Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

18. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester)

Formerly a triumphant King in the North, there’s high hopes for Brendan’s future. But he’s keen to play them down, naturally.

Do you have an eye on the iron throne, Brendan? No, no, he replies modestly. He’s all about “the group” and “opportunities”. But why is there that 7ft self-portrait of your face now hanging in the throne room? Aha, Brendan laughs softly and flashes you his pearly whites. Ahaha. Who can possibly resist?

Note: Brendan carks it after 500 hairy-arsed invaders from north of the wall track him down.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-premier-league-manager-how-long-theyd-survive-game-thrones#FzWKyxdjyZWgf4ev.99

• 2 weeks later...

Points returns after first 7 league games as Leicester manager:

Brendan Rodgers: 13

Claude Puel: 14

Craig Shakespeare: 16

Puel and Shakespeare arguably had more difficult fixtures too. 

Now I fully believe that Rodgers is the right man for us and there are promising early signs, but I'm not getting too carried away yet and anyone looking at the figures above would understand why. We've seen the effect a new manager has had in the past, the true test is what happens further on down the line. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Now I fully believe that Rodgers is the right man for us and there are promising early signs, but I'm not getting too carried away yet and anyone looking at the figures above would understand why. We've seen the effect a new manager has had in the past, the true test is what happens further on down the line. 

Point well made Ben.

I think the manner we play, more than the results gives me reason for optimism. Our passers getting on the ball often and utilising Vardy's strengths are things we failed to do enough of before. If we can continue to do this I hope consistent results will follow.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Shakey in! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone who thinks he has come in and instantly made us the finished article is naive, we are still the team that looked so clueless at times under Puel against even the most mediocre of opposition. In many ways I'm glad we've looked a bit iffy the last 2 games as opposed to how dominant and in control we were against Fulham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. It shows Rodgers that there's massive work to be done and the squad needs improving too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Shakey’s first fixture was Liverpool at home which we won with the raw emotion of the evening but after that I don’t recall too many difficult prem fixtures in his winning run of five games - then it became messy with games we weren’t bothered about either side of the CL QF and thereafter the backend of the season was defined by the tactical masterclass at home to spurs and the unfortunate mahrez double hit pen at the Etihad

I think you can judge the honeymoon period of all three on a similar level - the test comes now for Brendan as we see how well he can motivate the players against top six teams with little realistically to play for apart from pride !!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Shakey’s first fixture was Liverpool at home which we won with the raw emotion of the evening but after that I don’t recall too many difficult prem fixtures in his winning run of five games - then it became messy with games we weren’t bothered about either side of the CL QF and thereafter the backend of the season was defined by the tactical masterclass at home to spurs and the unfortunate mahrez double hit pen at the Etihad

I think you can judge the honeymoon period of all three on a similar level - the test comes now for Brendan as we see how well he can motivate the players against top six teams with little realistically to play for apart from pride !!

You’d like to think, new manager coming in shortly before a transfer window, which he’ll potentially be looking at bringing in at least a couple of players, as well as moving some on. That it’ll be enough for the players to want to impress and cement their positions for next season.