Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani

Shame. He's got a decent record when starting games, just seems don't want to give him a chance. Same people who are calling for us to sign a target man.

If we actually played him as a target man, with a strike partner, I'm convinced he'd be good for us. But it's not going to happen.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm convinced he'd be good for us. But it's not going to happen.

His attitude stinks, He runs like he has skates on ice, failed to deliver numerous times, Failed at Newcastle & Failed at Fenerbahce. The guy is a disaster and proves that he is not good enough at PL level. end of.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

His attitude stinks, He runs like he has skates on ice, failed to deliver numerous times, Failed at Newcastle & Failed at Fenerbahce. The guy is a disaster and proves that he is not good enough at PL level. end of.

His record here is alright. He was never played as a target man though - at least I can't recall - we always seemed to have him running around like Vardy and it's just not his game. Dunno about his attitude, this seems to be aimed at anyone who doesn't work out here.

I'd like to know how many assists he has, also. I recall him getting two in the Manchester City win.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno about his attitude, this seems to be aimed at anyone who doesn't work out here.

The thing i love about Vardy is that he doesnt bitch and moan at his team mates if a delivery doesnt go how he wants, He carries on and plays as a team (together) as unit and doesnt single others out... This season his patience is tested due to the play style doesnt suit him but still.. a professional at best.  Slimani at Pre-season stunk of a bad attitude, complaining and throwing a wobbly, no comparison. The comparison is that Vardy is LCFC and plays as a unit for the entire team and respects the club on the day and Slimani well he wants his goal tally to improve and so he can **** off elsewhere no doubt. who knows.

You either want a Vardy type of player or no one else.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He's not been what you'd call an instant success at Fenerbahçe, has he?

14 league matches, 1 goal.

and Harry Kane was the pits with us but is world class with Spurs.

Slimani has scored goals wherever he's been, it's just clearly not worked for him in Turkey.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He's not been what you'd call an instant success at Fenerbahçe, has he?

14 league matches, 1 goal.

Didn't you use the excuse that Vardy is shit for us this season because of Puel and the system. Perhaps Fenerbahce has the wrong system for him.

I think his stats for us would actually be making him look like our best striker this season. I liked him but understand why most people don't. Culturally his "attitude" doesn't fit in.

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

and Harry Kane was the pits with us but is world class with Spurs.

Slimani has scored goals wherever he's been, it's just clearly not worked for him in Turkey.

Odd comparison. They are/were at completely different ends of their footballing career.

Slimain turns 31 this year, and isn't getting any better with age.

Harry Kane was 20 when he was with us, at the start of his career.

Who knows what could've happened instead, had we been more patient with him. But in the end, it only was a loan spell that was rather disastrous. Not Kane's fault, it just wouldn't work out for him here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FIF said:

Didn't you use the excuse that Vardy is shit for us this season because of Puel and the system. Perhaps Fenerbahce has the wrong system for him.

I think his stats for us would actually be making him look like our best striker this season. I liked him but understand why most people don't. Culturally his "attitude" doesn't fit in.

Compare Slimani (14 league matches, 1 goal)

with

Vardy (18 league matches, 7 league goals)

Makes sense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

£29M worth of shite, why would he be any better than before?

How many times did he actually play up front for us in his proper position?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

He’s failed with us, Newcastle and now Fenebache.  Not quite goals everywhere.

that said he is at least a different option off the bench.

He was injured at Newcastle most of the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FIF said:

We need a target man and Slimani would fit the bill but can't see him coming back to us, never got a chance imo,