Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well that is just a rumour, if not smiling on the pitch is a sign of a bad attitude then Huth must have been a right ****.

you never saw that wry smile and twinkle in his eye after every ‘ accidental’ elbow?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We had Slimani running around like Vardy. He never had "zero work rate".

And as I said earlier on, there is nobody worse at "moaning" than Kasper who seems to constantly shake his head and seem to claim nothing is his fault. 

I'm personally not claiming he's the answer to our problems - he obviously isn't - but I think a lot of people on here, as usual, are too quick to jump onto a players back. If we actually played Slimani as a target man, gave him service and didn't ask him to run around like a headless chicken in an unsuitable role then maybe he'd score as many as, say, Mitrovic. Again, the latter, isn't a great goalscorer but I always see his name mentioned as a player to go for.

Kasper is vice-captain and GK's generally should be very commanding as they have the best view of the full pitch (I know you are not directly having a go, just defending Slimani).

I agree, Slimani was not lazy, he was just different to Vardy (just like Iheanacho is). They are all different types of strikers. We have been spoilt with a player like Vardy as he has a high work rate and the speed and cheek to go with it, it's what football fans love.

However, I do think Slimani has a little attitude problem, or at least it comes across that way.

Your point about Mitrovic, bit harsh because I do think he is a proven goalscorer, he makes a lot of nothing at Fulham. I think Slimani is very similar and given the service (as you say) he would have been the same for us. Puel has shipped him off for good reason, the current system does not suit him one bit.

I found it strange that I was looking favourably on the signing of Charlie Austin, when Slim is a far better option. With hindsight Slim offers far more than Kelechi (who doesn’t!) and we probably should have kept him in summer. I think he’d have been v useful as an option in home games v Burnley,Cardiff,Saints etc.

i have to admit though, I thought Kelechi was the better option in summer...and I know there are rumours about him being a  disruptive character.