Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soup

Covers

More Silicon Teens, covering Chuck Berry this time....

Silicon Teens was actually a virtual band, long time pre-Internet: one bloke with a synth who pretended to be a band. 

This one was a minor hit in about 1980, I think. I remember John Peel playing it to death.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the Manic Monday one. You can't beat the original IMO. 

Not a cover, but this is an acoustic version by The Bangles, and jesus h christ how gorgeous is Susanna Hoffs!! Fun fact - She married the guy who directed the first Austin Powers movie. A right lanky weird looking dude! 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Think I might have already posted this video, although it's worth a repost anyway, talk about stealing the show.

Wasn't sure if it had been posted without going back through the thread, Prince was an absolutely fantastic guitarist.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

A beautifully sung and respectful version of my favourite track from the Bridge over Troubled Water album.

The original appeared at the time to be a song from Paul Simon to Art Garfunkel which added some emotion to the number.  Before performing as Simon and Garfunkel the pair called themselves Tom and Jerry (Tom was Art Garfunkel).  Bridge over Troubled Water was their last album and they were already diversifying - Art Garfunkel was travelling to Mexico to take part in the filming of Catch-22.  So it's plausible that Paul Simon wrote this to express his feelings at that time of his life (Tom get your plane right on time, I know your part'll go fine now, fly down to Mexico).

• Like 2

On 17/05/2020 at 09:53, Dr Marco said:

Good one.

But at first I mistakenly thought Everything But The Girl had covered "The only living boy in New Cross" by Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.......that I'd definitely like to hear.

• Like 1