Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

£50 million pounds - An absolute joke.

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

I was just thinking how utterly ridiculous it was to have spent £50 million pounds on Slimani and Silva and neither of them are being utilised in any capacity and we just all accept that it didn't work out.

How the hell do you sit down and agree to spend £50m on two players and then just bin them and have nobody accountable for the whole debacle?

That's the kind of money that you build a team around but we have some how just brushed them under the carpet like they never happened. I'm sorry for this sudden out burst but it just came into my head and it made me rage. 

50 ****ING million and no plan to even try to make them work! 

6F045B7B-0484-4446-8703-AB2B0832307A.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guest said:

It happens, we're not the first and won't be the last to spend over the odds on players who either aren't that good or don't fit into a manager's plans. "Accept that it didn't work out" is pretty much all we can do, isn't it?

It's just a part of the business of football. I actually think that the fails exceed the successes most of the time in the Prem but while LCFC have had some fails, they have had some amazing successes . Kante, Drinkwater & Mahrez made us a few bob and Maguire, Ndidi and Maddison are definitely paying off. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm more amazed that it's 26th January and we still haven't signed one player.

Just recalled Harvey Barnes back from another successful Championship loan spell but that hardly counts of course!

Just show how half baked our recruitment policy was over the last few years.

We need a strategy moving forwards and a manager we are going to back to bring players in who will fit that strategy.

I think we are now moving in the right direction in this regard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Nothing surprises me any more with our appalling recruitment policy since 2016.

Who recruited the Recruitment Team?  He or they should be binned off for starters:ph34r:

What gets me Slimani and Silva would of been watched numerous times, so what made our recruitment team think they was actually good enough.

I get that Slimani was a panic buy, but Silva is so lightweight he would of never suited the hustle and bustle of the prem.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

What gets me Slimani and Silva would of been watched numerous times, so what made our recruitment team think they was actually good

enough.

I think the recreational substances may have played a part in this.....I am told such  substance can fry the brain making the person hallucinate and see things that are unreal.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Big money signings like that are high risk/high reward signings. They work they're absolute world beaters, anything other than that it's a failure. Small money signings like Evans, most of the time are low risk and you might get a good player out of it but they're very unlikely to be world class within a few years.

Excellently put mate

14 hours ago, Collymore said:

I was just thinking how utterly ridiculous it was to have spent £50 million pounds on Slimani and Silva and neither of them are being utilised in any capacity and we just all accept that it didn't work out.

How the hell do you sit down and agree to spend £50m on two players and then just bin them and have nobody accountable for the whole debacle?

That's the kind of money that you build a team around but we have some how just brushed them under the carpet like they never happened. I'm sorry for this sudden out burst but it just came into my head and it made me rage. 

50 ****ING million and no plan to even try to make them work! 

And some "forum-experts" laugh at Burnley !!

36 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

All Premier League clubs have bought players that don't work out . Its not just Leicester City syndrome . It's a lottery bringing in players who have not played in the premier league . That's the way it is . That's the way it will always be . 

Agree. Moreover we aren't a top 6 club; we don't have the luxury of bringing in a genuinely world class player who will have a much higher probability of succeeding in the premier league. Even in this case, players like Morata, Jorginho and Alexis Sanchez serve as proof that a slight misjudgment of how that player will fit into the system can lead to an overall lack of effectiveness. The overarching theme of this post seems, however, that we detracted massively from our policy of investing in young, hungry players with a desire to 'make it' as such. I feel that we're returning to that policy more recently, with Maddison, Soyuncu and Benkovic all showing promise. Someone like Che Adams would be a worthwhile investment on that logic too and fits the club's strategy, irrespective of Puel's future involvement. 

51 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

All Premier League clubs have bought players that don't work out . Its not just Leicester City syndrome . It's a lottery bringing in players who have not played in the premier league . That's the way it is . That's the way it will always be . 

I agree to a point, but with Slimani, he has a terrible first touch, got no pace, and for a big guy wasn’t that good in the air, for £30 million you would expect more.

56 minutes ago, dayday said:

I agree to a point, but with Slimani, he has a terrible first touch, got no pace, and for a big guy wasn’t that good in the air, for £30 million you would expect more.

I 100% agree, but its a lottery , after Kante , its hard to accept failure but its going to happen to all clubs again and again . 

Edited by jamesmilner

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11612738/the-hidden-costs-of-transfers-and-contracts-revealed

Reading this earlier, it could be we haven’t paid anywhere near the figures for Silva and Slimani upfront

Might be why Silva isn’t featuring recently.

Also could read Into it that the fees we got for Kante and Mahrez may also be lined with theses sort of additional add-one so didn’t receive the huge amounts quoted originally.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Well it wasn't. He performed well then was surplus to requirements with new managers, it happens.

How many games do you actually go too? How many times did you see him play live? 

If it's 1 or more then there is no way t9u could have come to that conclusion because quite frankly he isn't even championship quality.

He has been the worst signing for 3 clubs in a row, yet some fans think he is decent? It a amazing how players are suddenly great when they aren't playing. I remember when people were calling for hamer to play ahead of kasper because "he wasn't given a chance"