Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 minute ago, Buce said:

That would depend on the question asked; it has been suggested it would be a binary choice between May's deal and Remain.

I read an article talking about all the possible variation of questions and it hurt my head. This seems the most sensible option to me... 

I am a remainer, but I am not comfortable at the thought of Brexit being rejected outright without going back to consult with the people. 

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

A second referendum is looking inevitable now.

I don't know about inevitable but the options are certainly becoming fewer/clearer, so it's odds increase. 

As things stand, I wouldn't want to bet on the EU granting the extension (that will be voted for tomorrow) so it's going to be revoke or crash out.  Squeaky bum time.

The EU might grant an extension for another referendum though.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Salty Brexiteers kicking off all over social media about a slim majority of MPs voting for the No Deal vote.

Stop MOANING, you LOST!

Get OVER it!

DEMOCRACY! 

Also, that absolute sh*tehawk Rees-Mogg saying that the rejection of no-deal Brexit isn't law so we don't have to follow that vote.

Guess what, you f**king fart... The 2016 referendum was only advisory too.

Can't stand Rees-Mogg.  I listened to him.  He's so arrogant.  Can't stand him.  And then Farage reappears and bangs on about his veto.  lol

Whatever.

4 minutes ago, PloTok said:

I don't know about inevitable but the options are certainly becoming fewer/clearer, so it's odds increase. 

As things stand, I wouldn't want to bet on the EU granting the extension (that will be voted for tomorrow) so it's going to be revoke or crash out.  Squeaky bum time.

The EU might grant an extension for another referendum though.

I always thought that we weren’t able to get an extension unless it were for some significant reason like the referendum or a general election. 

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

A GE is likely but I still wouldn't bet against May's deal getting through on the third attempt. 

If Bercow allows it. There is talk that the speaker is within their rights to prevent the same question being asked again. 

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can't stand Rees-Mogg.  I listened to him.  He's so arrogant.  Can't stand him.  And then Farage reappears and bangs on about his veto.  lol

Whatever.

He’s my in laws MP. Awful man.

A friend of mine in Jess Phillips constituency was saying she and Jacob are mates and go drinking together. Surely he got that wrong - can’t imagine a less likely pairing!

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Certainly up for the European Elections mind. Let's send some absolute bastards over.

We've already sent BNP MEPs and Farage.

How much worse can we do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He’s my in laws MP. Awful man.

A friend of mine in Jess Phillips constituency was saying she and Jacob are mates and go drinking together. Surely he got that wrong - can’t imagine a less likely pairing!

Awful man? Why? I get nor agreeing with him but why an awful man?

Him and JP have done quite a few shows together so it wouldn't surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

We've already sent BNP MEPs and Farage.

How much worse can we do?

Under PR we could probably end up with Tommy Robinson going in June, given how close him and Batten are.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Awful man? Why? I get nor agreeing with him but why an awful man?

Him and JP have done quite a few shows together so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Under PR we could probably end up with Tommy Robinson going in June, given how close him and Batten are.

Presumably, his criminal convictions would preclude it.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Thanks, glad I wasn’t imagining that one. That seems to have been glossed over lately. 

I think you are underestimating the EU's desire for us to remain a member.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Buce said:

Presumably, his criminal convictions would preclude it.

No idea, it certainly doesn't over here - the Labour MP jailed a couple of months ago voted tonight whilst under curfew.

Just now, MattP said:

No idea, it certainly doesn't over here - the Labour MP jailed a couple of months ago voted tonight whilst under curfew.

I think there is probably a difference if you have already been elected.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Buce said:

I think there is probably a difference if you have already been elected.

Just had a look, fine to stand in EU elections providing you aren't currently in prison serving a sentence of six months or more. 

Good to see it upholds the highest of standards lol

Just now, MattP said:

Just had a look, fine to stand in EU elections providing you aren't currently in prison serving a sentence of six months or more. 

Good to see it upholds the highest of standards lol

You gloated too soon, mate: lol

Under the Representation of the People Act 1981, you are disqualified from becoming a member of the House of Commons if you have been found guilty of an offence and sentenced to more than one year in prison, and are currently detained as a result of that offence.

Once you are released from prison, you are not prevented from standing for election as an MP.

Technically, you are also able to stand for election while you are in prison, so long as the sentence is one year or less.

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/member-of-parliament/

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Not at all! Just doesn’t seem to have been spoken about in the context of an extension. 

There was an unconfirmed quote from Merkel this morning in which she said, 'no problem'.

Or I may have dreamed it...

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think you are underestimating the EU's desire for us to remain a member.

It crossed my mind. The EU could in effect force remain, not that I'm sure they want to. They've not planned it like that either methinks, it's largely due to the UK's laxity.