Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Ironic that our recruitment is slated yet it’s arguably our recruitment that has got us where we are today. The club aren’t going to get every single signing right. Nobody does.

There's a strong argument to say our recruitment is the best in the division. Look at the profits made on Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante and Maguire! Not to mention one of two of those players were voted PFA player of the year, one won the world cup, one won the AFCON, and one made the semi final of a world cup and is the most expensive defender in history. IMO over the last 5 seasons only Liverpool have a better transfer record that we do. We've consistently out performed in the transfer market.

Yes we've made plenty of bad signings and the pair from Sporting take the biscuit on this - that's 50m+ of players currently depreciating in value and probably not 100% off our wage bill despite being on loan in millionaire's playground Monaco. But even on some other poor signings, we've either broken even or made something back. Hernandez was a free but sold for a fee, Zieler we got a fee, Musa incredibly was break-even and Iborra (who IMO was actually decent) we broke even on too.

There are many clubs that would have killed to have made the signings we have over the last 7 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can understand nobody wanting Slimani, but not Silva. He's a international player at a prime age and nobody is prepared to pay even 10M. I would've thought a La Liga or Serie A team would've snapped him up. 

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I can understand nobody wanting Slimani, but not Silva. He's a international player at a prime age and nobody is prepared to pay even 10M. I would've thought a La Liga or Serie A team would've snapped him up. 

?

He has a medical at Monaco on Friday.

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Ironic that our recruitment is slated yet it’s arguably our recruitment that has got us where we are today. The club aren’t going to get every single signing right. Nobody does.

True, and let’s not forget that almost all of these “obviously bad” signings were approved by most people here at the time. The only one I remember that the consensus was against was Ghezzal.

13 hours ago, sm1 said:

At £80k a week, there ain't gonna be many suitors.