Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

They'll do well to fill out Baku if the Europa League's owt to go by. Will they be more expensive once the draw's announced? Trying to remember from 2016 when we just went in the blind ballot.

Edited by Voll Blau

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

They'll do well to fill out Baku if the Europa League's owt to go by. Will they be more expensive once the draw's announced? Trying to remember from 2016 when we just when in the blind ballot.

Yeah they’ll be more expensive 100%

Obviously won’t affect us as we’re group D. All our group games are at Wembley and Hampden Park ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Is it just me that think they're obscenely expensive? (cat 3 aside)

Yeah, they are. To be expected though.

Think we paid 40 to go behind the goal at PSG in the last one so it's actually cheaper in some places (though admittedly they're all the more difficult places to get to from most of western Europe).

16 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They are

I’ve no idea what this ‘fans first’ things about either 

Basically, previously when you were unsuccessful, when tickets went back on sale on the official resale platform, it would be open to general sale, whereas now if you applied for the semi final and were unsuccessful, you would now have the first opportunity to buy tickets before it goes back to general sale.

Think it's a vast improvement in all honesty.

I have a lot of negative opinions on UEFA but to be fair their ticketing is at least fairly transparent - yes there will be a lot of corporate but the seats which do go to fans are fairly allocated and balloted and officially resold.

• Thanks 1

I posted this in the Euro 2020 qualifier thread a while back which gives the possible destinations based on our finishing position in the group.

Assuming England play all three group games in London (Wembley).

If they win the group they will go to Dublin for the L16 and Rome for the QF

If they finish second in the group, it will be Copenhagen for the L16 and St Petersburg in the QF

If the finish 3rd and qualify as one of the best placed 3rd teams then it could be as follows (depends on which 3rd place teams qualify in other groups)

L16 Bilbao QF Munich

L16 Glasgow QF Rome

L16 Budapest QF Baku

Then back to Wembley for the semi final and final!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

If they win the group they will go to Dublin for the L16

Get your flights booked now!

Edit: I have now actually booked flights - Birmingham to Dublin £26 e/w - get on it! Always taking the chance we don't finish top but worth the risk!

Edited by Yes N'Didi

4 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Get your flights booked now!

Edit: I have now actually booked flights - Birmingham to Dublin £26 e/w - get on it! Always taking the chance we don't finish top but worth the risk!

Can you book them this far out? I am trying to book flights for next May for a holiday but none of the websites are listing flights further than 12 months from today?

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Can you book them this far out? I am trying to book flights for next May for a holiday but none of the websites are listing flights further than 12 months from today?

Go to Ryanair directly - Birmingham to Dublin. Obviously taking a risk but if we get there it will be utter carnage.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 09:58, Yes N'Didi said:

Basically, previously when you were unsuccessful, when tickets went back on sale on the official resale platform, it would be open to general sale, whereas now if you applied for the semi final and were unsuccessful, you would now have the first opportunity to buy tickets before it goes back to general sale.

Think it's a vast improvement in all honesty.

I have a lot of negative opinions on UEFA but to be fair their ticketing is at least fairly transparent - yes there will be a lot of corporate but the seats which do go to fans are fairly allocated and balloted and officially resold.

Is that the end of the resale platform then? As frustrating as that process is I’ve found it to be pretty decent.

I ended up with tickets to every England game in Ukraine (bar the first which I wasn’t there for). Admittedly the press told us all we would die there so nobody wanted to go but still...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is that the end of the resale platform then? As frustrating as that process is I’ve found it to be pretty decent.

No, the resale platform will sill be there afterwards and throughout the tournament, it’s just that they are giving fans who applied and missed out first dibs on tickets which didn’t get paid for when the ballot was done.

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I ended up with tickets to every England game in Ukraine (bar the first which I wasn’t there for). Admittedly the press told us all we would die there so nobody wanted to go but still...

I went to Kiev for the Quarter’s

Beautiful place, and even better women 

36 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I went to Kiev for the Quarter’s

Beautiful place, and even better women 

Yeah Kiev was class. That game was absolutely horrific, I can remember us bring Jordan Henderson on while we were getting violated and the two Ukrainians next to me just looked at me and laughed.

The experience of Ukraine is why I think the idea of spreading the tournament over different countries is a bit crap. I would have never gone there and loved the place.

• Like 1

Though there’s some 

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah Kiev was class. That game was absolutely horrific, I can remember us bring Jordan Henderson on while we were getting violated and the two Ukrainians next to me just looked at me and laughed.

The experience of Ukraine is why I think the idea of spreading the tournament over different countries is a bit crap. I would have never gone there and loved the place.

Agreed, although there’s some great venues in the group stages- Bucharest and Baku spring to mind immediately 

On a personal level I’m glad our games will be predominantly local, I simply can’t afford the travel with all the other venues we might’ve had 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Though there’s some 

Agreed, although there’s some great venues in the group stages- Bucharest and Baku spring to mind immediately 

On a personal level I’m glad our games will be predominantly local, I simply can’t afford the travel with all the other venues we might’ve had 

Yeah I agree with that part.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2019 at 10:59, stripeyfox said:

I posted this in the Euro 2020 qualifier thread a while back which gives the possible destinations based on our finishing position in the group.

Assuming England play all three group games in London (Wembley).

If they win the group they will go to Dublin for the L16 and Rome for the QF

If they finish second in the group, it will be Copenhagen for the L16 and St Petersburg in the QF

If the finish 3rd and qualify as one of the best placed 3rd teams then it could be as follows (depends on which 3rd place teams qualify in other groups)

L16 Bilbao QF Munich

L16 Glasgow QF Rome

L16 Budapest QF Baku

Then back to Wembley for the semi final and final!

Do you know what dates we would be in Dublin and Rome for then (assuming we win the group?) 

As I follow Germany I have applied to all potential group games in Munich. I also went for Dublin and Bucharest in last 16 (potential for Germany depending on a 1st/2nd finish), then Rome quarters and Wembley for semis and final.

I also went for all Wembley group games and Last 16 as they're "local".

13 games all in all. If I got all games at the categories I asked for, then I will be left with a bill of €1500 odd.

Realistically I will end up with only Bucharest probably, what a trip that would be. No Baku style trip though, that's horrific. Luckily for us all, England and Germany will not be playing there (unless either finished as one of the best 3rd placed teams).