 year old with pace before.

This is way more than a kid with pace

Not too many 19 year olds playing for a top team at the world cup.

He is very good and only going to get better.

The pundits are over the top but that is what they are paid to do

Edited by gurru991

France were as good as they needed to be , Belgium didn't turn up, they froze , they were crap.

Until the goal, pretty even, and that is with Lukaku toucihng the ball only 5 times.

England will force France up a notch, its a question of how much France can raise their game from tonight's game, because if they cannot raise it sufficiently, then"FOOTBALLS COMING HOME"

1 minute ago, treer said:

France were as good as they needed to be , Belgium didn't turn up, they froze , they were crap.

Until the goal, pretty even, and that is with Lukaku toucihng the ball only 5 times.

England will force France up a notch, its a question of how much France can raise their game from tonight's game, because if they cannot raise it sufficiently, then"FOOTBALLS COMING HOME"

Are we just totally accepting that tomorrow’s game is a formality now? lol

11 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

This is way more than a kid with pace

Not too many 19 year olds playing for a top team at the world cup.

He is very good and only going to get better.

The pundits are over the top but that is what they are paid to do

He reminds me a bit of the Brazilian Ronaldo with his acceleration. Although he is 19, he makes other players look like kids who can't keep up.

• Like 1

Two very solid teams who tactically set an organised defence before anything else, yes there were absolute fantastic quality players against each other but it was a pretty boring match; maybe it was the lack of atmosphere in the stadium, maybe it stems from my perceptive distaste for the France team. Apart from Kante that is, I think without him France would've been out earlier on, Belgium seemed to try to cut N'Golo out, going to the wings and then back into the CF often, they had no space to operate in infront of the box and De Bruyne was stifled, Belgium had chances they still should've took in the first half though and did nothing in the second.

It wasn't a very good match, it had a couple of moments like Mbappe's skillful pass and yes tactically it's interesting how teams that far in this competition go about their business but it was a drab game for that stage.

12 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

I'd still wait until England have played before making such statements, even if I'd agree ;)

(What we really want is Maguire and Vardy (probably off the bench) to score the winning goals in the final! ;) )

I forgot............ he also won an FA Cup medal.

What a player........plus they looked good and solid again last night.

Lets get Croatia out of the way and hope The Little French Guy hasa bad day.

Best of Luck people

It's funny because nobody rates Dechamps or Martinez. In fact they are roundly mocked by a lot of people for being tactically clueless.

The France v England/Croatia will be another 1 goal decider so if people thought last night was "turgid", I suggest they give the final a miss and watch Wimbledon instead.

• Like 2