Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FoxesTalk Fantasy Premier League - 2018/2019

3rd spot relegation..seems to be between Cardiff/Soton/Brighton...I don't have preferences or dislikes of any of the clubs...frankly I couldn't care!!

soft spot for Brighton,because they have played good football ...

I can see for media-pundits that Southamton would be the surprise team to go down....

without dislikes,because that doesn't decide the relegation battle...who do the posters think will be taking the drop,could there be a 4th or 5th team

still in the mix...

I am sure Burnley will come strong...Palace will imo,pick up vital points...

Sorry wrong thread!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

57 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Coming up to an important time where how you finish in the season is decided on how well you use your chips... 

Yeah - so do you use your free hit on double gameweeks? How does it work?

I also still have my treble captain and was waiting for a double game week to use that as well!

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah - so do you use your free hit on double gameweeks? How does it work?

I also still have my treble captain and was waiting for a double game week to use that as well!

You only get one free hit, which is best used in either a blank or double game week.

If you still have a wildcard you can use that to your advantage as well.

There's a lot of different stratergies you can use depending on how many chips you have left. Either way it's best to start planning now for the upcoming game weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2019 at 10:31, TheUltimateWinner said:

You only get one free hit, which is best used in either a blank or double game week.

If you still have a wildcard you can use that to your advantage as well.

There's a lot of different stratergies you can use depending on how many chips you have left. Either way it's best to start planning now for the upcoming game weeks. 

My wife should have used the free hit this week - she's got too many cup players in her squad... (Oh dear... ;) )

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2019 at 11:36, PhillippaT said:

Thank-you Eden Hazard!!! I've finally overtaken the wife :D (Beat her this week by 71pts to 44.)  Here's hoping I can keep it this way....

A week later, and normal service has been resumed :(  I had too many points on the bench compared to the pitch :( 

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, I'm now only three points behind the wife - 74 to 50 points this week :)

And unlike her, I saved my wildcard/free hit for this week too :D

Time for the cheapest bench I can get, leaving room for...  Vardy?

Sorry to break it to you but I don't think you're allowed to use your wildcard and free hit in the same game week... 

In the end I managed a respectable finish. Didn't have a captain hit until GW12 regardless of who I chose and why. My luck didn't get any better after that really. Even Harry Kane got benched for a game when I owned him! After 26 weeks I sat ranked around 2.3m overall.

Then my luck changed and I never really looked back. My rank improved 10 times in the last 12 weeks thanks to a number of very impressive GWs. I climbed over 1.9m places in that time to finish ranked 332k. That is still by far my worst season in recent times but I can look at the positives. My recovery was very pleasing and surely I can't have as much bad luck next season unless I smash a mirror.

Edited by ThingsCouldGetMessi