Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Christchurch

21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47605542

interesting that there was no mark of respect. 

I gotta be honest, I often think these equal rights pressure groups can get a bit uppity over minor shit but in this instance it's really hard to disagree with any of that. 

Really amazing the Prem / FA didn't do anything. Maybe just because it wasn't a full PL calendar this weekend. Maybe they'll do next weekend when everyone's playing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I gotta be honest, I often think these equal rights pressure groups can get a bit uppity over minor shit but in this instance it's really hard to disagree with any of that. 

Really amazing the Prem / FA didn't do anything. Maybe just because it wasn't a full PL calendar this weekend. Maybe they'll do next weekend when everyone's playing. 

No point next weekend will be seen as caving to pressure and not authentic.  People wont be happy.

I do believe  they dropped the ball this weekend  though. 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47605542

interesting that there was no mark of respect. 

I thought that was odd too. I mean I can see the arguments against - something not connected with football and on the other side of the planet; the article mentions the Paris attacks - respectfully, Paris is Paris and Christchurch is Christchurch. The former is one of the most visited and loved cities on the planet, and an attack in which football was specifically targeted (and one killed if memory serves). It also mentions the Six Nations - an international competition to which New Zealand is far more connected. We’ve also had quite a lot of weekends this season that have had marks of respect - it’s an almost weekly occurance where every tragedy is marked whether it’s connected to football or not. 

Having said that it would have been nice to have something. If not a moments silence or armbands, just some ****ing flowers to be taken to the nearest Mosque would have sufficed. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

You can't completely blame the internet. There was David Copeland in 1999 before the internet and many many before. I do agree however that kids are bored. They're also increasingly sucked into the negative 24/7 media based world we now live in. 

Absolutely. The internet is a symptom. The cause is a lack of things outside of the home to engage kids in useful things. When I was younger I wasn’t lucky that my parents were scout leaders, so I was doing something outdoors that was productive and constructive every week. I then moved on to DofE, and served as a voluntary leader for 11 years until it ended late last year because of defunding and almost deliberate mismanagement. I firmly believe that have SOMETHING like Scouts or DofE is hugely important for young people; something that’s positive, gets them active and most importantly involved in the community in a positive way. 

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

I was hugely impressed with her, too.

A breath of fresh air as compared with the dross of many of our current UK politicians.

True, imagine Mrs may doing the same?  No chance, especially after her 'hostile environment' nonsense.  It seems the likes of Mrs Ardern are few and far between.

It's hard to comprehend such a terrible tragedy and even harder to understand why someone would carry out such an atrocity.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Shooting in Netherlands. Started on tram apparently or close to.

Police name him as Gokmen Tanis, who is still on the loose according to reports around the area.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 15/03/2019 at 20:07, hejammy said:

It's an absolute travasty, horrible to think people like this exist. 

There are active members of this forum however,  who when something like this happens and it's an 'Islamic terrorist' are very very vocal however have not said a word with regards to today's events...says a lot really :(

The silence is deafening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Who we talking about?

Not interested in personal attacks.. best we just ignore this point and focus on how we can reduce the evil that people of this scumbags ilk can commit. Whether that is in reality or online.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47648549

The correct legislative response to gun violence, USA take note (but we know you won't).

If they’re not going to do anything after toddlers are massacred at school, then they’ll never do anything. 3rd world country. 

20 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I guess this belongs here rather than the news thread:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47651350

Cvnt.

What the **** is wrong with people???!!

Toniight our PM has been on TV denying this story from 2010.

THE opposition immigration spokesman, Scott Morrison, urged the shadow cabinet to capitalise on the electorate's growing concerns about "Muslim immigration", "Muslims in Australia" and the "inability" of Muslim migrants to integrate.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/morrison-sees-votes-in-anti-muslim-strategy-20110216-1awmo.html

If thats not bad enough, he refers to himself by his "twitter handle" ...............  "Scomo"

:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Toniight our PM has been on TV denying this story from 2010.

THE opposition immigration spokesman, Scott Morrison, urged the shadow cabinet to capitalise on the electorate's growing concerns about "Muslim immigration", "Muslims in Australia" and the "inability" of Muslim migrants to integrate.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/morrison-sees-votes-in-anti-muslim-strategy-20110216-1awmo.html

If thats not bad enough, he refers to himself by his "twitter handle" ...............  "Scomo"

:facepalm:

Southern Strategy, Part 2.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Is he not in cuffs yet? He assaulted a minor who threw an egg at him. Literally clocked him twice in the face/head. Then had his security wade in. 

Surely that's pretty ****ing illegal in any Western country? 

The kids slapped the egg on him, it's assault and he'd easily argue self defence on that one. 

• Like 1