Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani

Slim is absolute crap on the floor but the guy can head the ball. Play it to his feet he shouts at everyone and throws his arms in the air when he fcuks it up.  But put it on his head and he’s one of the better players I have seen in the air alongside Andy carol   Need to see what he brings to the team if he comes back 

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

one thing he was good at was heading and we need someone like that right now big time, everything else he's useless at but we mainly just send lots of crosses in for JV lol 

You say he was good at heading but I remember at least 2 occasions he missed sitters in the 6 yard box with his head. Don't remember him scoring many. 

We were stupid to let him and Ulloa go without a replacement but that's our recruitment at the moment unfortunately

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He is more of a captain getting his team in order, most keepers are like. At least he says something and takes a lead, something the actual club captain regularly fails to do.

You don't need to be a shouter and ranter on the pitch to be a good captain

2 hours ago, crazies said:

Slim is absolute crap on the floor but the guy can head the ball. Play it to his feet he shouts at everyone and throws his arms in the air when he fcuks it up.  But put it on his head and he’s one of the better players I have seen in the air alongside Andy carol   Need to see what he brings to the team if he comes back 

I thought his touch started to improve, when he first played it was awful. But it started picking up and I remember him linking up really well in quite a lot of games towards the end of the first season.

2 hours ago, crazies said:

That goal against Liverpool was a cracker though 

Still think he's a decent player and a good option but if it's true that the guy's a **** and the other players despise him then it doesn't matter how good he is, keep him away. If team spirit goes then you're ****ed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Still think he's a decent player and a good option but if it's true that the guy's a **** and the other players despise him then it doesn't matter how good he is, keep him away. If team spirit goes then you're ****ed.

What is the speculation about what he's apparently done/said?

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

You say he was good at heading but I remember at least 2 occasions he missed sitters in the 6 yard box with his head. Don't remember him scoring many. 

We were stupid to let him and Ulloa go without a replacement but that's our recruitment at the moment unfortunately

Vardy is decent at penalties but I remember him missing atleast a handful.

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The majority of his goals for us were headers? I think he only scored about 2 league goals for us that werent headers.

2 vs Burnley

1 vs West Brom

1 vs Porto

1 vs West Ham

1 vs Sunderland

• Haha 1

Was a lot better than some of the dross we’ve had in the past but like most players at this club, 1 or 2 poor performances and they are boo’d (mostly because they aren’t Jamie Vardy) and they lose their confidence. He scored some very important goals, and an absolute screamer against Liverpool but is apparently crap with his feet... 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Was a lot better than some of the dross we’ve had in the past but like most players at this club, 1 or 2 poor performances and they are boo’d (mostly because they aren’t Jamie Vardy) and they lose their confidence. He scored some very important goals, and an absolute screamer against Liverpool but is apparently crap with his feet... 

His goal vs Huddersfield last season was delightful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The majority of his goals for us were headers? I think he only scored about 2 league goals for us that werent headers.

2 vs Burnley

1 vs West Brom

1 vs Porto

1 vs West Ham

1 vs Sunderland

That's still only 6 goals. His conversion rate must've been low

I will always appreciate him for scoring that goal against Porto in our first Champions League home game. What a night.

Just a shame it's not worked out for him. I hope there's some truth in that story of us loaning him to Cardiff. Would be good for all parties.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1