Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

£50 million pounds - An absolute joke.

I was just thinking how utterly ridiculous it was to have spent £50 million pounds on Slimani and Silva and neither of them are being utilised in any capacity and we just all accept that it didn't work out.

How the hell do you sit down and agree to spend £50m on two players and then just bin them and have nobody accountable for the whole debacle?

That's the kind of money that you build a team around but we have some how just brushed them under the carpet like they never happened. I'm sorry for this sudden out burst but it just came into my head and it made me rage. 

50 ****ING million and no plan to even try to make them work! 

• Like 4

Slimani was 3 managers ago and played under the management that signed him plenty, he just doesn't fit the current team and system. Silva is a farce, although again signed by a different manager - some players just don't fit for different managers. The criticism with the Silva move is that he was never available for the manager that wanted him, there's nothing really to be said of the Slimani deal

• Like 1

It’s not our money, it’s not even real money, it’s all part of the sky money machine. Take the sky money out of the equation and No player on earth is really worth 10 million quid, the clubs only pay that sort of money because they’ve got it. I think Wimbledon are proving that point at the moment.

Edited by yorkie1999

Both could still work with games, and the right system, and a manager that believes in them.

Slimani when he was played had a decent scoring record with us if my memory serves me right, and we are crying out for a slimani type player when teams sit in, and we resort to throwing aimless balls into vardy

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just checking .......did you have an opinion on these signings at the time ???

I did, I thought slimani would be a decent player for us but I couldn’t work out why everyone was raving about silva because he was the wrong silva, the other one was the world class one, not the one we bought

Big money signings like that are high risk/high reward signings. They work they're absolute world beaters, anything other than that it's a failure. Small money signings like Evans, most of the time are low risk and you might get a good player out of it but they're very unlikely to be world class within a few years.