Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lmtiazLCFC4LIFE

We need a bloody striker and attacking midfielder!!!!

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We also sold Mahrez for £60 million and Musa for £15million in that time, meaning he has spent over/close to £100million(?!) in 15 months here! Not exactly pocket change either.

Add to that the fact he already had players like Kasper, Maguire, Chilwell, Vardy, N'didi and so on...  Not sure the net spend thing is that amazing IMO. 

He also already had players like Iheanacho, Silva and Benalouane.

If we hadn't sold players for big money we wouldn't have bought players either.

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We also sold Mahrez for £60 million and Musa for £15million in that time, meaning he has spent over/close to £100million(?!) in 15 months here! Not exactly pocket change either.

Add to that the fact he already had players like Kasper, Maguire, Chilwell, Vardy, N'didi and so on...  Not sure the net spend thing is that amazing IMO. 

We're also expanding the ground and building a training ground.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We're also expanding the ground and building a training ground.

I understand that and the need to tighten the belt makes total sense. 

My point was, I don' think Puel spending £100million in 15 months is somehow a big achievement like others are implying.

He's had a job clearing dead wood and doing a decent job, but he has still spent a fair wack and had a decent starting 11 here with some top players like Maguire, Vardy etc. 

How many other Premier League teams on that list cashed in over £75million from just two player sales. I think the £19 million net figure flatters us a little and helped massively by Mahrez sale.

Good for Top and Rudkin of course, but don't see how Puel spending £100million in 15months is a pat on the back job ? :dunno: 

Edited by STUHILL

Just now, STUHILL said:

I understand that and the need to tighten the belt makes total sense. 

My point was, I don' think Puel spending £100million in 15 months is somehow a big achievement like others are implying.

He's had a job clearing dead wood and doing a decent job, but he has still spent a fair wack and had a decent starting 11 here with some top players like Maguire, Vardy etc. 

How may other Premier League teams on that list cashed in over £75million from just two player sales. I think the £19 million net figure flatters us a little and helped massively by Mahrez sale.

Good for Top and Rudkin of course, but don't see how Puel spending £100million in 15months is a pat on the back job ? :dunno: 

Because we sold our best player and though its impossible for a team like us to replace with anyone anywhere near his quality we have kept our level.  Not sure if we have even improved on it compared to last season?  Not sure how many points we had this time last season?

No s$%% Sherlock, we've known we need an attacking midfielder for ages and someone that can partner Vardy (we all hoped it was Nacho) but that look s doubtful. we can have all the defensive midfielders in the world but we need creativity in midfield

• Haha 1

Of course we could do with more of a goal threat. I know a bit about football and this fact isn't lost on me.  Claude Puel is a Premier League manager with vast experience of football at the highest level across Europe. I'm pretty sure he can see this issue too.  However, I reckon he's been told there's no money to spend in January so he'll just have to get on with what we've got. 

I'm sure it will be a different story in the summer.

4 hours ago, lmtiazLCFC4LIFE said:

Makes me fuming mad ??

It's easy to be when it's not your money. Unless there's a bargain, there's no commercial sense in buying an expensive stop gap now when we can hopefully use the same money towards something better in the summer. They are understandably trying to recoup some of the money they've heavily invested in some flops and let other contracts run out in the summer before they buy. It makes sense as to just keep spending is just not sustainable. With all the money already spent together with commitments to the new training facilities it's a little bit churlish for supporters to whine on about wanting more money for players. They've hardly been like Mike Ashley have they. I'm personally very grateful for what they've put in thus far not forgetting the 100m debts they wrote off early doors. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Because we sold our best player and though its impossible for a team like us to replace with anyone anywhere near his quality we have kept our level.  Not sure if we have even improved on it compared to last season?  Not sure how many points we had this time last season?

After 22 games last season, W8, D6, L8. 30 points. So a point up but really pretty much as you were

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So pretty good, we have officially dealt with the loss of Mahrez thus far. No mean feat

Very much depends how you spin it - after 22 games last season we'd played 8 against the top six, this season 6 so you could argue this season's games are slightly easier. But under Puel the points per game ratio before and after Riyad left is consistent so on the whole I'd say he's managed the departure fairly well.

6 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Okazaki is finished and has never scored or assisted at a decent rate.

Man o man Okazaki put tons of pressure on defensive players often causing the ball turned over for us to counter quickly....not scoring didn't seem to hurt us that magnificent year

No risk of going down, no chance of winning anything, why spend in January when every transfer is panicked, rushed and over inflated? 

I'd love us to sign attackers in every position - striker, some quality wingers, a great creative number 8 to sit next to ONE defensive midfielder. 

But we all know that's a fantasy.