Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Any other refugees from the old Planet football forum?

27 minutes ago, Otis said:

Yeah, fond memories 

Me too, I'd just love to go back to a Hayes compatible 9.6k or 14.4k modem instead of my 100MB connection, it'd be great to be unable to wait long enough to read so many of the posts on here ;)

On 14/10/2018 at 22:57, foxile5 said:

Yes. 

A very long time ago, that. Me and a few family members. 

If memory serves there were a few Sunderland fans there. 

I remember that. I think all the Premier League teams had forums linked to on the official websites, so you could use the same account on each one. Usually for trolling purposes. 

On 14/10/2018 at 23:00, Tuna said:

I remember getting all my LCFC news from Ceefax and / or Radio Leicester lol

Page 513 on Teletext, there were about 5 pages worth of stuff usually just trivia and team news. 

390 on Ceefax was dedicated to local sport news that was mostly taken up by Forest and Tigers stuff - how times have changed!

227 on Ceefax was in the shares section, I used to come home from school and have to wait till it rotated to page 3 to find out if we'd moved more than an halfpenny from £2.17

• Like 3

I remember being on some LCFC Internet Mailing List, which I think pre-dates any of the message boards.   I think it was 1995.

I can't remember where I found out about it, but to subscribe to the mailing list - you sent a message to [email protected] with 'subscribe lcfc-list' in the body of the message.

Then you just sent an Email to [email protected]  (had previously been [email protected]), and hey presto a few hardy City fans got to read your ramblings.

I think some bird called Nobby from Leicester Poly used to run it.  Well Anne was her real name, but we all called her Nobby.   I've no idea why.

I also remember ... it seemed like the only people on the Dist List were students!   Clearly too much time on their hands.

(Edited to say: It might not have been Nobby actually running it.  A couple of blokes called Mark T or Oliver P may have administered it actually.   Not that it matters!)

Edited by worth_the_wait