Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

Cut the BS and tell the people straight what they are/are not voting for.

I'm absolutely fed up with one MP saying one thing, one MP saying something else and no one saying it straight as it is.  And May avoiding answering any question fired at her in a straight and honest way.

Total shambles.

Interesting to see the biggest cheer was for the second vote.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The nose have it, the nose have it

The bloody nose have it.

I really can’t see that there’s any point in an extension, what do they think they can achieve going forward that hasn’t already been rejected by the EU?

Surely even a new PM and new EU reps after the EU elections will not get any better deal.

• Like 3

As a proud Brit, I'm completely embarrassed by the way this whole debacle has been handled.

Never felt so let down by the whole system, house of commons and our elected MP's as I do right now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm absolutely fed up with one MP saying one thing, one MP saying something else and no one saying it straight as it is.  And May avoiding answering any question fired at her in a straight and honest way.

Total shambles.

This is just it though isn’t it. No one really knows what these **** are talking about. Idiots hanging around Westminster pretending they know what they’re voting for ?? what a bloody circus. 

No idea why I'm still watching this shit show when there's CL football on. 

Andrea Leadsom is a car crash. Just answering questions by reading from a script. She hasn't got a clue. Embarrassing

20 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

The public voted for Turkey for Christmas and then the vote was passed over to the Turkeys to decide the best way forward.

The public voted for the 'easiest deal in history'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Total shambles.

We found King Dick,when we needed him,around the KP...

Where the hell is Guy Fawkes when we need him....

But you reap the harvest you sow,empathy from the electorate not realising or understanding the Eu..

Incompetent politicians in high office,who still carried on the blame-factor path,once the country decided they wanted to leave.

I still insist Johnson & Grove were placed paper puppets,and were never committed Brexiteers..

I wanted remain, but the Brexiteer have been let down,by corrupt deliberate mis-information ,hiding behind dithering- politics...

The worst is,no new consevative,not opposition party,are honourable enough to take The UK through a Brexit....

There is no such thing has a British-Brexiteer-politician,that is competent or capable of leading,supporting the Electorate.

They never had that mind-set..basta!!!  Nigel Farage was just that fly in the ointment,a mosquito trying to find a hole in the netz...

British politics imploded when the Electorate voted out!!!!  The leaders had lost  never had an whole netz ..And they still didn't understand!!!!

On either side of the political divide....!!!

And I am sorry..that argument that most people didn't really know,what the implication meant!!! 

No,no but again sorry, from all my aquaintances,remainer and Brexiteers argued the toss over many nights/weekends before the referenderum!!

Including the Irish issue,the live stock &fisheries and fresh produce regulations and following implications....The immigration and asylum rights!!!

If you didnt....that was your problem...!!I

Oh and you could of made The EU democratic by taking part in the elections,and issues. Mind you also all around the continent very few nation's man-on-the-street,very few did/do!!

The first arguments & discussions were smoke and mirrors,with some understanding that some issues had to be clarified...but these last 6 months

has just been plain arrogance if not downright stupidity or Brexiteers would have the right to question..maybe corrupt ideology from May & her backers.

The electorate have been left rudderless,without true mandate!!!

Just remember this if a government can't put the major issues on paper,so the Electorate canunderstand them...

puts them at the same level has a Banana-republic,or 2nd hand car salesmam....The media front people &journalist have also been dumbstruck,and also have been speaking just like a full-size empty vessels..! 

Plus because of Cameron's resignation,I actually believe the conservatives are fearful of forcing a 2nd one in this short term of office!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

So the way I see it...

No deal is voted down tomorrow and taken off the table.  Apparently this takes our negotiating position away from the EU but yet we haven't negotiated anything of note in the last month with it on the table.  So, what difference to the negotiating stance does this leave us with anyway?  None that I can see.

The following day an extension is voted on - outcome unknown.  The EU could easily come back and not allow an extension.  Extending does what for the deal exactly?  We're now told it's a dead deal so what's the point continuing to extend on a deal which is dead?

May is clueless and Corbyn hasn't got a clue how to mount a decent opposition.

Shambles.

• Like 2

Legally and practically, 'no deal' can't be taken off the table. May is right about that. No-deal is a consequence of, well, no deal. 

I expect a vote against no deal tomorrow, but I'm not sure where that leaves the UK. Out of time to agree another deal, they'll have to revoke, extend or crash out. I'm not sure there's a desire in the EU to allow an extension, not just to give the UK more time to not agree with itself anyway. Some substantial change has to happen; May's got to go, a general election or another referendum - I can't see the EU agreeing to an extension for anything less.

Edited by PloTok

The great religion of Brexit collapsing under the weight of its own contradictions, but true believers will still blame betrayal by traitors, not sticking to the one true Brexit, etc.

The Good Friday agreement is incompatible with exiting the Customs Union, something that apparently wasn’t discussed much during the referendum. This fact alone merits a second referendum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Total shambles.

I've had enough of this too, but nothing will change with a GE. The Cons were voted in on a manifesto that said they were committed to leaving, but at least a third of their MPs want us to remain.

Bear in mind that MPs will be voting tomorrow to not leave on 29th March with No Deal, not to take No Deal off the table completely. They will likely face the same situation as today in May unless Parliament acts to change anything. 

Of course, they've already voted for No Deal at least 4 times. 

1 hour ago, PloTok said:

Legally and practically, 'no deal' can't be taken off the table. May is right about that. No-deal is a consequence of, well, no deal. 

I expect a vote against no deal tomorrow, but I'm not sure where that leaves the UK. Out of time to agree another deal, they'll have to revoke, extend or crash out. I'm not sure there's a desire in the EU to allow an extension, not just to give the UK more time to not agree with itself anyway. Some substantial change has to happen; May's got to go, a general election or another referendum - I can't see the EU agreeing to an extension for anything less.

I guess the only way it could practically be implemented with 100% certainty is by us retracting on Article 50, hence no longer needing a deal.

The longer this goes on the more I think that its impossible to find a solution without compromising on either free movement of labour or protecting Northern Ireland. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I guess the only way it could practically be implemented with 100% certainty is by us retracting on Article 50, hence no longer needing a deal.

The longer this goes on the more I think that its impossible to find a solution without compromising on either free movement of labour or protecting Northern Ireland. 

Controlling free movement was always going to require a giving up a lot considering there is no restriction on FoM in Switzerland or Norway. Looks like the number of EU citizens in the UK is falling anyway so it seems increasingly irrelevant. And I'm surprised Brexiters are surprised the EU is sticking up for Ireland considering they were the ones that constantly remind us the EU is a "political project" not an economic one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Controlling free movement was always going to require a giving up a lot considering there is no restriction on FoM in Switzerland or Norway. Looks like the number of EU citizens in the UK is falling anyway so it seems increasingly irrelevant. And I'm surprised Brexiters are surprised the EU is sticking up for Ireland considering they were the ones that constantly remind us the EU is a "political project" not an economic one. 

Indeed, and the difficulty Theresa May faces is that restriction of free movement was a major factor for Leavers. She's frustrating me with delaying the votes and not showing willing to compromise, but at the same time I do think she has an impossible job.