Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That's still only 6 goals. His conversion rate must've been low

It actually wasnt, that 2016/17 season I think he got 8 goals for us in about 14 starts and he also got 5 assists I think. The problem with him was, he picked up niggling injuries when our former picked up and never really played as much as he should.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 09:49, sphericalfox said:

The last thing we need is (assuming you mean group within the squad) the team choosing our transfer targets. DD is I understand devastated regarding his decision to leave now, to which I have some sympathy, but very much like Slimani, we should move on, and not let cliques dictate our squad nor our tactics, nor allow them to to drag their heels to get what they want.

I have zero sympathy for him. The way he acted and forced our hand ultimately leading to the botched Silva transfer means he should never step foot back at our club. I have great respect and admiration for every player who was in the title winning squad, including DD, but that doesn't mean we should take him back. Plus we haven't seen anything from him to show us hes good enough at this level anymore. Barely playing for the past 12 months is going to have affected him. Not to mention his injury issues. And as you rightly say, we should not sign players based on the wishes of some of our squad. And how many who are likely to be here next season actually care about him? I count 3. Vardy, Albrighton and Kasper. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Seems unusual that Slimani is unwanted and upsetting people? :ph34r:

Imagine going from smashing your transfer record on someone described as a model professional in Sala... to signing this absolute waste of Oxygen! 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Makes no difference to us if he annoys Fenerbahce

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Seems unusual that Slimani is unwanted and upsetting people? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Imagine going from smashing your transfer record on someone described as a model professional in Sala... to signing this absolute waste of Oxygen! 

A made up story based around a made up story. lol :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Ahh come on mate... rumours aside it's plainly obvious the blokes got a bad attitude! 

Well that is just a rumour, if not smiling on the pitch is a sign of a bad attitude then Huth must have been a right ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Well that is just a rumour, if not smiling on the pitch is a sign of a bad attitude then Huth must have been a right ****.

I'm basing it more on two loans in a row where he's either not done enough to impress or is doing so little to impress the club he's on loan at are desperately trying to get rid of him! Nothing to do with a smile. 

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm basing it more on two loans in a row where he's either not done enough to impress or is doing so little to impress the club he's on loan at are desperately trying to get rid of him! Nothing to do with a smile. 

What's not performing on the pitch got to do with a bad attitude?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't really know where to go with this one mate, not trying to have a debate about it I just think he has a bad attitude, just like I do with Nacho, and it shows on the pitch... the arm waving, the sulking, the lack of running, the always looking for someone else to blame. Just something that annoys me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Busy day for Betis, bids in for Batshitcrazy, Slimani, Jansen and Perez outcast strikers R Us lol 

buy them all - one has to work

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Have you not seen him play??

He does nothing but moan at his teammates and has zero work rate. Or are you doing the usual devil's advocate role you seem to take in every discussion?