Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

ITS FCUKIN BRENDAN!!!!

It's never been Brendon

Also its RODGERS.

How is it that difficult to spell a name, these arent peculiar words from the Latin dictionary.

My mum used to pronounce Claudio’s surname Onrario because she just has so much contempt for football.

I was relieved when we sacked him to be honest.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 1

For those of you who had forgotten Claude Puels first 8 games for us, here's a refresher:

29 October 2017 10    Leicester City    2–0    Everton    

4 November 2017 11    Stoke City        2–2    Leicester City    

18 November 2017 12    Leicester City    0–2    Manchester City    

24 November 2017 13    West Ham United    1–1    Leicester City    

28 November 2017 14    Leicester City    2–1    Tottenham Hotspur    

2 December 2017 15    Leicester City    1–0    Burnley    

9 December 2017 16    Newcastle United    2–3    Leicester City    

13 December 2017 17    Southampton    1–4    Leicester City    ........

It can all be made to turn sour after a start like this q.e.d. The injection of youth came along, the results took a downward turn, but we all know that if this side can stick together (I'd prefer without Morgan or Schmeikel for younger players that are less influential in the dressing room).

16 December 2017 18    Leicester City    0–3    Crystal Palace

When BR has done equally well or  better in his first 8 games, and improve on Puel's following games, maybe, just maybe, I'll start to think he could be the manager to take this good young team forward, but it will always be a Claude Puel team, just as the 2015/16 League winning side to many of our members was a Pearson team (but never in my mind).

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

For those of you who had forgotten Claude Puels first 8 games for us, here's a refresher:

29 October 2017 10    Leicester City    2–0    Everton    

4 November 2017 11    Stoke City        2–2    Leicester City    

18 November 2017 12    Leicester City    0–2    Manchester City    

24 November 2017 13    West Ham United    1–1    Leicester City    

28 November 2017 14    Leicester City    2–1    Tottenham Hotspur    

2 December 2017 15    Leicester City    1–0    Burnley    

9 December 2017 16    Newcastle United    2–3    Leicester City    

13 December 2017 17    Southampton    1–4    Leicester City    ........

It can all be made to turn sour after a start like this q.e.d. The injection of youth came along, the results took a downward turn, but we all know that if this side can stick together (I'd prefer without Morgan or Schmeikel for younger players that are less influential in the dressing room).

16 December 2017 18    Leicester City    0–3    Crystal Palace

When BR has done equally well or  better in his first 8 games, and improve on Puel's following games, maybe, just maybe, I'll start to think he could be the manager to take this good young team forward, but it will always be a Claude Puel team, just as the 2015/16 League winning side to many of our members was a Pearson team (but never in my mind).

If memory serves we were coming up to a hugely congested winter schedule at the time. We lost to Palace, Man City in the Cup, drew last minute with Man Utd, lost to Watford & Liverpool. But then we kept a clean sheet for 5 games in a row with Dragovic in the team. And then he put Morgan immediately back in. And then Mahrez got the mardies, our whole season got disrupted and we had a bunch of injuries with at least 9 players with one eye on the World Cup in the summer. Basically we had a 3 month malaise till the end of the season which sort of set the tone for what happened next

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Great game management today. Bringing Fuchs on and switching to a back 3 changed the game imo.

Didn’t agree with bringing on Mendy. Completely blunted our counter attack and he offered very little imo. 

I personally think bringing on Shinji would have re-energized us and kept them on their toes whenever we got the ball back. 

I do agree with what you’re saying about Fuchs though. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Didn’t agree with bringing on Mendy. Completely blunted our counter attack and he offered very little imo. 

I personally think bringing on Shinji would have re-energized us and kept them on their toes whenever we got the ball back. 

Agree in some respects but he should be using this time until the end of the season to prepare for next season, Shinji won’t be part of next season so I wouldn’t even have him in the squad I’m afraid 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We won give it a rest. Brendan got that SPOT ON. Feels good to have a manager that’s tactically astute for the first time since ???

Also, anyone else love seeing Brendan smirk when we nicked it at the end? Class!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We were playing for a 1-1 and that we got a win was a real bonus. But the manager did the right thing in my opinion, even if I do see your point about Mendy.

I also think in the first half even with 10 men, we saw far more cohesiveness in our attack. Players joining in together at the right times, low crosses to Vardy instead of high ones, etc. Before we went to 10 men, there was a good spell of pressure, and Vardy could and maybe should have made it 2-0 just before we conceded again down to some good attacking play. James Maddison I thought did very well in the first half despite being shifted out onto the wings and created quite a lot. The best thing Rodgers has done is to realise that Vardy is too isolated and got him support, but today I also think his use of Youri Tielemans was fantastic. He kept him on all game and realised that he was the one that could make things happen. And it was his cross at the end that got us the goal. To be honest if I was manager, I would build the entire team around Tielemans. He is that good IMO and will only improve and he has a good understanding with Vardy already. Today he started off as an 8 alongside Maddison, got shifted to a 6 after the sending off to sit alongside Ndidi, and then at the end played as a 10 behind Vardy. And he was good in all three positions!

With a full pre-season and 1 or 2 players of his choosing (hopefully Youri is one of them!) I think we will be much better next season. Really we are more than good enough for 7th and the only reason we aren't is because of poor mistakes and decision making like Maguire today.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

If memory serves we were coming up to a hugely congested winter schedule at the time. We lost to Palace, Man City in the Cup, drew last minute with Man Utd, lost to Watford & Liverpool. But then we kept a clean sheet for 5 games in a row with Dragovic in the team. And then he put Morgan immediately back in. And then Mahrez got the mardies, our whole season got disrupted and we had a bunch of injuries with at least 9 players with one eye on the World Cup in the summer. Basically we had a 3 month malaise till the end of the season which sort of set the tone for what happened next

Where do you get a memory like that. I want one.

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Where do you get a memory like that. I want one.

Please take it from me. Can’t remember why I walked up the ****ing stairs but if you want me to tell you who scored the winner against Barnsley in 1998 then I can access that information right away. 

(It was Zagorakis)

(Bonus useless fact: I sat behind Roy Cropper in the Carling Stand)

help me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

yeh!

had Rodgers listened to your advice we could have won the game.

I wasn't totally convinced by his appointment but he's had a good start and led us through a tough scenario being down to 10 inside 5mins today. Bar a totally shite kick out from Kasper gifting Watford the game the other week he could easily be sitting undefeated too.

He sets us up to look to actively get more service into Vardy and has instantly got a better blend across the midfield with the 4 regular starters in Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi and Tielemans. Think he effectively uses Mendy, who did well coming in vs Fulham and Burnley, off the bench as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Don’t want to join the pile on but I think Rodgers made the right call. I agree with you that Shinji would have offered us more energy but we were being overloaded in midfield and not getting the best out of Tielemans. Putting Mendy in midfield bolstered the numbers defensively and gave Tielemans better freedom to roam higher up the pitch. Hamza would have been a much better choice IMO as he can add energy to attacks and be that extra defensive man in midfield. 

And he doesn’t make ridiculous bloody backpasses that put others under pressure.