Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Newcastle away - Sat 29th Sep, 3pm

Full Allocation: 3,000 (includes 16 Wheelchair Spaces)
Tickets go on sale at 8am online and 9am in person and over the phone

Prices
Adult: £30, Seniors 65+: £22, Under 18: £16, Students (Full Time): £22

Sale Dates
Away Priority Scheme (ONLINE ONLY) | Sunday 26 August
Away Priority Scheme** | Monday 27 August
Season Ticket Holders with 330+ Points | Tuesday 28 August
Season Ticket Holders with 300+ Points | Wednesday 29 August
Season Ticket Holders with 280+ Points | Thursday 30 August
Season Ticket Holders with 265+ Points | Friday 31 August
Season Ticket Holders with 250+ Points | Monday 03 September
Season Ticket Holders with 200+ Points | Tuesday 04 September
All Season Ticket Holders | Wednesday 5 September

I can see this one going to at least 'All STH'.

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Definitely fancy this one.

Newcastle, Saturday 3pm and not in the middle of winter like the last few visits? Should be popular, particularly if we're playing well.

lol I thought the same.

On 22/08/2018 at 15:47, KrefelderFox666 said:

As above booked my hotel a while ago, first time to Newcastle for me. I am a fit young man training for a triathlon, so I think I can survive the stairs...maybe.

Really looking forward to this, top ground and top atmosphere.

Tbh I thought that building up to my first visit but I've been 3 times and it's always quiet. Good ground though, no doubting that.

13 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Did you go last season?

For me it was the best away end since Brugge.

Not last season. I went last when we won 3-0. Missed a good away end then! 

30 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Popular opinion is to whine about our ticket office. In reality, it is the home club who dictate which to sell first.

Are they really that regimented?

Our Ticket Office is not very good - Too officious and totally unhelpful. In any other walk of life they'd be out of business with the way they treat supporters. If you don't accept that then you have been extremely fortunate in your dealings with them.

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Are they really that regimented?

They are yeh, I had a colleague do some consulting work for a big football club once. If the away club don't sell out, some clubs can offer unsold seats to home fans. Some clubs like to sell the seats that appear prominently on TV first to show a 'full' ground.

Loads of factors, but all done to the selling club as to how tickets in their ground are sold. This is huge business remember, nothing (however small or petty) is left to chance. 

Edited by grobyfox1990
typo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They are yeh, I had a colleague do some consulting work for a big football club once. If the away club don't sell out, some clubs can offer unsold seats to home fans. Some clubs like to sell the seats that appear prominently on TV first to show a 'full' ground.

Loads of factors, but all done to the selling club as to how tickets in their ground are sold. This is huge business remember, nothing (however small or petty) is left to chance. 

My understanding is they sell different tickets / blocks in the ticket office to those on line. A wider number of tickets on line would definitely help. 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Some fair points here but Newcastle isnt one of them, and there are other examples, at other grounds, of no common sense being used.  

You can’t see away fans on TV for this one, as the blocks are all above the clouds. You could easily start from the middle blocks as well and work to one side, keeping the other side free for a while. All that happens at Newcastle and some other grounds is that ticket sales are slowed down while everyone waits for better blocks to be released. The first one on sale here is one of the worst views at any ground in England. Historically, they know roughly how many fans from each club travel, so I think @Crazy Kop Corner is right it’s regimented for the sake of it.

Also they may sell certain seats differently online to in store or on phone, but I don’t think they do with actual blocks. I regularly try and ring, or go in, when faced with the usual shit tickets on sale online first, but they will never let me buy from a block that isn’t open online. 

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

In fairness to our ticket office, I suspect the "order of selling" is usually dictated by the home club ... especially in the case of a match like Newcastle away where we might not sell out the full allocation.

If the club sell blocks out of order, they could get stung if they had unsold blocks say (but there were in the wrong place, so the home club couldn't re-sell them).

Obviously this wouldn't really matter if out club was absolutley 100% sure they would sell all the tickets/blocks. eg Bournemouth away...   which in fairness is what they did ie put all blocks straight on sale.

23 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There's now less than 60 tickets available in the first 2 main blocks and they've still not opened up block 3 - Are you telling me that's on the orders of Newcastle United or a ticket office that gets confused between their arse and elbow?

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

42 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

There's now less than 60 tickets available in the first 2 main blocks and they've still not opened up block 3 - Are you telling me that's on the orders of Newcastle United or a ticket office that gets confused between their arse and elbow?

That's a different point tho. Clearly someone at LCFC is having a long liquid lunch and hasn't bothered to open up the third block yet. I'm saying LCFC can't go around opening up any block at anytime. Nothing in this corrupt country is regimented for the sake of it even tho it might appear to be, this is big business, it's regimented for £££££

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That's a different point tho. Clearly someone at LCFC is having a long liquid lunch and hasn't bothered to open up the third block yet. I'm saying LCFC can't go around opening up any block at anytime. Nothing in this corrupt country is regimented for the sake of it even tho it might appear to be, this is big business, it's regimented for £££££

No it's just sheer incompetence and that is my point. It happens too often for it to be anything else. There is consistently an air of contempt they purvey to us, the supporters. That is not being paranoid I have several personal examples and its just the way they operate.

As I've said, In any other walk of life they'd be out of business with the way they treat supporters. 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

19 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

No it's just sheer incompetence and that is my point. It happens too often for it to anything else. There is consistently an air of contempt they purvey to us, the supporters. That is not being paranoid I have several personal examples and its just the way they operate.

As I've said, In any other walk of life they'd be out of business with the way they treat supporters

Fair enough, sounds like they've done you over far too often. And i do agree with your last point

• Like 1