Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani

Personally I think he's absolutely suited to the percentage balls that Puel insists we knock into the box every time we get the ball ..... a target man would thrive on the quantity of dross crosses - from the balance of probabilities at least 2-3 of the 4000 times a game the ball is played aimlessly into the box would hit his head and go in.

Although Puel would probably tell him not to venture past the halfway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Personally I think he's absolutely suited to the percentage balls that Puel insists we knock into the box every time we get the ball ..... a target man would thrive on the quantity of dross crosses - from the balance of probabilities at least 2-3 of the 4000 times a game the ball is played aimlessly into the box would hit his head and go in.

Although Puel would probably tell him not to venture past the halfway.

It is strange that in a system that is supposed to have us playing attractive, possession based football - we launch more hopeless balls into the box than I can ever remember. 

Puel may not think we need a target man for his system, but I don't think we've ever needed one more than now!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tuna said:

How many times did he actually play up front for us in his proper position?

Not only that but he's never had more than two successive games, yet still more or less delivered, as far as I can remember. Compare this to any other striker we have bar Vardy. People constantly refer to his attitude off the pitch, yet I'd like to have a solid evidence that he was stinking up the dressing room. 

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would have him back personally based on playing style & what he offers. however   from what I’ve heard he’s a bad egg in the dressing room. Fell out with many of the “leaders” in the group, in-particularly Vards. 

Noticed in the pre-season match against Wolves two years ago, Slim got hurt and suffered a laceration behind his knee. Vards was over to check him out and I remember him picking him up/checking his leg out in such an impersonal way and waving over to the bench - it just didnt look at all comfortable between them

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Noticed in the pre-season match against Wolves two years ago, Slim got hurt and suffered a laceration behind his knee. Vards was over to check him out and I remember him picking him up/checking his leg out in such an impersonal way and waving over to the bench - it just didnt look at all comfortable between them

Yeah exactly, when Mahrez was here. The Algerian click was taking over a bit. Rumours are that the players felt, Slimani was bad talking about the other players whilst in the changing room but in Algerian. Didn’t sit to well with the other lads, to the point Vardy confronted him about it. Eventually started to push himself out more & more within the group. Hence a lot of the time when Slim played the majority of the time he played the ball to Mahrez even if there was better options available.

It left Mahrez in a very uncomfortable position who tried to play the middle man.

Also different subject but wouldn’t be surprised to see DD back at Leicester. Relationship is strained with the board (Jon Rudkin) however the leaders of the group are very much for him coming back. Plays a big role with regards to transfers & keeping everyone happy.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Also different subject but wouldn’t be surprised to see DD back at Leicester. Relationship is strained with the board (Jon Rudkin) however the leaders of the group are very much for him coming back. Plays a big role with regards to transfers & keeping everyone happy.

The last thing we need is (assuming you mean group within the squad) the team choosing our transfer targets. DD is I understand devastated regarding his decision to leave now, to which I have some sympathy, but very much like Slimani, we should move on, and not let cliques dictate our squad nor our tactics, nor allow them to to drag their heels to get what they want.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

The last thing we need is (assuming you mean group within the squad) the team choosing our transfer targets. DD is I understand devastated regarding his decision to leave now, to which I have some sympathy, but very much like Slimani, we should move on, and not let cliques dictate our squad nor our tactics, nor allow them to to drag their heels to get what they want.

It’s way to late for that mate... the relationship is between the players & the owner means they do have a big say on things. Been like that here for years now.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s way to late for that mate... the relationship is between the players & the owner means they do have a big say on things. Been like that here for years now.

I'm more than aware of it. And people wonder why managers fail and we inevitably stagnate.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 21:45, Tuna said:

How many times did he actually play up front for us in his proper position?

And your point is? He is crap and anyone who valued him as proved they haven't a clue. 

You might also ask what has he done at Fenerbache?

On 18/01/2019 at 12:31, sylofox said:

So you've not seen him on the pitch bitching moaning and complaining about everything others do. The guy is a cock and total waste of money. 

We could have spent half that money and got more for it. 

Kasper is the worse at this. It's never his fault. He blames everyone else first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's not coming back here but if he stays on loan and Silva, king, leave and iborra has gone already..... maybe...just maybe we can get one or two in...also benaluane has gone we must have some targets in mind otherwise it's promoting more youth

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

On 19/01/2019 at 18:45, Fox92 said:

Kasper is the worse at this. It's never his fault. He blames everyone else first.

I am not sure about him thinking it’s never his fault but berating his defence is largely a keeper’s role as they can see the balance and formation laid out in front of them much more clearly than others. This means that they will be able to spot why the opposition player was able to get into position to score and tell everyone how to stop it happening again and sometimes shouting is the only way to be heard on the field of play.

On 19/01/2019 at 18:45, Fox92 said:

He is more of a captain getting his team in order, most keepers are like. At least he says something and takes a lead, something the actual club captain regularly fails to do.