Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

5 minutes ago, PloTok said:

By my understanding, party loyalties and whips aside, it's a clean slate. MPs simply vote again as if it were a new question asked for the first time.

IF the speaker allows the same motion to be moved again that is. Apparently, the speaker is within their rights to refuse the re-tabling of the same motion. I don't think Bercow would exercise that right though, there'd be uproar!

Because he hates being the centre of attention right? :ph34r:

Thinking about it, there's something quite absurd about May continuing to hold meaningful votes until she wins one, despite humiliating losses each time. 

Whilst still insisting we're forever bound to honour a three year old result of which the 52:48 majority is flimsy at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Thinking about it, there's something quite absurd about May continuing to hold meaningful votes until she wins one, despite humiliating losses each time. 

Whilst still insisting we're forever bound to honour a three year old result of which the 52:48 majority is flimsy at best.

Yep. Keep voting till you get the right result. 

Where have we heard that accusation before?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yep. Keep voting till you get the right result. 

Where have we heard that accusation before?

Right here....

3 hours ago, PloTok said:

There's no doubt that May's deal would pick up more votes on its 3rd outing (oh the irony; talk about trying until you get the 'right' result!)

;)

Edited by PloTok
  • Like 1

Credit where it's due though, May is a tireless trier. Some managers would want her in their midfield. Not perhaps particularly creative but industrious, methodical and efficient. I'm trying to think of a comparison but at the same time not wanting to entertain the question!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

She is due no credit at all - stubborn pig-headedness is not a virtue, it is a weakness.

She has consistently put party before country which has resulted in a Brexit deal that suits neither side, and history will not view her favourably.

Yeah but she isn't Corbyn so that wins her a lot of favour without doing anything.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah but she isn't Corbyn so that wins her a lot of favour without doing anything.

Yeah.

If only he had better legs and dressed more smartly. :rolleyes:

Another interpretation of MV3 might be 'are we nearly there yet?'... when in fact the car is still going around the ring road.

A couple of interesting amendments (imho anyway) on the table;

1) Sarah Wollaston's amendment for a second referendum, and

2) Chris Bryant’s saying May can't put her deal to the Commons again (as I mentioned upstream as being something the speaker can do)

I think both will be defeated comfortably; I don't think we're "there yet" for the Wollaston one, and Bryant's is just, well, churlish! BUT they'll be interesting indicators as to the swell of the house (to re-use my earlier metaphor) IF, that is, I can trust MPs to vote in an honest and open way.... which they probably don't. 

Edited by PloTok

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

He really is unbelievable, he's the speaker - not the leader of the fcuking opposition.

Crikey, it really is mayhem when you're criticising someone who is essentially still a Tory thinker. :ph34r:

The bloke's a rare beacon of democracy in the Commons. If Parliament can vote on May's sh*thouse deal for a third time, why can't members have the chance to vote for a Peoples Vote?

Mark Francois just turned a deeper shade of red than his usual "gammon pink." He's furious.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:
He really is unbelievable, he's the speaker - not the leader of the fcuking opposition.

...and has allowed Wollaston's one that is effectively FOR a 2nd referendum.

The only thing I can think is that Wollaston's amendment is phrased in terms of today's business (that is, A50 extension... to Costock.... sorry, couldn't resist :blush:) and the ERG one goes straight for the throat. Moot anyway, it's not the right time to be discussing a 2nd referendum and Wollaston will be defeated.

I fully agree with Chris Bryant's motion. 

The PM's deal is dead. MPs have had their say twice and the PM has continually used scare tactics to try and get her shit deal through. 

It's time to go back to the drawing board and include the whole of the HOC. Party politics needs to be left outside and they need to get in a room and come up with a solution that the majority would back. 

Or put all the options on the table and have a proportional vote. So at the very least we get a decision of what MPs want. 

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Crikey, it really is mayhem when you're criticising someone who is essentially still a Tory thinker. :ph34r:

The bloke's a rare beacon of democracy in the Commons. If Parliament can vote on May's sh*thouse deal for a third time, why can't members have the chance to vote for a Peoples Vote?

I never said they shouldn't have a chance to vote for a second referendum. My issue is him not selecting the amendment signed by over 100 mp's - yet again breaking precedent connvienently on the side he supports in the Brexit debate.

Beacon of democracy lol I'm not even falling for that piece of trolling.

Guest MattP
11 minutes ago, PloTok said:

...and has allowed Wollaston's one that is effectively FOR a 2nd referendum.

The only thing I can think is that Wollaston's amendment is phrased in terms of today's business (that is, A50 extension... to Costock.... sorry, couldn't resist :blush:) and the ERG one goes straight for the throat. Moot anyway, it's not the right time to be discussing a 2nd referendum and Wollaston will be defeated.

Have no problem with him selecting that amendment.

Bizarre that the People's Vote extremists have gone for this so early, nowhere near enough support for it in the house - is it the Tiggers trying to show they are now the anti-Brexit party?

Did this man just say there's "a greater sense of unity than I've seen in our country for some time" lol

What’s the most hypocritical, morally corrupt & contemptuous thing the odious f**king reptile could do next?

Beg ‘foreign’ politicians to frustrate the democratic will of the United Kingdom’s sovereign Parliament.

Bloke never ceases to amaze.

Extend article 50 for as long as it takes to achieve an acceptable deal that means:

We wont get poorer

Jobs are safeguarded

GFA is upheld

We have the infastructure to cope with additional customs checks and the impact of tariffs

And if that deal is never found, we never leave.

Thats it.

• Like 1