Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There is some loyalty left in the game, especially at management level - Rodgers would never leave at the end of this season, whoever came calling. Would be too classless 

??? he left celtic with a treble treble calling , if Roman picks up the phone and pays Top 30m Rodgers will last seen in leics travelling at 110mph on the M1 south , and I wouldn’t moan because likewise if we lost 10 games under him he would be sacked , football has NO loyalty left 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm trying not to get carried away because we got off to a good start when both Shakespeare and Puel came in. However, the early signs look very positive. I do think he's made the necessary changes to get more out of this squad but I also think there has been somewhat of a new manager bounce. It'll be interesting to see how we get on once the novelty of having a new manager wears off. 

100% this

15 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

??? he left celtic with a treble treble calling , if Roman picks up the phone and pays Top 30m Rodgers will last seen in leics travelling at 110mph on the M1 south , and I wouldn’t moan because likewise if we lost 10 games under him he would be sacked , football has NO loyalty left 

Whilst your post is a little tongue in cheek, I still don’t believe he would walk out on us within six months. He has plenty of years left in him and his next job will be a big one.  Summer 2020 could be different !  

Managers sometimes have to convince players to stay another year ...... how could they do that if they walk out on a job  after five months without a negative reason  !! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst your post is a little tongue in cheek, I still don’t believe he would walk out on us within six months. He has plenty of years left in him and his next job will be a big one.  Summer 2020 could be different !  

Managers sometimes have to convince players to stay another year ...... how could they do that if they walk out on a job  after five months without a negative reason  !! 

Mark McGhee walked out on us after 1 year. Never underestimate a person's ambition, however misguided. Some people are just in too much of a hurry to get to the top.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mark McGhee walked out on us after 1 year. Never underestimate a person's ambition, however misguided. Some people are just in too much of a hurry to get to the top.

Megson left after 23 minutes!

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He ain’t bloody leaving after four months unless we screwed him over making lots of promises we can’t keep!

On 6 April 2019 at 19:01, Gordon the Great said:

Yes, so was O.J. Simpson.....................but then again his hands were not covered in T.NT. RESIDUE.............

Yeah  - no real arguing with that level of forensic intelligence...

When he stays.....then if..

we get Tielemans to sign ...that could lead to B.Rodgers convincing...

Chilwell

Maddison

Maguire

All to stay,and all shake hands in moving this club into a dreamland new era...

And children they all lived happily ever after..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Came here to post a sense of calm level headedness but screw that!

Brendan you are doing a great job, rebuilt the spirit in an instant, players, young and old on side, all seemingly instantly benefitting from your tactics.

:scarf:

Keep Tielemans and teams won't be able to handle us next season after a pre season with Rodgers, we have to many dangerous players for the opposition to concentrate on any single one.

It's looking very promising Rodgers will also build up the players confidence as we have seen since he came in meaning anything is possible it's gonna be fun to see what happens next season 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Keep Tielemans and teams won't be able to handle us next season after a pre season with Rodgers, we have to many dangerous players for the opposition to concentrate on any single one.

It's looking very promising Rodgers will also build up the players confidence as we have seen since he came in meaning anything is possible it's gonna be fun to see what happens next season 

A preseason that doesn't include the World Cup or the Euros. All energy properly devoted to the club. Get ready for the ball going backwards and more possession.:ph34r: Quicker play of course.

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What's a bit eerie is that Rodgers has had this same 4 game winning run that Puel had when he got here, even more eerie is that the fourth game of that run was a 1-4 win. I just hope we don't get a rude awakening this weekend.

You know what is really eerie?

This ear

Child ear 40045475_ml.jpg

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Really am behind Rodgers. I think the biggest difference he's made so far is the overhaul of the midfield - granted Puel only had Tielemans for two games but he's managed to get our midfield three all working excellently together. A destroyer in Ndidi focusing on what he does best behind two midfielders with real technical quality. The most encouraging thing is they're all 22 or younger. Our midfield has gone from our weakness to possibly our strength.

The formation is far better for this reason. It means you can't mark Maddison out the game easily as Tielemans requires attention.

I do think now that his reign is over, it's worth giving Puel some credit for the squad he's assembled - the problem was at the time it was quite hard to really talk things up because the entire vibe about the team was negative. Every time we won, deep down I felt that it just prolonged the inevitable with Puel, that he was never going to be properly popular with our fans and that he's never really going to build what he wanted to do. I think he had some of the right ideas but wasn't capable of implementing them.

What's a bit eerie is that Rodgers has had this same 4 game winning run that Puel had when he got here, even more eerie is that the fourth game of that run was a 1-4 win. I just hope we don't get a rude awakening this weekend.

One thing I will say is that during that run under Puel, Mahrez was absolutely unplayable. In this instance I could point to Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Ricardo, even the likes of Schmeichel as to why we're doing well again. It feels like we have a team ethic again.

I've been hasty to big this group of players up too much because so often they've frustrated but I really do think they're starting to click. Our future is bright. We've got the right man.

We'll still be frustrated, with so many young lads we'll still end up being inconsistent, put the potential is there.

• Like 1