Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BWRL

Data breach

If anybody had the email about the security breach from lcfc store about their card details being stolen, my card details were attempted to be used yesterday and today and thankfully my bank blocked the transactions...so keep an eye out! 

Luckily by pure coincidence I had just ordered a new personalised card from Barclays day before I ordered from Lcfc shop. 

I got an email about it but I think no website or social media post (that I saw anyway) was made by the club and I think that's shocking.

The email I got was sent to an old email and not even one I use for the Lcfc website. Off the pitch the club at times is a shambles. There is still people who wouldn't even know about this breach now. 

My brother didn't get any email at all but his bank contacted him about some dodgy payments too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BWRL said:

If anybody had the email about the security breach from lcfc store about their card details being stolen, my card details were attempted to be used yesterday and today and thankfully my bank blocked the transactions...so keep an eye out! 

Am I being dumb but In the second email sent out it said card numbers had been stolen but the ccv number hasn’t been compromised so how are they using the card 

1 hour ago, Paddy_D said:

Know nothing about this so hoping that means I wasn't affected. What  did the email say?

It was between 23 April - 4 May, anything purchased via online store I think 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I being dumb but In the second email sent out it said card numbers had been stolen but the ccv number hasn’t been compromised so how are they using the card 

It says CCV was, just not the securecode..pretty sure I’m not normally asked for that anyway? 

Surely a a free shirt is due as a a result of the ballache caused! I can hope...

C38B5121-0DF2-4864-B36C-F6494D53FFAC.jpeg

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Glad things were stopped, but didn't you contact your bank or cancel your card the minute that news came out originally?

Hadn’t seen the 2nd email but yes in hindsight! 

52 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It said that the CVV number had been.

Someone tried to purchase some stuff on my card last Friday on the back of this but luckily Nationwide picked it up.

I emailed the club asking for full details of exactly what data of mine had been compromised, but I'm still waiting for a reply. 

7 minutes ago, BWRL said:

It says CCV was, just not the securecode..pretty sure I’m not normally asked for that anyway? 

Surely a a free shirt is due as a a result of the ballache caused! I can hope...

C38B5121-0DF2-4864-B36C-F6494D53FFAC.jpeg

Ah so I misread it then I was looking for it to read again but couldn’t find it 

what’s the secure code then as they say that is needed to conduct transactions 

certainly is a ball ache as I only spent 40p on my card with them in that period of time as i was spending my foxes rewards at the time 

Edited by jammie82uk

26 minutes ago, BWRL said:

Hadn’t seen the 2nd email but yes in hindsight! 

Least if there is another time this type of thing happens you know what to do, but glad nothing was taken. 

Had a similar situation a few months back and the bank were brilliant with me.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Least if there is another time this type of thing happens you know what to do, but glad nothing was taken. 

Had a similar situation a few months back and the bank were brilliant with me.

Banks get a lot of stick but they are very good when it comes down to fraud.

33 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Someone used mine a few months back, rang the bank the morning I found out and within 15/20 mins I'd had my card cancelled, a new one being sent out and an investigation set off. They were brilliant tbf.

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Yeah I have just rang my card provider, literally took 4 minutes to sort it, 3 mins to get though the automated system and 60 secs to cancel card with new one being sent out