Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lmtiazLCFC4LIFE

We need a bloody striker and attacking midfielder!!!!

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

With who we have left to play? Have you even looked at the fixture list? We basically still have half the season to go FFS, and to this point despite being woefully inconsistent we've won 9/22, or 41%. At that rate, we're looking at 7 more wins.

Matches where we'll be the clear favourites in bold, matches which could go either way in italics. But as proven, even the other matches we're still in with a decent chance.

Wolves (A)
Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Spurs (A)

Crystal Palace (H)
Brighton (H)
Watford (A)
Fulham (H)
Burnley (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)

I reckon the matches we will be favourites in is more like the above...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

If we aren't prepared to shell out on a Striker in January then we may as well recall Slimani, we need a plan B in games where Vardy is ineffective- and Iheanacho is not it

Slimani is as bad as no striker. He hasn't been able score more then 2 goals in a lower league 

Just now, Attywolf said:

Slimani is as bad as no striker. He hasn't been able score more then 2 goals in a lower league 

He's not got a terrible record for us though, or would you prefer we stick to Okazaki & Iheanacho coming off the bench? Pretty sure they've got 1 goal between them in all competitions this season

21 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

By all accounts though, the Fener team is utter scheiße. Slimani could at least convert headers from crosses on a regular basis and Albrighton, Chilwell and Ricardo are capable of delivering a good ball from wide (Fuchs is still a decent crosser too despite his legs)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xen said:

With who we have left to play? Have you even looked at the fixture list? We basically still have half the season to go FFS, and to this point despite being woefully inconsistent we've won 9/22, or 41%. At that rate, we're looking at 7 more wins.

Matches where we'll be the clear favourites in bold, matches which could go either way in italics. But as proven, even the other matches we're still in with a decent chance.

Wolves (A)
Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Spurs (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Brighton (H)
Watford (A)
Fulham (H)
Burnley (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)

I wouldn't say we were clear favorites against Palace.....

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I wouldn't say we were clear favorites against Palace.....

Home match against a fellow mid-table side pretty much always has the home team as favourites. 'Clear favourites' is perhaps a stretch, but I think I illustrated my point that doubting we'd win 4 games based on fixtures alone is unnecessarily pessimistic. There's plenty of winnable games left this season.

6 hours ago, Bert said:

As much as I slate him and think he’s got a lot to improve on, Maddison. 

Good player but an attacking midfielder, not a striker - too lightweight to play up front. Vardy's the only 'number 9' we have and even then he's no good as a battering ram.

31 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Good player but an attacking midfielder, not a striker - too lightweight to play up front. Vardy's the only 'number 9' we have and even then he's no good as a battering ram.

“We need a striker (Vardy) & an attacking Midfielder” (Maddison) was the topic in question. Which I responded saying we’ve got. 

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

“We need a striker (Vardy) & an attacking Midfielder” (Maddison) was the topic in question. Which I responded saying we’ve got. 

OK, I get your point. However I think the idea of this thread was we need an extra competent player in each position for cover.

AM is covered with Barnes to some degree, but we're seriously light on strikers that are fit for purpose.

• Like 1

If we’re seriously looking to stay top ten consistently, yes we need new, better quality signings, but business is business, you need to be able to afford those players and there has to be room to accommodate them at the club. Most of our recent signings have flopped in the Prem, those players need new contracts away from the club first. 

Personally, I’d prefer us to go after some proven players, preferably from the Prem, but there are some good players becoming available around Europe also.

I’m all for finding the next Mahrez or Vardy, but it’s a big risk buying in unproven players in with the hope they tear up Premier League, I wish we’d be a bit braver and sign players who’d essentially fit right in and improve what we have. 

Heres a few players I think would fit

Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea

Thorgan Hazzard - Borrussia 

Malcom - Barcelona

Ryan Sessegnon - Fulham 

Munir - Barcelona 

Musa Dembele - Lyon

Emiliano Sala - Nantes

Andreas Pereira - Manchester United

Youri Tielemans - Monaco

10 minutes ago, Foxalot said:

If we’re seriously looking to stay top ten consistently, yes we need new, better quality signings, but business is business, you need to be able to afford those players and there has to be room to accommodate them at the club. Most of our recent signings have flopped in the Prem, those players need new contracts away from the club first. 

Personally, I’d prefer us to go after some proven players, preferably from the Prem, but there are some good players becoming available around Europe also.

I’m all for finding the next Mahrez or Vardy, but it’s a big risk buying in unproven players in with the hope they tear up Premier League, I wish we’d be a bit braver and sign players who’d essentially fit right in and improve what we have. 

Heres a few players I think would fit

Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea

Thorgan Hazzard - Borrussia 

Malcom - Barcelona

Ryan Sessegnon - Fulham 

Munir - Barcelona 

Musa Dembele - Lyon

Emiliano Sala - Nantes

Andreas Pereira - Manchester United

Youri Tielemans - Monaco

:nigel:  £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £

4 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

If we aren't prepared to shell out on a Striker in January then we may as well recall Slimani, we need a plan B in games where Vardy is ineffective- and Iheanacho is not it

4 hours ago, Attywolf said:

4 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

He's not got a terrible record for us though, or would you prefer we stick to Okazaki & Iheanacho coming off the bench? Pretty sure they've got 1 goal between them in all competitions this season

With our present situation,and no striker cover,I would bring Slimani back .Partner him with Vardy..Albrighton then  has a target...

Nacho should then be used has a regular Sub...It might give him time and thought to grow into his wanted/expected potential....

Our tactician has us crossing the ball from the wing in the general direction of Vardy to get his head on it....his best skill is running on to a ball. Go figure Vardy has little impact this year. Playing v 10 man Southampton last week we hadn't a clue. We rarely take the ball around a defender dropping it back to the top of the 18 or the pk spot. Tomorrow we will cross the ball in the air and other than a corner or two with Maguire to aim for we will likely not get on the end of any crosses.....hey but we'll keep trying.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

With our present situation,and no striker cover,I would bring Slimani back .Partner him with Vardy..Albrighton then  has a target...

Nacho should then be used has a regular Sub...It might give him time and thought to grow into his wanted/expected potential....

I'd like to see Nacho used as a regular sub too.... 300 fathoms down! 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I'd like to see Nacho used as a regular sub too.... 300 fathoms down! 

Sometimes in  the frustrating depths,Mariana Trench might come into mind....:P

But these coming last months,he has to gather himself,it could be his last chance to show us he has that potential we hoped he had!!!