Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2019 In Music

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dr Marco said:

Never heard of them but that's alright, and a band that doesn't look like they've dressed in the dark, always a plus. Always find it difficult to find a new rock band I like, so much just sounds like other bands, The odd album here and there but not a band I would continually be excited about their new record, I think foals were the last rock band I really liked that sounded different to the rest....maybe theres just less rock music around????  Find myself buying lots of other genres, would be nice to bulk up on newer guitar music.

Edited by purpleronnie

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Never heard of them but that's alright, and a band that doesn't look like they've dressed in the dark, always a plus. Always find it difficult to find a new rock band I like, so much just sounds like other bands, The odd album here and there but not a band I would continually be excited about their new record, I think foals were the last rock band I really liked that sounded different to the rest....maybe theres just less rock music around????  Find myself buying lots of other genres, would be nice to bulk up on newer guitar music.

check out Fontaines DC! irish band whose debut album "dogrel" is excellent!

reminds me of early The Fall

• Thanks 1

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:34, Langston said:

Sounds like every other Foals album apart from the first two to me. Not a bad thing, necessarily – still decent. Sunday is a great track.

Total Life Forever was a ridiculous benchmark to set in honesty. Their best album, for me.

Not sure how they could sound much different though, they have a sound like most artists do, unless they try an experimental jazz album.

I'm not sure which album id my favourite which means I must find differences in them, pretty consistent band.

Even though older albums often hold nostalgic appeal and artists first albums often are peoples (including mine sometimes) favourite albums i'm usually more interested in what artists are doing today rather than what they have done in the past.

Edited by purpleronnie

On 02/05/2019 at 15:07, RonnieTodger said:

New Catfish & the Bottlemen album is shite

I've only heard the lead single but, to me, doesn't sound like they developed their sound at all. 

I didn't rate the second album that much, not as much as the debut album anyway, but all their songs seem to be the same sort of subject.

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I've only heard the lead single but, to me, doesn't sound like they developed their sound at all. 

I didn't rate the second album that much, not as much as the debut album anyway, but all their songs seem to be the same sort of subject.

16 hours ago, Langston said:

Are you shocked?

Blandest band going, for me. Thought Fallout was a great track years ago but the rest goes right over my head.

Yeah their albums have gradually decreased in quality. I was a big fan of theirs when they first hit the scene, but I was aware they all sounded a bit samey. At least those songs had a bit of energy behind them, this new record is so bland it's unreal.

• Like 2