Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FoxesTalk Fantasy Premier League - 2018/2019

Steady start for me so far, above average both weeks but nothing spectacular. Very different from last year where I was top 5k at this point, but that ended badly so I'm content with a few solid weeks. Few key decisions which if I went the other way would have told a very different story.

Kante and Wan Bissaka on the bench GW1.
Opted for Firminho instead of Mane, Maddison instead of Richarlison etc.

And went NoSalah originally so I could have a 4-strong premium attack with Aguero/Auba/Firminho/Sanchez, but only one of them has been worth it so far. Dropped the last two and hoping Auba comes good.

Also convinced my partner who started GW2 and isn't that much into football, that Arnautovic's fixtures were terrible and he should use his cash ITB to upgrade to Vardy... He stopped speaking to me for a day or so after that lol

• Like 1

On 24/08/2018 at 09:05, Xen said:

Steady start for me so far, above average both weeks but nothing spectacular. Very different from last year where I was top 5k at this point, but that ended badly so I'm content with a few solid weeks. Few key decisions which if I went the other way would have told a very different story.

And went NoSalah originally so I could have a 4-strong premium attack with Aguero/Auba/Firminho/Sanchez, but only one of them has been worth it so far. Dropped the last two and hoping Auba comes good.

Also convinced my partner who started GW2 and isn't that much into football, that Arnautovic's fixtures were terrible and he should use his cash ITB to upgrade to Vardy... He stopped speaking to me for a day or so after that lol

Bit nasty really.

Well, I started off being pretty cwap, but was above average this week.  Definitely making use of all the free transfers...  Tempted to use the free hit, (too many red cards - (looking at you Vardy/Richarlison - grrr) - and still too many cwap players...)

Definitely a learning experience this!  (At least my wife is doing even worse...? ;) (Too many Arsenal players...  (Though the way they've started, even 1 is probably too many, let alone 3! (or the two I picked :( ))

Edited by PhillippaT

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Took Aubemyang out for Kane this week lollol 

That actually made me check the score lol

This is the first year I haven't had Kane in. Persisted with Aubemyang, Zaha and Wilson (the latter is very hit and miss).

On 24/08/2018 at 09:05, Xen said:

How many points are you at currently?  I just dropped Salah and have Kane Aguero in top heavy ine up but not sure.  I love and hate this game so much.  I once finished top 50K but other than that have been shite.  X

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

How many points are you at currently?  I just dropped Salah and have Kane Aguero in top heavy ine up but not sure.  I love and hate this game so much.  I once finished top 50K but other than that have been shite.  X

Doing reasonably well, currently on 501, rank ~160k. Reasonably happy with that, although consistency across the whole season has been my problem in previous years, so hopefully I can keep it up. I've never finished in the top 100k annoyingly, despite usually being top50k before new years... Tend to drop off massively then salvage it a little in April/May.

Had a few lucky breaks as well, like being perfectly happy with my wildcard team up until half an hour before the deadline, then bringing in Hazard and Fraser when they both hauled lol.

Currently got Pereira/Maddison/Vardy and tempted to drop one of them as I can never quite bring myself to start triple-Leicester. Think I've got a (risky) plan and will probably take my first hit over the international break, but there's a few options I'm looking at...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Doing reasonably well, currently on 501, rank ~160k. Reasonably happy with that, although consistency across the whole season has been my problem in previous years, so hopefully I can keep it up. I've never finished in the top 100k annoyingly, despite usually being top50k before new years... Tend to drop off massively then salvage it a little in April/May.

Had a few lucky breaks as well, like being perfectly happy with my wildcard team up until half an hour before the deadline, then bringing in Hazard and Fraser when they both hauled lol.

Currently got Pereira/Maddison/Vardy and tempted to drop one of them as I can never quite bring myself to start triple-Leicester. Think I've got a (risky) plan and will probably take my first hit over the international break, but there's a few options I'm looking at...

You are doing well, I am on about 470 so not too far off you! :)  

Yeah it is really hard to maintain a good level.  The season I finished top 50K was early on, before I started reading all the blogs and stats and forums and taking it too seriously.  I think I have gotten worse the more I try, haha.  It's not even fun any more but I can't stop.  It has become the new Champ Manager for me!

I currently have Pereira and Maddison and will probably stick for now.  I have a feeling Pereira might be a good option until he reverts to RB at least.  Chilwell is not a bad cheaper option either.  I tend to play too much with my heart sometimes (I don't have players I don't like in real life in my team and always go too Leicester heavy).

X

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still losing to the wife - 15 points behind atm. :(   (Her Salah beat my Hazard...) Grrrr...  I don't care if I finish bottom of the foxes talk league - just so long as I defeat the wife ;) 

I have noticed the number of Arsenal players in her team has steadily decreased thoughout the season so far, though - she's down to 1 now (Aubameyang). I've still got Maguire and Madders, (though on the bench atm. for obvious reasons).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, how is everyone doing?  I am currently at about 600000 overall which is not great but moving in right direction.  Also, what is everyone's best ever finish?  Mine is about 50000 which at the time I didn't realise was actually pretty decent.  Since I started taking it more seriously and looking at all the stats I have starting doing worse and worse, haha.  X

2 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

image.png.9c6127eeee11ab735a75da3acf2c4251.png 

Good week to play Triple Captain?

Just replied on other thread you started but was deleted, haha.  I think conventional wisdom is to use the Triple Captain chip on one of the double game weeks but to be honest most of the time it's down to sheer fluke.  Team looks OK, how are you getting on?  X

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just replied on other thread you started but was deleted, haha.  I think conventional wisdom is to use the Triple Captain chip on one of the double game weeks but to be honest most of the time it's down to sheer fluke.  Team looks OK, how are you getting on?  X

Last year I tripled captained Aguero against Leicester and we all know what happened there. Felt so guilty. I think the family wanted to disown me :D.

yeah Im doing alright. Not in the FT league but I would be like top 45 I reckon. Had some good game weeks recently. Top of my family leauge with 1238 points. All Good in the Hood

Edited by siraaj_lcfc

1 minute ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Last year I tripled captained Aguero against Leicester and we all know what happened there. Felt so guilty. I think the family wanted to disown me :D.

yeah Im doing alright. Not in the FT league but I would be like top 45 I reckon. Had some good game weeks recently. Top of my family leauge with 1238 points. All Good in the Hood

Haha, I can never bring myself to captain players against Leicester but I probably should!  Sounds like you are doing great, I am on about 1150 so not too far behind you.  :)