Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

Problem with the premier league....

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 00:19, Finnegan said:

For all the flaws with the Premier League, I'm going to off myself if I have to go back to watching us play ****ing Barnsley on a week day night, freezing my tits off in a half empty concrete bowl listening to us sing YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT to twelve travelling fans bored shitless watching the same turgid lump ball they see every opponent play every week. 

Easy to romanticise the Championship when you don't have to play in it. 

****ing depressing league. 

Good point, let's please not get relegated to such a so called 'exciting' league as I fear we may never come back in a hurry if we do like the last time in 2004!

Who can ever forget how bad we then became when barely treading water in the Championship season after season in the mid/late 00s under Craig Levein, Rob Kelly and then the ridiculous culmination in one disaster season of a managerial trilogy of Martin Allen/Gary Megson/Ian Holloway - ending in relegation to the depths of League One!! Since then the rest as they say is history but let's try not to go back there anytime soon!! Puel to stay!   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Richard said:

I say let them have their European super league to launder the worlds dirty money with all the turgid debate panel shows debating pogba for hours.

I do too. 

We'll be watching different football but it's still football. I really have no problem with that.

The French league is a waste of time now. If I were Bordeaux I'd rather that PSG went off to a super league and we could get on with playing for a title at our level.

The Prem isn't as bad but the bias to the big 4 is wrong. I have no problem with players choosing them over other teams - which should maintain their dominance - but not in them getting a bigger slice of the pie than others, nor in the cheating refs, or stupid media.

Those of you who want to watch the elite players would have plenty of opportunity by paying for it on TV, you could even choose yourself a "elite" club to follow.

For me Sport isn't about being the best, it's about many other qualities.

I think we wre bit lucky

Spain have barca and madrid. French got psg. Italy got juventus, and german got bayern, the worst case. 

Player like adriano, kiko casilla, negredo, and many more were promising potential, yet they are recruited to be backup player in those club. 

The most painful thing is seeing mario gotze who just impressing, especially during world cup, disappeared at bayern bench. 

At least we have 6 which compete each other rather then 2 or even 1

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 00:19, Finnegan said:

For all the flaws with the Premier League, I'm going to off myself if I have to go back to watching us play ****ing Barnsley on a week day night, freezing my tits off in a half empty concrete bowl listening to us sing YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT to twelve travelling fans bored shitless watching the same turgid lump ball they see every opponent play every week. 

Easy to romanticise the Championship when you don't have to play in it. 

****ing depressing league. 

This. Having been at the Emirates on Monday and Ashton Gate last night it's like watching two different sports.

Don't get me wrong there are some cracking games and atmospheres in the Champs but these are the exception (well watching Bristol City anyway!).

Last night was so boring I ended up counting how many Hull fans had made the trip.....it was 57 by the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

This. Having been at the Emirates on Monday and Ashton Gate last night it's like watching two different sports.

Don't get me wrong there are some cracking games and atmospheres in the Champs but these are the exception (well watching Bristol City anyway!).

Last night was so boring I ended up counting how many Hull fans had made the trip.....it was 57 by the way.

57??? That is rank bad for an away following of a Championship side - a bit like some of the post Bradford Fire or Heysel Stadium disaster 80s away attendances the following season! Even if we were back in the Championship now, perish the thought, then you'd like to think we'd take at least 1000 away to Bristol!

I can’t remenber the last time we took less than a 1000 to a league game, even in the championship.

Not that numbers really matter, I’d rather have 57 that sing than a sold out end that doesn’t 

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 05:52, dayday said:

I’m not a stat man but haven’t we spent more on transfers than Arsenal in the last 3 years? 

We have spunked millions on awful and average players like Slimani, Musa, Silva, Iborra etc.

I would say if we had got our recruitment right the gap we not be as big.

Even if we have spent more, there is a big difference. We are spending money brought in by losing players that we didn't want to lose but couldn't keep them. Arsenal rarely lose players they want to keep as they can offer them more and spend money not to replace but add to their quality/depth.

20 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Even if we have spent more, there is a big difference. We are spending money brought in by losing players that we didn't want to lose but couldn't keep them. Arsenal rarely lose players they want to keep as they can offer them more and spend money not to replace but add to their quality/depth.

what you say is true but I think it goes further than that. Top players are happy to play at Arsenal, not at Leicester. we couldn't get them even if we were willing to pay for them.