Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lmtiazLCFC4LIFE

We need a bloody striker and attacking midfielder!!!!

29 minutes ago, bpfox said:

iam not 100% sold on barnes, watched a fair bit of him at west brom. he is not the type of player that will tear teams apart, hes very much in the allbrighton mold. 

He scored one less goal in half a season at West Brom than Albrighton has in over 140 league games for us

Can see us now riding this season through under Puel unless we have a drastic few results things may be forced to change, otherwise come end of season maybe a change a new manager appointed and a team rebuild  bring in some quality players  ?

But I do feel Come the end of season We will see big changes ahead as I’m sure after spending over £100m on a new training facility the powers to be will want a team to compliment such facilities and not want us to finish below mid table but be a top half of the table fighting for European places  ?

Let's face it the big-spending days are over, we haven't got a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of. No way are the owners going to spend anything until Puel is replaced which unfortunately looks like the end of the season now.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Let's face it the big-spending days are over, we haven't got a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of. No way are the owners going to spend anything until Puel is replaced which unfortunately looks like the end of the season now.

DB3A8CC1-7366-45E1-A339-9558326AAB80.jpeg.da8ec52553b960909df6ff744a8fbd5b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Absolutely no point signing 

anybody  till the summer, 1, we are not getting relegated, 2 we are not getting into Europe, 3, there is a big chance it will be a different manager come August 

We’re 1 point off a european place , so how have you cone to that conclusion 

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

But I do feel Come the end of season We will see big changes ahead as I’m sure after spending over £100m on a new training facility the powers to be will want a team to compliment such facilities and not want us to finish below mid table but be a top half of the table fighting for European places  ?

Just like puel is

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I like my morning coffee and catch up with the news and sport and of course foxestalk and all it’s various opinions of Puel in out shake it all about but when I see @Bunyip posts I feel like throwing myself off my 4 th floor balcony. You really are the glass half empty sort of guy that makes us all seem upbeat ‘ we’re doomed I’ll tell ye foxtalk we’re doomed ‘

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, biggs said:

Man o man Okazaki put tons of pressure on defensive players often causing the ball turned over for us to counter quickly....not scoring didn't seem to hurt us that magnificent year

Three years ago he was an integral part of that team.

Time has moved on and now he doesn't seem to have the same impact on a game any longer.

26 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

So my point exactly, we beat the better teams we lose to the shitter teams= we do not not get Europe! Point made ?

So man city,Liverpool and Chelsea aren't good enough for Europe? It's what happens when your a mid table team if it didn't then there would be a top 7 not a top 6 

Edited by Attywolf

27 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

So my point exactly, we beat the better teams we lose to the shitter teams= we do not not get Europe! Point made ?

If you get more points than 13 other teams you get into Europe. It doesn't matter who you get those points against.

You could win all your games against the top half and lose every single game to the bottom half - including relegation battlers, and you'd finish with 54 points, which has been enough to get 7th and into Europe the last two seasons, and pretty close most other years. Mix those results up a bit and add in a handful of draws and you'll basically have our season. Likewise with Wolves. who have a similar record

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Three years ago he was an integral part of that team.

Time has moved on and now he doesn't seem to have the same impact on a game any longer.

That may be because Puel doesn't use him in a way that enables him to have an impact. He's no good leading the line and he's not an impact sub, which are the two ways that Puel has used him. If he were deployed in the support striker/attacking midfielder role that Ranieri used him for, he might still be useful for us. I'm sure Vardy wouldn't mind if he was still in the team.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

My opinion I just cannot see us winning another 4 games this season, with who we have left to play, 

A slump in form that bad would mean the end for Puel. However, I don't think it's going to happen. We'll carry on being just as inconsistent for the next 16 games and probably finish around where we are now. The board will then face the same dilemma as Southampton's did a few years ago: whether or not to sack a manager who has just guided the team to a perfectly respectable position but whose style of play is alienating large sections of the fan base.

Edited by ClaphamFox

36 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I like my morning coffee and catch up with the news and sport and of course foxestalk and all it’s various opinions of Puel in out shake it all about but when I see @Bunyip posts I feel like throwing myself off my 4 th floor balcony. You really are the glass half empty sort of guy that makes us all seem upbeat ‘ we’re doomed I’ll tell ye foxtalk we’re doomed ‘

I'm not always so happy, it's just that foxtalk brings out the happy go lucky child in me. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

My opinion I just cannot see us winning another 4 games this season, with who we have left to play, 

With who we have left to play? Have you even looked at the fixture list? We basically still have half the season to go FFS, and to this point despite being woefully inconsistent we've won 9/22, or 41%. At that rate, we're looking at 7 more wins.

Matches where we'll be the clear favourites in bold, matches which could go either way in italics. But as proven, even the other matches we're still in with a decent chance.

Wolves (A)
Liverpool (A)
Man Utd (H)
Spurs (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Brighton (H)
Watford (A)
Fulham (H)
Burnley (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Newcastle (H)