Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

£50 million pounds - An absolute joke.

6 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

How many games do you actually go too? How many times did you see him play live? 

If it's 1 or more then there is no way t9u could have come to that conclusion because quite frankly he isn't even championship quality.

He has been the worst signing for 3 clubs in a row, yet some fans think he is decent? It a amazing how players are suddenly great when they aren't playing. I remember when people were calling for hamer to play ahead of kasper because "he wasn't given a chance"

Early that season I only made Porto and Club Brugge due to work but I've seen him play for us live, saw plenty of televised games. He was alright considering the state of the team around him - scored a few important goals, had a reasonable output. Probably not worth the 30m but to say he's been the worst signing for three clubs in a row when he wasn't even the worst signing we made that summer (remember we signed Musa, Zieler and Hernandez that summer) is nonsense.

As to the comments about Hamer vs Kasper... Where did I say I'd want him back? Nowhere. I simply said he looked fine under the management team that signed him, and hasn't fitted the two managers since. If you think 4 months isn't enough of a return for a signing, maybe consider how important stability is

39 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11612738/the-hidden-costs-of-transfers-and-contracts-revealed

Reading this earlier, it could be we haven’t paid anywhere near the figures for Silva and Slimani upfront

Might be why Silva isn’t featuring recently.

Also could read Into it that the fees we got for Kante and Mahrez may also be lined with theses sort of additional add-one so didn’t receive the huge amounts quoted originally.

Yes it’s very unlikely the full reported price will ever get paid.Does make you wonder why players allow their contracts to have these clauses written into them,ie extra fee after a certain amount of games.

31 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes it’s very unlikely the full reported price will ever get paid.Does make you wonder why players allow their contracts to have these clauses written into them,ie extra fee after a certain amount of games.

It's how players like Kante can put in a release clause. Also shows why deals fail. Players may be happy to sign for a club in principle. But this shows how much can go wrong including a 14sec delay. 

19 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Performed...... well? Did he? Are you on the same stuff as the scouts that wrote the reports? 

That first season he played in 23 league games, 1280 minutes, the equivalent of just over 14 full games. Scored 7, assisted 4. Goal every 183 minutes, assist every 320 minutes. Given a full season (90 minutes every match) that'd be 18 goals and 10 assists. His on pitch return was pretty good, and if he could have stayed fit and kept it going, he'd have been worth 30m. However, he couldn't stay fit and didn't fit in under new managers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Collymore said:

I was just thinking how utterly ridiculous it was to have spent £50 million pounds on Slimani and Silva and neither of them are being utilised in any capacity and we just all accept that it didn't work out.

How the hell do you sit down and agree to spend £50m on two players and then just bin them and have nobody accountable for the whole debacle?

That's the kind of money that you build a team around but we have some how just brushed them under the carpet like they never happened. I'm sorry for this sudden out burst but it just came into my head and it made me rage. 

50 ****ING million and no plan to even try to make them work! 

19 hours ago, Collymore said:

I couldn't agree more.

On 26/01/2019 at 20:29, Collymore said:

I was just thinking how utterly ridiculous it was to have spent £50 million pounds on Slimani and Silva and neither of them are being utilised in any capacity and we just all accept that it didn't work out.

How the hell do you sit down and agree to spend £50m on two players and then just bin them and have nobody accountable for the whole debacle?

That's the kind of money that you build a team around but we have some how just brushed them under the carpet like they never happened. I'm sorry for this sudden out burst but it just came into my head and it made me rage. 

And I suppose you'd do a better job? 

I feel theres more blame towards the club when really,.. it should be aimed towards the players not performing at a level capable in the PL and adapting. In defence to the club how were they supposed to know that the buys were going to flop? Slimani's/Silvas record at sporting is impressive so the price tag at the time seemed reasonable i guess.

In defence of the player, its not just adapting to the new league/team style but its the new surroundings, A players life is quite a lonely one and to move to a new country and being in immediate pressure to perform is f~cking hardwork mentally! Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, The club and players failed eachother.

Edited by Simoken

On 26/01/2019 at 20:29, Collymore said:

Its easy to say this after the event but there have been circumstances that have occurred.

When Slimani arrived I was very surprised, largely because I didnt think he wouldnt get in the team as a regular starter in front of Vardy. Playing two out and out starters isnt the way most play these days and despite trying it didnt work. Dont get me wrong, much of what he does I actually like but his age and the fee dictated we needed instant results. He was then in and out of the team and with changes of management and approach he has been punted out. On paper though he should have done well but it was a gamble for someone his age.

Silva is the one I really feel sorry for. Again, he was signed within those peak footballing years. When signing him I instantly thought he was what we needed, some experience and know how to help out the likes of Ndidi. However the governing bodies ruined him for us. I think missing the deadline by seconds and making the bloke not kick a competitive football for over months was not only scandalous but helped mess the player up. Imagine the mental torture to be of peak age in a World Cup season and be told you cant play for months. I think it took it out of him.

I wouldnt criticise the club though as they made sense when we signed them, especially coming off the back of the riches gained by winning the prem and the Champions League run. The excitement around when we signed them both was high but they have both been transfer failures. However, we almost made double there fees by the transfer profit from the sale of Mahrez and Kante so I wouldnt be so harsh on the club. Finally, we wont be giving them free transfers so we will recoup a bit of cash back when they leave so its not all bad.