Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DannyN83

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s weird how the same people who don’t like a parody account actually do like a parody account parodying the parody account. 

Because 1 is acting really serious and pretending that they're ITK. The other is the obvious pisstake.

37 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Because 1 is acting really serious and pretending that they're ITK. The other is the obvious pisstake.

He’s acting serious as a form of satire. People taking him seriously is not his fault, especially when he’s as absurdly satirical as possible. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He’s acting serious as a form of satire. People taking him seriously is not his fault, especially when he’s as absurdly satirical as possible. 

Are you him? Jk

I understand satire, but satire is a form of comedy. If it's not funny, it isn't satire. And SeanfromEnderby isn't satire because it's not actually funny in anyway shape or form.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Are you him? Jk

I understand satire, but satire is a form of comedy. If it's not funny, it isn't satire. And SeanfromEnderby isn't satire because it's not actually funny in anyway shape or form.

but that’s your opinion.

I put it in the same bracket as The Office with Ricky gervais. straight serious deadpan comments with a comedy undertone. wether you find it funny or not is upto you.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Humour is subjective. :dunno:

Deluded Brendan is satire. Don Claudio is satire. Obvious Michael Owen is satire. 

They are parodying the real life people in a funny way. But it's always tongue in cheek, that's how you know it's satire. 

What is Sean parodying to make it satirical? 

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

but that’s your opinion.

I put it in the same bracket as The Office with Ricky gervais. straight serious deadpan comments with a comedy undertone. wether you find it funny or not is upto you.

Where's the comedy undertone? If I can see it, I'll hold my hands up. But... Where's the humour? 

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

Deluded Brendan is satire. Don Claudio is satire. Obvious Michael Owen is satire. 

They are parodying the real life people in a funny way. But it's always tongue in cheek, that's how you know it's satire. 

doesn’t have to be parody

sat·ire
/ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

hes clearly ridiculing, amongst other things  just about everybody, especially those taking him seriously
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Where's the comedy undertone? If I can see it, I'll hold my hands up. But... Where's the humour? 

the humour is in the ridiculing of those taking him seriously.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Are you him? Jk

It’s not satire because you don’t find it funny lol 

Phone Jacker, satire

“to seize control of a telephone conversation by farce esp. to divert it from reason and logic”

Probably sums up a lot of parody accounts that fool gullible people to react to obvious silly made up nonsense. 

True. I don't find ***** funny. I don't find Ricky Gervais funny. But also with twitter having about a million people that think they're funny... Waters down that effect. 

It may be funny once or twice, but when people keep retweeting the same nonsense crap in the Maguire thread, it stops being satire and hits straight into annoyance. 

13 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I do like his Martin Cockshaw account, some of that is pretty good

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

True. I don't find ***** funny. I don't find Ricky Gervais funny. But also with twitter having about a million people that think they're funny... Waters down that effect. 

It may be funny once or twice, but when people keep retweeting the same nonsense crap in the Maguire thread, it stops being satire and hits straight into annoyance. 

you dont get to set the rules for everyone, only yourself. there’s so many diverse forms of humour that no one is going enjoy it all. and that’s ok.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

you dont get to set the rules for everyone, only yourself. there’s so many diverse forms of humour that no one is going enjoy it all. and that’s ok.

So does that mean it's ok if I and a bunch of other people don't see it as satire or funny at all because our sense of humour doesn't go that way but yours and others do? Cause it does work both ways. If you find the whole thing funny, that's fine. But to then call out others for not having the same humour and 'getting' the parody account is the same thing. 

It's not about the humour or lack it. It is just the fact it keeps getting brought up in the Maguire thread. 

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

So does that mean it's ok if I and a bunch of other people don't see it as satire or funny at all because our sense of humour doesn't go that way but yours and others do? Cause it does work both ways. If you find the whole thing funny, that's fine. But to then call out others for not having the same humour and 'getting' the parody account is the same thing. 

It's not about the humour or lack it. It is just the fact it keeps getting brought up in the Maguire thread. 

Have you seen the amount of United fans that cling on to his words? They are driving these updates because he keeps getting bites.

Relax, if you don't like it, then thankfully Twitter invented Block/Mute buttons ? we don't all have to like the same thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

that’s because he has tweeted about it? lol

Also his tweets have been taken very seriously by some man united fans which i find absolutely hilarious!

• Like 1