Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Christchurch

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Is Trump his legal advisor? How can he plead not guilty when he filmed himself doing it!!

Similar to Breivik I imagine, wants a trial for PR/and to push his political opinions. 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Similar to Breivik I imagine, wants a trial for PR/and to push his political opinions. 

This is probably right. Here's hoping the media are smart enough to not give him what he wants before he heads for the deepest, darkest hole NZ can offer for the rest of his life.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52044013

Now a guilty plea - perhaps he thinks that because of everything going on he won't be the centre of attention of the world at court?

Guess now they can throw away the key until he can be deradicalised, if indeed that's possible.

He could be the best prisoner ever. show all the remorse in the world, be completely deradicalised and should still never get out.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He could be the best prisoner ever. show all the remorse in the world, be completely deradicalised and should still never get out.  

Perhaps I'm wrong and some people are truly beyond redemption, but I'm of the opinion that even white supremacist wastes of oxygen like this, as well as their counterpart death-worshipping fascist Wahabists, should be given the chance.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps I'm wrong and some people are truly beyond redemption, but I'm of the opinion that even white supremacist wastes of oxygen like this, as well as their counterpart death-worshipping fascist Wahabists, should be given the chance.

I think whatever the motivation, for a crime of this level there should be no redemption.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I admire your compassion but I just don't ever see it as worth the risk.

Not to mention the grief, suffering and mental health wellbeing his release would cause all the relatives of those he killed.

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think whatever the motivation, for a crime of this level there should be no redemption.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I admire your compassion but I just don't ever see it as worth the risk.

Not to mention the grief, suffering and mental health wellbeing his release would cause all the relatives of those he killed.

You could both well be right.

If he had the motivation though, I'd rather he spend the rest of his life working to make at least some kind of amends to those whose lives he so horribly changed rather than simply rotting in a jail cell - but that is entirely my subjective take.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You could both well be right.

If he had the motivation though, I'd rather he spend the rest of his life working to make at least some kind of amends to those whose lives he so horribly changed rather than simply rotting in a jail cell - but that is entirely my subjective take.

To be honest when you've done what he did the best thing you can do is grab a rope and swing yourself from it.

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

He should never be allowed out period. Even if he can be rehabilitated he killed so many, destroyed families, destroyed public trust, influenced other nutters like him and we cant change that now.

I also feel a knob like this shouldn't even be allowed to live in a jail and should be thrown to some box jelly fish. But thats just anger talking and feeds into it all.

Lock him up for life, toss the keys away. If he wants to change thats fine and he should! If he wants to try to deradicalize others fine but he can do so from  behind bars.  People have to understand as a grown arse man/woman you are expected to deal with the consequences of your misguided actions.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

To be honest when you've done what he did the best thing you can do is grab a rope and swing yourself from it.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you think the families of the victims will get more satisfaction and sense of justice from that or from him trying to make amends for the rest of his natural. I'm not sure, guess it depends entirely on them really.

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

He should never be allowed out period. Even if he can be rehabilitated he killed so many, destroyed families, destroyed public trust, influenced other nutters like him and we cant change that now.

I also feel a knob like this shouldn't even be allowed to live in a jail and should be thrown to some box jelly fish. But thats just anger talking and feeds into it all.

Lock him up for life, toss the keys away. If he wants to change thats fine and he should! If he wants to try to deradicalize others fine but he can do so from  behind bars.  People have to understand as a grown arse man/woman you are expected to deal with the consequences of your misguided actions.

I think he likely deserves death, too. But as long as he's alive there is a possibility he can do things that might be beneficial to society and to the victims families.

Honestly, it's a real bugger of a debate that plays back into the death penalty discussion that crops up here from time to time. If anyone ever deserves that, it's him...but I think there's a utilitarian argument to be made that even pieces of filth like him have their uses.

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

You have to think if he wasn’t driven by hatred and misanthropy that’s what he would done.

There’s plenty of people even with his views that wouldn’t have gone this far, you have to be on the brink to even consider it really because realistically it’s either suicide by cop or your never seeing sunlight again likely.

It’s horrific people are driven to this. I don’t feel sympathy for him, but something in his life had to move him to the point of basically ending his life.

Edited by Finnaldo

• 4 months later...
On 26/03/2020 at 13:29, leicsmac said:

Someone who takes so many lives and absolutely ruins countless more, shouldn’t be given the chance of redemption. Not in my opinion anyway. 

Pleading not guilty shows absolutely zero remorse almost immediately after the act. De-radicalised or not, someone like that should never be given the opportunity to walk the streets and potentially do the same again. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53919624

Enjoy the big house for the rest of your natural. And here's hoping that some day all your white supremacist friends find themselves there and the ideology itself is stomped into the past where it belongs.

When I see neo-Nazis today it disgusts me. Imagine countries fighting, and people giving everything, to kill Nazism only for years later people to still fly their flag. Scum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Someone who takes so many lives and absolutely ruins countless more, shouldn’t be given the chance of redemption. Not in my opinion anyway. 

Pleading not guilty shows absolutely zero remorse almost immediately after the act. De-radicalised or not, someone like that should never be given the opportunity to walk the streets and potentially do the same again. 

That's fair enough.

Personally I would hope that he'd be able to contribute to society in at least some way rather than just rotting in a cell, though. He owes that.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

When I see neo-Nazis today it disgusts me. Imagine countries fighting, and people giving everything, to kill Nazism only for years later people to still fly their flag. Scum.

Just goes to show that if people forget history then they repeat it, and if they remember it then they *still* repeat it because they think it didn't go "their" way before and they want to somehow even the score.

• 5 months later...