Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

The DUP surely won't swallow this and the ERG are looking for their reaction for guidance. I believe Brexit is now dead and buried, well at least we won't have to lsten to that annoying cnut shouting his 'No Brexit' chants outside parliament for too much longer.

Suggestions that the DUP might abstain on tonight's vote.... asbtain!!?? How any MP/Party can't abstain in a situation like this is beyond me. To my mind, if - as an elected representative - you don't have an opinion then you can fek right off. 

Edited by PloTok

Guest MattP
Just now, Kopfkino said:

Well if the ERG do vote against tonight (still without any reason that stands up to mild scrutiny) there must surely be a GE which I’m now confident the Conservatives will end up handing Corbyn the keys to power.

Recent polling suggests a Tory majority but it's one hell of a risk to take. 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Think it’s genuinely evens which way it’d go but Labour are clearly a far better campaign machine and the Conservatives have no chance of fighting with any unity. Probably depends if Labour go 2nd ref or renegotiate their own version or a combination of the two.

In backing Brady amendment at the end of January, she promised to guarantee beyond any doubt that the backstop could not be forever.

She has failed.

That means too few Tory Brexiter MPs will change their mind that her form of Brexit is a pact with the EU that no proudly independent nation could ever sign. Even Northern Ireland’s DUP MPs, who seem desperate to cease their opposition to the PM’s deal and really want to back the PM at the last, will struggle to justify doing so.

There will be no route to victory for her and meaningful vote tonight - which she will lose.

Does she work with parliament to take a no-deal Brexit off the table - or stick to her own official policy and work against MPs who want a different Brexit or even no Brexit at all? And would she take this latest humiliation on the chin (yet again)?

She has done what she can to execute the revealed "will" of the British people to leave the EU. It's time for her to go.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What’s the alternative?

Even as a fervent anti-Tory Labour voter, even I struggle to see the alternative at the moment... But I love the excitement of a GE. Bring it on.
Edited by RoboFox

I think we're down to either a No deal or Remain as I cannot see anyone be it Labour or the Tories with a new leader getting anything better than May's Deal therefore there's no point in any extension

Labour could of course get a 'worst' deal (as in remain in the customs union etc) but I doubt they'll get enough votes in parliament even after a GE.

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

In backing Brady amendment at the end of January, she promised to guarantee beyond any doubt that the backstop could not be forever.

She has failed.

That means too few Tory Brexiter MPs will change their mind that her form of Brexit is a pact with the EU that no proudly independent nation could ever sign. Even Northern Ireland’s DUP MPs, who seem desperate to cease their opposition to the PM’s deal and really want to back the PM at the last, will struggle to justify doing so.

There will be no route to victory for her and meaningful vote tonight - which she will lose.

Does she work with parliament to take a no-deal Brexit off the table - or stick to her own official policy and work against MPs who want a different Brexit or even no Brexit at all? And would she take this latest humiliation on the chin (yet again)?

She has done what she can to execute the revealed "will" of the British people to leave the EU. It's time for her to go.

Even as a fervent anti-Tory Labour voter, even I struggle to see the alternative at the moment... But I love the excitement of a GE. Bring it on.

It’s deadlock, she can’t push this deal through, one way or another the public needs to choose.

30 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

She'll survive, she always does. 

If she wants to that is. We could well be moving into an area that she has said she does not support, i.e. extension of A50. I'm not sure how strong her will to protect 'the will of the people' is. She's obviously tired, and quite probably and understandably pig sick of trying to get Brexit to mean Brexit. It would not surprise me if she threw in the towel.

Whilst I do not agree with her on much of what she does (as PM or in her previous role) I do admire her stamina, drive and single mindedness. Further, I do think that in some sense she's right. I do think she is pretty darned close to having interpreted correctly the 'will of the people' and has done her very best to present that in her deal. On that basis alone, I think I would vote for her deal, and I say that as someone who wants to remain in Europe.  It actually stuns me to be saying this!

• Like 1

If there's a general election and Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott end up in power, every terrorist organisation in the world will celebrate, and the UK could lurch away from US influence and towards Moscow. Elections are indeed exciting, but the next one could bring grave dangers to this country, if we are not very careful about who we elect. Be anti-Tory by all means, but please don't allow 2 Marxists and someone who can't even add up to run the country.  

• Like 1

Besides, it's only the withdrawal deal. The real meat and potatoes is in the agreements that follow; those that define the future relationship with the EU. If it wasn't for the backstop and the understandable considerations around it, I don't think there'd be much problem in May's withdrawal deal passing. And on that, she offered the option of extending the transition (to avoid falling into the backstop) should the people of the island of Ireland so wish.

52 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

She'll survive, she always does. She could walk up to the Queen and slap her round the face and I'd expect she'd still be at the next PMQs

Mainly because not one of them would pick up the poison chalice. She is best left there until they can blame her for the mess we get in post brexit

It's moot anyhow. Looks like both the ERG and the DUP will not be voting for... I can't see May's going to have the votes. 'No deal' won't be acceptable and an extension will be.... but what will the EU say to an extension?  This is cliff edge stuff!

18 minutes ago, PloTok said:

It's moot anyhow. Looks like both the ERG and the DUP will not be voting for... I can't see May's going to have the votes. 'No deal' won't be acceptable and an extension will be.... but what will the EU say to an extension?  This is cliff edge stuff!

Iirc that frenchie macron whatever said that unless there's a different approach before asking for an extension the frenchies will say no, so it would then be a pretty chaotic no-deal. 

Should be an entertaining couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Revoke A50 then a GE with manifestos based on EXACTLY what the fvck you ACTUALLY want to do next.  No more fudge, no more blind faith, no more smoke and mirrors.

Has to be agreed with the EU prior to the election.

Option to remain cannot be included neither can no deal.  Its time for everyone (not just politicians but the public too) to grow up.

The namecalling, petty squabbling, political point scoring, fake promises, bullshit arguments have to stop.  If not, we’re stuck in this god damn cycle forever.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 16:29, Wymeswold fox said:

I personally believe that the government should limit the number of hoodies that certain retailers sell to youngsters etc (such as Sports Direct), particularly in areas of high-levels of stabbing incidents particularly in London.

Quite clearly, hoodies are often associated with organised gangs and hence they see them as a way of hiding part of their physical identify.

Might sound daft, this idea, but if the number of hoodies sold by well-known clothing retailers and the like are restricted - wouldn't be surprised to see the number of knife crimes in particular decrease.

Hoodies etc allow the offenders to commit their crime and run away from the scene without CCTV cameras, victims and witnesses fully seeing what they look hide and hence allows the offender the opportunity to get away with the offence and unlikely to get caught within a swift response.

Can't stand them, as well.

Another corker there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2